Re: Second spring for Electroclash

schmoltz wrote:

INTERFUNK - which is to prove the point again - electroclash is not strictly a musical genre with certain musical characteristics only per se, more of a media generated trend.

Is that not the case with nearly every genre. We all know that music gets boring anyway if it just follows the boundaries set by recipients or their media masters and opinion leaders. That happened to Fisherspooner as well as Boards of Canada.

What I like aobut Electroclash is that - in contrast with male-dominated Detroit or IDM stuff - people who appreciate good music have to fight with the handbag crowd about what is right and what is wrong.

Italo is good fun to because it is so cheesy that it is always hard to say where to draw the line of good taste.

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Plat0r
"is that a patio-heater on his head?"
->

EliasRafael wrote:

looks very robotesque to me, what's wrong with this arty farty?

it's too contrived though. all their incarnations since the first album havent had the same impact as their initial aesthetics of Sigue Sigue Sputnik doing a Caberet Show while high on bad smack. They were more performance oriented during #1, the aesthetics were consistant and matched the music to a tee; dark, dramatic ultra violence, cyborg choirs, robot can-can hookers, excessive disposable luxury a la marie antoinette, and plain clothed proles vomiting thier insides out due to the excess of it all.
fantastic.

then they ran out of money, fired all the girls (dancers and 2 fantastic and underused vocalists) and put all their remaining stock into trying to captivate people with an image that didn't match their mediocre songs. has anyone compared odyssey to #1? you have to drag yourself to attempt to dance to those songs, let alone listen to them. so tedious. i dont understand how it got glowing reviews from some, other than they just wanted to hop on the bandwagon they missed out on when they slept on the debut lp.

anyways, the closest thing i have heard recently that sounds anything like the electroclash sound from 2001 is heartbreaks "lies" album. likely cause they're trying to channel italo sounds, much like the cream of the electroclash crop were channeling italo, synth pop, 80's electro & freestyle, and neue deutsche welle.

Heartbreak = Metalofied Electroclash

Plat0r wrote:

anyways, the closest thing i have heard recently that sounds anything like the electroclash sound from 2001 is heartbreaks "lies" album. likely cause they're trying to channel italo sounds, much like the cream of the electroclash crop were channeling italo, synth pop, 80's electro & freestyle, and neue deutsche welle.

you may dislike heartbreak, but...???

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Let's turn this thread into another Heartbreak discussion! smile

http://media.modernlovers.us/media/images/press/Nme.jpg

i would like an instrumental/dubbed version of the entire lies LP
vocals get on my nerves sometimes. too much like if jake shears & valerie dore had a tune deaf baby.

nah, i jest wink
but remixes by moby would be nice

108 (edited by schmoltz 2009-05-26 01:25:13)

thanks for article, echoes my thoughts that no matter if the music is good, in certain communities it is enough for it to get a modreate amount of mainstream attention to get snubbed and called sellout and oh they are raping our holy cows.

109 (edited by C. 2009-05-26 08:25:04)

Their music is pretty bad IMO. smile

Heartbreak are the kings of "Italo", just like Peaches is the queen of "Electro"! wink

"We're back" is great and that's about it...

Heartbreak is the perfect example of Electroclash '09. They might love italo, but they sure don't sound like it.

Hey, good news! got loads of electroclashcrap for sale on discogs, maybe somebody wants to buy it now and I won't be forced to burn it.

INTERFUNK wrote:

as far as someone might call it electroclash - it

i hate soccer

"Alis Guide to italo":

CASCO presents BHW

so this asshole is pretending he's the italo boss but obviously he is knowing only the repress i would say ....

i hate soccer

aww you haters, bite on this for a while http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2B8PfsvGk
admit it, heartbreak compared to this is tha real thing.

115 (edited by C. 2009-05-26 10:39:35)

Tiga = fake, Heartbreak = real (damn real, fo' su'! Taking Italo to the next level!!1).

*sigh*

Didn't mean to sound rude or so. My point: Tiga, as far as I know, doesn't pretend to be "real" in any way, it's just "party music", however bad it may be, it's just music to entertain people. Heartbreak, on the other hand, are always talking about being real, taking Italo to the next level, making modern metalofied Italo music for Italo disciples so on, and so forth.

Tiga isn't allowed to wear white suits, but Heartbreak are? That's just not fair. tongue

":p"...:lol:

By the way, lest we forget:

http://www.coffeeandcode.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/haters_gonna_hate.gif

schmoltz wrote:

aww you haters, bite on this for a while http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2B8PfsvGk
admit it, heartbreak compared to this is tha real thing.

pffffff.

what a bad song.

i hate soccer

baz wrote:

Hey, good news! got loads of electroclashcrap for sale on discogs, maybe somebody wants to buy it now and I won't be forced to burn it.

Yeah same here.

always beware of people claiming in public to take style X ''to the next level''. they hardly ever do. the real ones doing this are the ones who remain in the  shadows.

but i do like ali's solo records though..

C. wrote:

Tiga = fake, Heartbreak = real (damn real, fo' su'! Taking Italo to the next level!!1).

Tiga isn't allowed to wear white suits, but Heartbreak are? That's just not fair. tongue

ha!!!

122 (edited by lucio robo 2009-05-27 20:53:00)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plcogp1zxao[/youtube]
ilectroklash was made for the rich italians satanists

No somo Roberto Succo

123 (edited by casionova 2009-06-01 06:25:36)

dolcevita wrote:

"Alis Guide to italo":

CASCO presents BHW

so this asshole is pretending he's the italo boss but obviously he is knowing only the repress i would say ....

wtf?? you call ali an asshole. you ever met him in your life? he's not pretending to be the boss of anything. seems like you think you're judge, jury and executioner though just cos you read something in NME of all magazines. what's wrong with them asking him for a top 5 tracks?

he's mates with Casco who made the track in the first place and has been listening to it for over ten years now. he's got every right to say he likes it even if he did only own the re-press and had never met the guy who made it in his life, but I only mention that as it proves how utterly far off the mark you are. if you don't actually know anything, why not keep your mouth shut? or does it make you feel like you're somebody to talk shit about other people on here?

and by the way it's BWH not BHW.

124 (edited by casionova 2009-06-01 06:19:31)

C. wrote:

Heartbreak are the kings of "Italo"

where do they claim this?

C. wrote:

*sigh*

Didn't mean to sound rude or so. My point: Tiga, as far as I know, doesn't pretend to be "real" in any way, it's just "party music", however bad it may be, it's just music to entertain people. Heartbreak, on the other hand, are always talking about being real, taking Italo to the next level, making modern metalofied Italo music for Italo disciples so on, and so forth.

looks more like you're always talking about it to me! I've never heard them say anything about any of that, and I think anyone who has ever met either of them for 5 minutes would agree that that sounds highly unlikely (I can't see anything about any of that in the article either - what are you basing these claims on?)

and by the way metallo (if you care to call it that, no-one's holding a gun to your head) is old... it's not new.

easy examples: Ultimate Warlord, Flood, Black Breast, El Valle De Los Dioses, Nights Of Arabia, Phantom Of The Opera, Gitano, My Dream, Shankle, Not Tonight, Hot Leather, Black Jack.

we just say that word (semi-jokingly) sometimes cos it intrigues us that there's a big crossover in melody, structure, atmosphere, solos, lyrics, etc between the metal and italo from the 1978 - 1986 era and that's what we're into. that's all, no need to get all upset about it. if you don't like it, just don't use the word or buy the music. it really is as simple as that!!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Second spring for Electroclash

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB