Re: Life sucks when ...

your fucking neighbours are literally banging the wall at the tiniest bit of noise. starting to do my nut in!!!

meschi wrote:

your fucking neighbours are literally banging the wall at the tiniest bit of noise. starting to do my nut in!!!

I think we need to go next door and have a word with them.  I think they are taking the piss.

Jap the Lad wrote:
meschi wrote:

I think we need to go next door and have a word with them.  I think they are taking the piss.

^ lol. maybe start by practicing face to face communication with eachother first  wink
but youre right, old fashion politeness is the order of the day.

meschi wrote:

Tell em to buy a house.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Communicator wrote:
meschi wrote:

Tell em to buy a house.

i have exactly the same problem, i was talking in mic of the x-box while playing, and the neighbour starting to bang, so i banged the wall louder  and no more problems eh eh

humangigz wrote:
Communicator wrote:
meschi wrote:

Tell em to buy a house.

i have exactly the same problem, i was talking in mic of the x-box while playing, and the neighbour starting to bang, so i banged the wall louder  and no more problems eh eh

haha. that's maybe our problem - we've always instantly bowed to their demands and turned the music down when they bang the wall (even when it is undeniably quiet).  So obviously they are wearing the trousers in this relationship as it stands and they think that they can get what they want.

The thing that gets me is we also have neighbours to the other side of and above our flat and we haven't heard a single peep out of either of them - so in my mind I have come to the conclusion that our banging neighbours must be complete sensitive cunt heads.  If they want peace get a detached house and move to the country.  Self help counselling session/slight rant over.

funny to read the above from a different perspective.
flat above me has just changed hands and the twat in the bedroom above mine plays drum and bass at ridiculous levels.

after that someone plays xbox so loud i hear zombies being graphically disemboweled while i sit on my couch reading Irish poetry to the missus (don't ask)

so yeah tonight we are going to have words, and they better not give me any of that 'buy a house shit' or i will smack em over the head with a volume of WB Yeats' finest

keep hackney crap

humangigz wrote:
Communicator wrote:
meschi wrote:

Tell em to buy a house.

word.

we are both reasonable people. After 9:30/10 - turn it down/off, before that... during the day... as long as its not actual shakin the house then thats that.

Seems reasonable after ten.

Dude above me seems to only watch the tv at high volume after 11pm during the week. I take my revenge with Egyptian Lover for breakfast. My Bass goes BOOM.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

byron wrote:

funny to read the above from a different perspective.
flat above me has just changed hands and the twat in the bedroom above mine plays drum and bass at ridiculous levels.

after that someone plays xbox so loud i hear zombies being graphically disemboweled while i sit on my couch reading Irish poetry to the missus (don't ask)

so yeah tonight we are going to have words, and they better not give me any of that 'buy a house shit' or i will smack em over the head with a volume of WB Yeats' finest

That does sound pretty shit, having to sit through that.  I'd imagine it to be an invasion of your sanity having to put up with it.  Everyone has got different thresholds of what they are prepared to put up with I guess, and I can understand people having different priorities.

Out of interest does anyone know if there is a defined criteria of what is too loud at what time in a legal sense or as outlined by an environmental health body?  Does it work in terms of how loud music is played or as heard in the recipients environment?  Or is it a bit like an internet fair usage policy?

Its just a bit frustrating when you feel like you are already being extremely and increasingly considerate but the problem still persists.

It would be good to know my rights I guess.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that the only thing i have to complain about is my neighbor's tubular windchimes.  but i took care of that by yanking out the wooden, middle part with the chinese symbol.  i dont think they even noticed...

i'm going to rent myself a place without neighbours...

@jap and meschi
keep a diary cause if your neighbours are that anal about it they might be keeping one, as instructed by the council.

at least you won't be defenceless if they use theirs against you.

keep hackney crap

you probably have already but have you tried moving the direction of the speakers and putting them onto something that will absorb vibration?

right, the music is low. Like I mean low man and just got another knock and have now ignored it (minus turning the bass down the tiniest wee bit) so far, they haven't re-buttled. It would be nice of them to come round if they are bothered but at the same time, no one likes confrontation so fair enough.

jasper, I think you were right man, they can probably hear it a tiny bit, and just because we were always switching shit off, they think they can knock at the slightest wee thing.

Kara: the speakers dont face them, and Ive got some foam somewhere but nothing that will make much of a difference.

Ive also looked up noise pollution laws and the council and next door can do fuck all. Only our landlord has the right to do anything and she is Vohra the Warrior, she really likes me anyway so its all good. Not that they would do anything because we are not ramming tunes 24/7... fuck these cunts (in a nice way)

Im gonna take it easy this weekend with the tunes and that, but Im not giving in now.

a mate of mine had the cops confiscate his amp (he persuaded them to leave the speakers) after a second visit, which he could only collect from them 4 weeks later. he's supposed to pay a fine but nothing came through..

"Its weighing up your neighbours right to peace and your right to play music"

good quote that ^

meschi wrote:

Im gonna take it easy this weekend with the tunes and that, but Im not giving in now.

are you fuck

takin it easy = not rammin it

life is tough on all of us sometimes...

hope u pull through meschi

hahaha, you make it sound like Im dying. Im sure I will pull through man. Im sure I will.

1,247 (edited by hysteric 2010-02-27 03:29:17)

Jap the Lad wrote:

Out of interest does anyone know if there is a defined criteria of what is too loud at what time in a legal sense or as outlined by an environmental health body?

at my place, it's outlined by the body corporate as being "any noise that can be heard outside the apartment", this applies from 10pm-7am i think.

anecdote from a few years ago...

for a period of about 2 weeks, the flat next to mine was the source of misery thanks to all-day/all-night drinking sessions held by a skanky chick and her biker dude friends
24 hrs a day they would be playing Alien Ant Farm and the Offspring at deafening volume, bang on the door, no answer.
Police would be called, 5 mins later the same again.

Eventually someone put a brick through their window... no more noise big_smile

when you're travelling back to your homecity, looking forward to have a drink and party with good ol friends that you haven't seen for long and then you get sick on the second day.

Now I'm stuck on my bed battling giant ogre's on my notebook as I would only do if I was totally bored at home. Great vacation. mad

Bummer score. Hope you get better soon!  smile

yep - score100 - good luck with the ogres, hope you get better!

now i need to vent:

bullshit party last night.  shoulda known better.  it was doc martin - who gives a gives about that guy. not me certainly.  but it was promoted as a '4 hour acid set' -  i'm like, ok that's interesting.  acid, in this town? that doesn't happen!  i don't give a shit who plays it - i will check this out.  check my bank account - oooh, whoops.  i've got like $80 until tuesday, the door is $15.  hmm, you know what fuck it - acid!  show up, opener's playing some pretty heavy disco, the crowds into it, i'm thinking, this is going to be alright. 

doc fucking martin goes on.  acid??  no.  just some weak-ass bullshit san francisco house bullshit - as usual.  i gave him an hour.  heard not a single acid line, not a single 707 tom roll, not even any shuffle-y 909 hats.  just normal, fucking boring house.  then some chick started getting a mic ready to sing along with the dj.  at that point i bailed - yuck.

i stopped going to events billed as 'electro' because i never heard any electro. it's just a cool word that people attach to parties and events they want to seem cool.  then they play shitty house.  now it's the same with acid? bah. maybe it's because i'm middle-aged now and go to clubs to hear music, when everyone else is going to party.