Re: Second spring for Electroclash

Oh yeah, and lets not forget Pony EP (that i recently got for free from a very sweet R4R member for that matter). Now that is some fantastic speedsmelling frenchie-trance chit!

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Sander wrote:
EliasRafael wrote:

looks very robotesque to me, what's wrong with this arty farty?

If you see that picture then you know allmost for sure the music is bad. Artist who need this kind
of stupid looks are not taken seriously.

sander, an artwork says nothing about the music. I have stupid Devo cover-artworks in my head... just an example.

http://deaconlight.com/music/recordcovers/1980/devo_freedomx.jpg

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

dj hells new album is very electroklash!

BMX wrote:

Oh yeah, and lets not forget Pony EP (that i recently got for free from a very sweet R4R member for that matter). Now that is some fantastic speedsmelling frenchie-trance chit!

Before the Poney I was playing a lot of straight techno, after Poney I became interested in more melodic "electro" music.

80 (edited by Sander 2009-05-24 11:19:30)

captain duran wrote:

[
sander, an artwork says nothing about the music. I have stupid Devo cover-artworks in my head... just an example.

Your example is from 1980. That's so different.  Artist with a certain taste of music also like a certain taste of art I think. Or a way to present their music. Album art can off course have nothing to do with the music, but I do think too fancy/cheesy album cover design fits good with the same kind of music.

81 (edited by schmoltz 2009-05-24 12:31:10)

that shit and devo are two very different tastes of bad artwork imo too. different time, different contexts - cannot compare then and now. headlamps in 2009? pfff, he was clearly going to impress some "oddball" "hipsters" or what?

don't feel any second coming of electroclash here. it was in for a while, mutated into benassi and that kind of shit electrohouse and then gradually everyone was plaing minimal plink plonk shit. one place you get to hear miss kittin is totally tasteless anything goes retro-parties. I cannot listen to any of the fisherspoon tiga pony shit, just can't force myself to the effort of even trying it out so that I know who I'm dissing smile when there is so much great stuff I have no time to listen to. miss kittin first album was good though. also as a relative newcomer at the time when electroclash was at its height, I used to dismiss some of the hague stuff as "oh, that's like electroclash". smile

If the cover looks like a fasion magazine, you can be sure the music will last as long as the latest clothing trends (appox 4 months?)

83 (edited by lixa-6 2009-05-24 13:10:58)

Devo bad cover artwork design?, nothing like the music what!?!  dont dis Devo, theyre geniuses, alot better image than a thousand other bands, theyve had some fucking great outfits, atleast they have a sense of humour!
Theyre Energy Domes actually serve a function, i think they look great anyway.
from Gerry Casale -
It was designed according to ancient ziggaurat mound proportions used in votive worship. Like the mounds it collects energy and recirculates it. In this case the Dome collects energy that escapes from the crown of the human head and pushes it back into the Medula Oblongata for increased mental energy. It's very important that you buy a cheap plastic hardhat liner, adjust it to your head size and affix it with duct tape or Super Glue to the inside of the Dome. This allows the Dome to "float" just above the cranium and thus do its job. Unfortunately, sans hard hat liner, the recirculation of energy WILL NOT occur.

Another thing look at the Freedom Of Choice art, look at a better picture, there are 2 american flags behind them, its a diss towards america, democracy, lack of individual minded brains. The artwork does very much say alot about the music on the album.

"positive mutation!"

jupitershero wrote:

dj hells new album is very electroklash!

it's not; it's pretty good actually.

Haha, just saw the tracklist of the "2009 Miss Kittny Dj mix" , and i was very suprised by the starter track.
But i guess the rest is bullshit.

Oh and this video surprises me also a lot too.

Listen carefully to the last track:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/827919/bo … y_mansion/

depress the repress

Mr. Satellite wrote:

hah, nothing to do with e-cla$h, but well surprising for bob sinclair.

baz wrote:

If the cover looks like a fasion magazine, you can be sure the music will last as long as the latest clothing trends (appox 4 months?)

: )

oh, come on, everyone.
dressing in khakis and a t-shirt anti-fashion style is just as much a fashion statement as glitter and silly hats. total anonymity is a fashion statement as well. plenty of good bands and artists, both then and now, have carefully cultivated visual aesthetics (whether flamboyant or understated).
i'm sure we can come up with better reasons to hate on fischerspooner than their album covers, ok? tongue tongue tongue

my fashion statement is fuck you

that's always a fashionable one

im just kidding its university professor

schmoltz wrote:
Mr. Satellite wrote:

hah, nothing to do with e-cla$h, but well surprising for bob sinclair.

did he played the old version or the ventura vocals?

i hate soccer

93 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-05-25 10:01:13)

lixa-6 wrote:

Another thing look at the Freedom Of Choice art, look at a better picture, there are 2 american flags behind them, its a diss towards america, democracy, lack of individual minded brains. The artwork does very much say alot about the music on the album.

That is so 14 year old rebellious, even cyberpunk godfather Billy Idol is more deeper then that. Probably those people go to Berlin and think its all rad and democratic there and ofcourse soooooooo individual for the minded brain.

I hope people don't think that about the cover of Unreleased America, there is an American flag there just because its cool and great.

What a funky madness i've start here lol

The most people here think Electroclash is only a fashion-thing but nobody can explain the music (pure music)...

Robothek - radio for robettes and robots www.facebook.com/robothek

Squadra Smackos wrote:

I hope people don't think that about the cover of Unreleased America, there is an American flag there just because its cool and great.

I though so

Im not really sure what yur saying there smackos sorry. Im only trying to explain what they were saying with freedom of choice, but it could have a ton of meanings.
I know theyve been pretty anti america since they saw theyre friends heads get blown off by the national guard at kent state university during a vietnam protest, thats how devo came about, and since they used the philosophy of devolution how man is devolving back to brain eating apes.
Shall i google it then and find the real meaning for the cover and the title track, a better explanation, maybe soemone can explain better than me, i shouldnt of bothered in the first place.

"positive mutation!"

97 (edited by lixa-6 2009-05-25 17:47:06)

ok one meaning from gerry casale
We loved that song very much when we were creating it. It was about how people were throwing away their freedom of choice into meaningless choices like between Pepsi and Coke, or pink fur shoes or blue suede shoes. Just mindless consumerism, they'd rather not be free, they'd rather be told what to do, because that's what appeared to us was the case, especially in the Reagan years. That was a very Devo position - Freedom Of Choice is what you've got, Freedom From Choice is what you want.

"positive mutation!"

98 (edited by INTERFUNK 2009-05-25 18:36:58)

as far as someone might call it electroclash - it

Orgel!

INTERFUNK - which is to prove the point again - electroclash is not strictly a musical genre with certain musical characteristics only per se, more of a media generated trend.

Zoot Woman I like, sounds like modern new wave, electropop something to me. They are musical, nice songs, nice vocals, and I can live with that amount and type of fashion going on in the music video. smile

INTERFUNK wrote:

as far as someone might call it electroclash - it

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Second spring for Electroclash