Re: Wt-01

alright then i will stick with the wavs

speculator wrote:

i dont know when.. why?

and i never understood why artists dont sell mp3s directly either? why should beatport or itunes get 30 percent or half or whatever they get?

Cause it could be a lot of work to do that yourself

What you also can do is change the link every now and then so the link doesn't get abused by illegal downloaders

How can you set the download of a file to 1?

who in The Hague is going to order this sweet record? We can make one package...

with yousendit i can see how many people download so if it starts going up i just delete it. and do it again..

http://sprend.com/

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

if you have a mac speculator there is no easier app then http://sbooth.org/Max/
it has LAME , FLAC , APE already built in and converting is a silch. Flac instead of wav to save you badwith.
Dont mess around with Itunes. Lame for itunes is not too reliable.
As for the illegal downloads , easiest solution is setting up an ftp, its pretty simple these days (again if you use mac)FETCH is amazingly easy. Customers have a password to get in to single folder they bought, and after download you can change password or just delete folder. Better bandwith  for customers , something common in digital stores is after 24 link never works. So if they had any issues they can contact you.
good luck with the label, hope this helps and you continue selling digital for future releases.

speculator wrote:

i dont know when.. why?

well, maybe you can bring some with you...
or anyway, maybe a massive sending to Holland could be a good idea (I'll be around soon)

xebeche wrote:
andaaa wrote:

nice tracks and cool label art. congrats

speculator wrote:

paypal me $2 to williamtburnett at gmail
and i will give you a link to download. this will be with the honor system and i only ask you nicely not to share. just trying to make a buck or 2.

good luck with this. sounds risky though

How is this risky ? beats selling in oline stores where prices are higher and artist & label gets little money for their work. Also if your label catalog dosent sell it gets pulled at their own discretion.  Independent labels should do this more often good move Speculator.

people sharing the link.

but if there ways around it then sure why not.

maybe http://soundcloud.com/ would be useful. people need to sign up is the only thing but you can see how many plays / downloads etc.

Good idea for the DIY digi release.. I think it is time for me to get a paypal account.

still trying to work out distribution.. no one likes my prices.. but they like the record..

i am gonna stick with my method for the digital..

Spec ... for itunes just so you know: Preferences>Import Settings button (this is misleadingly put in the "When you insert a cd" section)>in the new window select custom settings from the drop down menu and you get all the settings.

btw ... i'll send you a mail about the wavs. Good plan.

That Kinoeye track is great, by the way.

happy customer

I'll take one vinyl copy. What's the total homie (in Chicago)?

Also, what's the concept of the label?

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

40 (edited by Da fluxcapasitor 2009-05-12 18:21:20)

Consume to stay happy

edit: this isn't a reaction on the concept question btw

Go out and play

where can i send my demo?

My DIY digi copy arrived this morning, thanks to a fellow robot that already had a paypal account. Muchos gracias Like-a-kim!

43 (edited by Sander 2009-05-18 10:32:26)

If you use G-mail, you can just mail the two track to someone. Most people also have a gmail or hotmail  account and can receive big files. I would stick to mp3 btw. You can save the email with the attached mp3 so everytime you can just sent it again. No need to wait for uploading. Offcourse people can forward your email to others, but that is the same with a shared link.

Awesome release. Congrats!

listening to the record now!

very nice!

Got the record last week, thanks.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

cool.. i am glad you guys like them.. stinki and kinoeye's tracks are great.. i think they are available at flexx and rushhour and clone should have some soon. you can still get them from me too.. almost ready for number wt02

Awesome release. Gave the $tinkworx track on this a good solid play on show #2313; link and tracklist (with start times) in the Radio Streams section. Andrew

hey guys, i just bought the record from phonica for

keep hackney crap

@spec:
What will be WT-02?