Re: Second spring for Electroclash

cebteq wrote:

so it is a joke?

if you'd actually read the article, they answer your question there

i dont like people making fun of something i like sad

253 (edited by casionova 2009-06-02 22:36:14)

--/~~~~ wrote:

yeah but most argentinians are ethnic italian arent they?

anyways to get back to the fun fun bit...i seem to recall it being someones top italo favorite...

I could actually see him glee with pride when playing the record smile

I really love their first LP, every track's a killer! big_smile

edit: Sebastian's got Spanish-Russian ancestry I think...

cebteq wrote:

i dont like people making fun of something i like sad

what? I'm confused! who's making fun of anything? they're sincere as they say in the article.

believe it or not Sebastian 100% means with utter conviction everything he is doing onstage and singing. That really is him being genuinely himself. It's not a joke, it's not ironic and he's not making fun of anything. But he still has a sense of humour of course...

I'm realer than all of you because I listen only to italo and I got a human-sized poster of fun fun on the inner side of my toiletdoor.
It's really ghetto you know.
And I only love Italo.
And some people need to get banned here
and..............

are you talking about me?  its okay if you got into italo last month, i dont care

257 (edited by C. 2009-06-02 22:43:09)

By the way, poor Ant.La, look what they've done to your thread that was originally on ectroclash...:rolleyes:

...but then, Heartbreak IS electroclash, so we're still on-topic. cool

258 (edited by casionova 2009-06-02 22:44:09)

C. wrote:

By the way, poor Ant.La, look what they've done to your thread that was originally on ectroclash...:rolleyes:

it was precisely you who started all this shit, anyone can see that from reading back through the thread! it's you who posted the heartbreak interview up in the first place! I can't believe you've got the nerve to say that...

edit: sorry, let's not forget dolcevita too with his asshole assertions!

casionova wrote:
C. wrote:

it was precisely you who started all this shit, anyone can see that from reading back through the thread! it's you who posted the heartbreak interview up in the first place! I can't believe you've got the nerve to say that...

You're right. Look at my post before, I edited it. We're still on-topic, so all is fine.

@C. - I couldn't even care less about electroclash, and I've got better things to be doing than this, I'm only here to stop lies being spread about my friends in public. I have to go and deal with the real world now, you can keep talking about electroclash all night if you're bothered, that's your choice. I'm going to make some music and mix some records and leave you to type away.

Sorry, off to bed now, sitting here in my pyjamas and with my face cleansed.

want to hed some light on sebastian:

so I was djing at a stupid vernissage or something about illustration, it was calleed illustrativ.de or something. Well, guess, I was playing italo. So I see this guy coming and look at what was playing, I still remember it was larry paul emmet evita, and I said: "hey, are you the singer from heartbreak? Wow!" (I've always been a groupie, it's in my genes, cannot help it) and he said "yes". "I really like your stuff guys, but I'm not gonna buy your record, I only buy old ones" I replied, and he "yeah, I understand, me too" then I showed him the records I had there and he all pround showed me my copy of east wall eyes of glass telling me he just found one that same day for 5 francs, 3 euri. Then he left.

I think he's a cool guy, I liked him there.

fags

cebteq wrote:

fags

yeah, somehow it sounds very gay... I must agree

Never heard Heartbreak and checked some music to know what this fuzz is all about.
I think the music is ok but compared to for example Alden Tyrell his production Heartbreak is less interesting. The kind of over the top act is not my cup of tea but ok.
This totally sucks btw... fucking up another classic but they're playing and having a little fun i guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17rJMFvIMQ otherwise big FAIL

casionova wrote:
--/~~~~ wrote:

no well what i meant is the british werent aware of something that was an imitation of, or to put it more mildly: "deeply inspired by" british synthpop in the first place...exactly what scarface mentioned. perhaps not so much surreal as ironic, then?

absolutely! the irony is from the few original artists I've actually spoken to that they are extremely British inspired... for instance Casco loved ABC and Thompson Twins, Fockewulf were deeply into Bowie, Human League and John Foxx (as well as Japan, Ultravox, etc), Ventura was into New Order, etc... casco also assured me that maximum 50% of any music that actually got played in clubs in Italy in the old days was Italian, the other 50% was British/American, and he reckoned it would have been much higher if imports hadn't cost so much at that point. Only goes to show it's always been a mixture...

and with Human League and John Foxx being heavily inspired by Kraftwerk and Sex Pistols we now found the true origins?

Europa has burned, and will burn again

EliasRafael wrote:
casionova wrote:
--/~~~~ wrote:

no well what i meant is the british werent aware of something that was an imitation of, or to put it more mildly: "deeply inspired by" british synthpop in the first place...exactly what scarface mentioned. perhaps not so much surreal as ironic, then?

absolutely! the irony is from the few original artists I've actually spoken to that they are extremely British inspired... for instance Casco loved ABC and Thompson Twins, Fockewulf were deeply into Bowie, Human League and John Foxx (as well as Japan, Ultravox, etc), Ventura was into New Order, etc... casco also assured me that maximum 50% of any music that actually got played in clubs in Italy in the old days was Italian, the other 50% was British/American, and he reckoned it would have been much higher if imports hadn't cost so much at that point. Only goes to show it's always been a mixture...

and with Human League and John Foxx being heavily inspired by Kraftwerk and Sex Pistols we now found the true origins?

Depends on how far you want to go back in time and space. smile

"Are you loving?"

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

This totally sucks btw... fucking up another classic but they're playing and having a little fun i guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17rJMFvIMQ otherwise big FAIL

yeah it's just terrible, although to be fair I don't think Heartbreak's bits are what suck about it (Seba's piano playing quite good in fact) but Little Boots is too dreadful for description. I sense pain on the boys' faces!!

little boops should stfu. why bother doing another version of a track that's so good. doesnt add anything.

casionova wrote:

yeah it's just terrible, although to be fair I don't think Heartbreak's bits are what suck about it (Seba's piano playing quite good in fact) but Little Boots is too dreadful for description. I sense pain on the boys' faces!!

I never understood why that video was uploaded,  guilt by association with Lilltle Boots.
Still so many artist  only dream of performing with the itensity and inate theatrics Sebastian does.

271 (edited by casionova 2009-06-03 02:43:28)

xebeche wrote:
casionova wrote:

I never understood why that video was uploaded,  guilt by association with Lilltle Boots.
Still so many artist  only dream of performing with the itensity and inate theatrics Sebastian does.

hmm I think we'll have to let them answer that, think it might have something to do with them having done some gigs with her last year. Quite telling though that Sebastian doesn't sing on it and he looks pretty pissed off at the beginning, Ali on the other hand looking merrily baked out of his brain!! word Ali!!

I was on the other side of the world when they did this so can't really comment other than yeah, Little Boots sucks! and is of course being too big for her little boots to attempt to cover such a truly classic track... why they assisted I have no idea.

C. wrote:

By the way, that Thieves like us track is a bit boring. But I don't think it's abysmally bad.

thanks that at least two robots here are not damning this track completely wink

of course not soo important but i was a bit surprised about the reactions here.

have it in my case since its release and the song works great on the dancefloor - especially whem you are playing it with some italo / hacienda stuff - the kids love that more than too0 much of that arty farty stuff ...

but maybe i am playing for other crowds than you ...

next question:

if thieves like us are worth to hate and heartbreak are worth to love - what about other indie stuff like MGMT / kids etc.... ????????????

i hate soccer

273 (edited by dolcevita 2009-06-03 08:49:06)

casionova wrote:
S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

oh my god - and:

why you are mentioning this "good" piano playing?

c'mon - this is quite standard i would say ...

nothing special ....

i hate soccer

this thread gone on soo fuckin long...aren't we into the 'Third' spring of electroclash already? tongue

Let's get Dumb

hope it's the "last" spring by now wink