Re: Second spring for Electroclash

ahahahahah

casio, you are one lone warrior of the strongest species... wink viet-cong style for sure

it's an interview with Heartbreak from the UK magazine NME. The fact that the don't think Italo Disco is purely cheesy shit only for european people is a rare view to take in the UK and the fact that they openly claim to be influenced by it in a sincere rather than ironic way sets them apart from everybody else who sells records at that level. that's why the article focuses on Italo, as it is very much a new thing to the people reading the article, but is also an interview with Heartbreak who make their own type of music, not pure italo but italo-influenced and proud to say so.

most complicated robot wrote:

ahahahahah

casio, you are one lone warrior of the strongest species... wink viet-cong style for sure

hehe thanks!!

I think they're like 10 years too late to re-discover italo, but maybe that's how things are in uk...

it just never occurred to anyone who considers it underground to bring it up at NME

156 (edited by casionova 2009-06-01 19:30:39)

@ bias - seriously that's how things are in the UK! don't underestimate how absolutely little anyone knew of italo's existence at all until very recently indeed! edit: for the majority of people over here it's an entirely new discovery....

@cebteq - NME ask them questions, they answer. that's how an interview works.

the uk is one of the most self-protective markets in the whole world when it comes to music. every few years any fart that 3 16-year olds make in some basement in london is claimed to be the new generation of rock, while anything coming from the continent is totally and utterly ignored. i was an nme reader since the late 70's, and i sure can't remember any articles on things like italo in those days, even music like EBM or industrial was just laughed at while they endlessly promoted now long forgotten english bands.

its actually a surprise anyone in the Uk knows italo at all.. big_smile

cmon guys, we all listen (or listened) to italo for different reasons.  some because it was underground, others because it's just now being talked about in NME, and still some because it's straight-up faggot shit.  cant we all just get along?

@ Rude66 - you're totally right.

but dude it's not even just italo or foreign music in general, half of the UK music that's any good is similarly ignored over here too while the crap that sucks (Spice Girls, Oasis, whatever) is elevated to the level of high art. The old metal scene is a good example - we once produced Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin and now the kids listen to Slipknot. Or in terms of synth stuff don't imagine Ceramic Hello, Sudeten Creche or Oppenheimer Analysis were ever big in this country - unfortunately not...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS-W0xOfVk8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n6ze7_0-4w[/youtube]

this is them explaining it in their own words...

what's all the fuzz about? just a couple of guys making music that they like can't be wrong can it? they seem quite ok

bias wrote:

I think they're like 10 years too late to re-discover italo, but maybe that's how things are in uk...

so tell us great bias what's the next big thing?

baz wrote:

what's all the fuzz about?

thats what she said

rude66 wrote:

london and italo, i've lived in hackney 10 years and this is where all the italo parties happen.
but if it wasn't for cbs, i would have no idea what italo is, even though i live in the epicentre of it all, well according to the london media

no bad boy yardies with the dope rims drive by place playing italo, no kids get on the bus playing italo on the mobile phone (its blood step round here innit)
you don't hear italo in my neighbours bbq's (lots of chicken scratch perry though)

don't believe the hype blah blah blah

as for ali and assholes, i've only met him the once and he let this drunken irish stranger fall all over his pad on mushrooms, hospitality my own parents have never provided

keep hackney crap

166 (edited by lixa-6 2009-06-01 23:00:05)

casionova heres been doing  a good job in maybe introducing some brits to italo, he had a club night in brighton um 8 odd years ago that i used to go to. Keep up teh good work casio, from what i gather brighton sucks right now, edit brighton has sucked for along time, you need to do another night!
I think alot of brits have listened to italo but just dont know what it is exactly, the term.
Ive been a big pet shop boys fan since i was a kid but i never knew they were so italo influenced and just how italo they sounded.

"positive mutation!"

167 (edited by dolcevita 2009-06-02 08:43:37)

i have to admit i never checked the stuff from this band before this topic. i was not interested. but when i see the youtube stuff:
sorry, this is soo boring.
g

i hate soccer

casionova wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

"Alis Guide to italo":

CASCO presents BHW

so this asshole is pretending he's the italo boss but obviously he is knowing only the repress i would say ....

wtf?? you call ali an asshole. you ever met him in your life? he's not pretending to be the boss of anything. seems like you think you're judge, jury and executioner though just cos you read something in NME of all magazines. what's wrong with them asking him for a top 5 tracks?

he's mates with Casco who made the track in the first place and has been listening to it for over ten years now. he's got every right to say he likes it even if he did only own the re-press and had never met the guy who made it in his life, but I only mention that as it proves how utterly far off the mark you are. if you don't actually know anything, why not keep your mouth shut? or does it make you feel like you're somebody to talk shit about other people on here?

and by the way it's BWH not BHW.

dont take this shit too serious.
but maybe you are a close buddy to heartbreak?
then i understand?
and to complain about BHW or BWH or HBW or Heartbreak or Haertbraek in a forum  is a bit childish imo ...

i hate soccer

bias wrote:

"what is important to this music (italo?) is spirt of underground..." yes, spirit of undeground is really important in a music that was done for the money, to be played in radios, discotheques etc.

good point, italo was indeed 99% commercial music for the mainstream.
Valerie Dore = Kate Perry

I have all the Ali records on Dissident label, and that stuff is great ( at least for me ).

depress the repress

byron wrote:
rude66 wrote:

london and italo, i've lived in hackney 10 years and this is where all the italo parties happen.
but if it wasn't for cbs, i would have no idea what italo is, even though i live in the epicentre of it all, well according to the london media

no bad boy yardies with the dope rims drive by place playing italo, no kids get on the bus playing italo on the mobile phone (its blood step round here innit)
you don't hear italo in my neighbours bbq's (lots of chicken scratch perry though)

don't believe the hype blah blah blah

as for ali and assholes, i've only met him the once and he let this drunken irish stranger fall all over his pad on mushrooms, hospitality my own parents have never provided

Any time byron... lets do it again with more buckfast!!
once upon a time heartbreak did an interview for the NME.....

more than revenge...

172 (edited by dolcevita 2009-06-02 09:24:06)

and at the end:

this is a forum from hardcore italo lovers

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:

dont take this shit too serious.
but maybe you are a close buddy to heartbreak?
then i understand?
and to complain about BHW or BWH or HBW or Heartbreak or Haertbraek in a forum  is a bit childish imo ...

then don't call people an asshole in public when you've never met them, have never heard their music for more than 5 minutes and clearly have no idea what you're talking about!

and with BWH I'm just pointing out how ignorant your remarks were, especially as you yourself make a typo and won't allow for the fact that a journalist might have misrepresented Heartbreak in any way. Obviously you can make mistakes and if someone points that out it's just being petty, whereas if they do nothing but answer questions and make music they're open to any criticism you can dream up!!! but you're right your stupidity is probably obvious to all and sundry and I don't need to point that out to anyone, they can just read the article and see you're talking shit for themselves.

I think instead it's a bit childish to be calling people an asshole and utterly misquoting their points of view just to feel important and then when you get called out on it you change tack to hiding behind the "hey don't take this shit too serious man" excuse. That's just pathetic. You know your comment was serious. Why else would you call Ali an asshole in public with no reason?

dolcevita wrote:

and at the end:

this is a forum from hardcore italo lovers

i find italo records in UK 2nd hand shops so there was some, probably more in the north than in the south. i also have older friends who travelled over to europe to go to the discos, so people knew about it, and they bought stuff back with them. these guys wernt die hard italo enthusiasts, but i think just liked to dance, most of their collection are peppered with all kinds of 'foreign music' as you say
i think its a bit unfair to say the uk has a really self-protective market, we have always had more diverse charts tyhan most countries, and also accept new styles, rather than ridiculing them like someone suggests.

i think we also made more music than just metal, and you chose the three most commercially succesfull metal groups too.
italo or just foreign music thats ignored, what? Our shops have always had tons and tons of foreign music, maybe we just didnt have italo in the main shops, (it was imported) because like everyone here knows, it was totally commercial for the radio and discotheque. valerie dore = kate perry,

as for the NME interview, i am surprised they agreed to go for it. The only possible reason I can think of, is attention, to get noticed, and sell records. NME for fucks sake. of course they will get ripped if they were in NME because its for morons who need to be told how to dress properly.

Pages Previous 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Second spring for Electroclash