176 (edited by dolcevita 2009-06-02 09:29:31)

Re: Second spring for Electroclash

oh mann oh mann - jetzt wirds mir hier aber echt zu doof big_smile

this is kind of: "a fan is defending his idol"

or what?

maybe we should start in tradition of BERKAN G

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArQCkbP07Ao[/youtube]

This band got what it deserves. A really, really, really lousy video.

its about the music.

this song is already a classic and ofcourse the best track ever released on kitsune.

i hate soccer

@ black shape: ok for non-commercial metal how about the entire NWOBHM movement from 1979-82 (apart from Iron Maiden)? and I deliberately chose the 3 biggest selling metal bands to show how music that is globally often considered English is ignored over here as much as foreign music. and tell me where you would have found 2nd hand italo records over here more than 3 or 4 years ago? they're hardly commonplace now.

and if you haven't seen the ridicule of italo in this country then I've no idea where you've been living! please tell me where - it sounds good.

not doubting italo was commercially motivated in the first place either, and that is another reason in fact why not to slag Heartbreak off for selling a few records. maybe you should re-read my comments more closely to see what I did actually say, which is more about what motivates it now.

they don't claim to have been ripped off by NME, not sure where you've got that from...

180 (edited by Starborough 2009-06-02 09:37:45)

If Ali and moustachemann would have looked a bit more like Savvy & Mandy, it could have been more interesting..

Who needs metalo anyway when you can have M.O.R.talo!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPlkh_SyTc[/youtube]

dolcevita wrote:

its about the music.

this song is already a classic and ofcourse the best track ever released on kitsune.

it's indie shit, give up if you think this has got anything to do with italo.

Starborough wrote:

If Ali and moustachemann would have looked a bit more like Savvy & Mandy, it could have been more interesting..

Who needs metalo anyway when you can have M.O.R.talo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPlkh_SyTc

m.o.r.talo... that sounds much better!!!

would Key Of Dreams 'Africa' count? big_smile

dolcevita wrote:

oh mann oh mann - jetzt wirds mir hier aber echt zu doof big_smile

this is kind of: "a fan is defending his idol"

or what?

maybe we should start in tradition of BERKAN G

yeah ive seen the ridicule of italo here, but same for any disco, and house, techno, name one genre that isnt ridiculed by someone.
yes i was finding italo more than 4 years ago, becaus elike i said, people dont just stay in england, they also travel and bring things back. the shop is called time machine t is grantham.

i never said they were ripped off by NME i just said NME is the biggest bag of shit ever, and im surprised they thought it would be a good idea. the journalists there are morons. im not slagging them off for selling records, but going in NME is always a bad idea, always. because its by cunts for cunts

and ok about the metal thing, but those bands realy are not ignored, black sabbath and led zep are huge HUGE.

dolcevita wrote:

and at the end: this is a forum from hardcore italo lovers

NO
NO
NO

euroflash is a forum for hardcore italo lovers, possibly some polish russian mp3 server are hardcore italo website. This is a forum for people who love passionately different kinds of music, with a grain of salt. And I love the people I met here not just for fancying italo. Honestly, those kind of hardcore italo lovers you possibly have in mind are those italo Toms I always kind of run away from.

big collective hug now

most complicated robot wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

and at the end: this is a forum from hardcore italo lovers

NO
NO
NO

euroflash is a forum for hardcore italo lovers, possibly some polish russian mp3 server are hardcore italo website. This is a forum for people who love passionately different kinds of music, with a grain of salt. And I love the people I met here not just for fancying italo. Honestly, those kind of hardcore italo lovers you possibly have in mind are those italo Toms I always kind of run away from.

big collective hug now

word

Vlam Aan

casionova wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

its about the music.

better cool indie shit than bad italo shit from assholes like heartbreak big_smile

i hate soccer

@bblack shape: grantham, who'd have thought it?!? my only point is it was seriously difficult to find and if you picked up a copy of Doctor's Cat you felt like it was a major find... no chance of finding the kind of records you could find all over the continent in charity shops easily at the same time.

and for what it's worth I agree, NME is truly one of the worst magazines ever created, but they didn't create the industry machine as it works for any band, and if you're signed to a bigger record label you don't have much choice about doing these kind of interviews. for the record you won't see me in NME! (not htat they'd be interested anyway I'm sure...)

true about the old metal bands still selling, but where's the new ones? they're usually imported and are crap... we don't sem to care very much over here about the music that we've made that the rest of the world loves us for, we definitely seem to hold a lot of rubbish up in its place... but don't get me wrong, I think it's all part of the unique "pressure cooker" that the UK is musically and it's precisely because it's an uphill struggle over here that we produce a lot of good music despite everything. I moan but underneath I do love it, it brings out the passion and hardcore commitment in those who refuse to be defeated.

i dont like this 'if your not italo, then fuck off' attitude, it really doesn't do you any favours.

???

of course we love also other musical genres.

but when it comes to italo we are hardcores

i mean:

80% of the music topics are concerning italo

most of the items in the trade / sell / wanted section are italo records ...

am i wrong?

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:
casionova wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

its about the music.

better cool indie shit than bad italo shit from assholes like heartbreak big_smile

it's not cool indie shit. it's shit indie shit. Heartbreak sound way better to me and anyone with ears and a brain. and if you've not even got the guts to apologise for calling Ali an asshole then don't expect me to dignify you with a response in future.

casionova wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
casionova wrote:

it's not cool indie shit. it's shit indie shit. Heartbreak sound way better to me and anyone with ears and a brain. and if you've not even got the guts to apologise for calling Ali an asshole then don't expect me to dignify you with a response in future.

so now i have to defend THIEVES LIKE US (although i dont know thwm big_smile)

a great catchy song with a cool arrangement and funny lyrics.
it rocks.

not the 100000000 casco rip off with stupid vocoder use ...

i expect nothing from you because you are too serious ...

i hate soccer

I really like Heartbreak. Their record is one of my most played from the newer releases I bought. I saw a good live show too.
Don`t care about all this shittalk, I m not a italo freak. I think this is a forum with a good mix of styles in music. And sometimes it is funny to read statements from "haters" -  a lot of ppl are bored I think.

@ dolcevita - its a shame they used one of my fav movies in the video you posted. Already forgot the name of the project wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

I have to say that there is a parrallel with soem of the acts that were commercially big in 2001 etc It is that knowing adoption of ceratin gimmicks and styling in the marketing of the music and persona of the band. The Hacker and people like that who referenced Uk acts like Gary Numan and a lot of the commercial synth pop from the UK.

With Heartbreak there is that knowing tongue in cheek idea and referncing of other older acts when marketing and presenting their music. I would prefer the music speaks for itself without the need for gimmicks and speaking to the nme and other commercial agents.

Is there a Heartbreak Instrumentals or dub remixes coming up ?

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

dolcevita wrote:
casionova wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

so now i have to defend THIEVES LIKE US (although i dont know thwm big_smile)

a great catchy song with a cool arrangement and funny lyrics.
it rocks.

not the 100000000 casco rip off with stupid vocoder use ...

i expect nothing from you because you are too serious ...

I'm full of jokes when you don't call my friends assholes for no reason big_smile

stop talking crap and apologise.

Leo Slayer wrote:

Is there a Heartbreak Instrumentals or dub remixes coming up ?

no idea... guessing that's more the label's decision than theirs though. why not petition Lex to do it? wink

197 (edited by Vic20 2009-06-02 12:13:38)

'uk italo scene' = mates, good mates getting together to listen/deejay some records they own in various salubrious venues across the uk quoffing ales and merrily toasting life. Proud to be part of that 'scene'.

Electroclash is just another genre title for lazy journos and shite record shops.

Vic20 wrote:

'uk italo scene' = mates, good mates getting together to listen/deejay some records they own in various salubrious venues across the uk quoffing ales and merrily toasting life. Proud to be part of that 'scene'.

damn straight man. everything that you do should be done with an air of merryment, jollyness and altogether fun.
seriousness be damned.

big_smile

meschi wrote:
Vic20 wrote:

damn straight man. everything that you do should be done with an air of merryment, jollyness and altogether fun.
seriousness be damned.

big_smile

and buckfast!! wink

Leo Slayer wrote:

I would prefer the music speaks for itself without the need for gimmicks and speaking to the nme and other commercial agents.

of course the music is/should be the main thing, but still i don't see why artists should not use gimmicks like these in their acts. ok, i don't see for example legowelt doing anything else in his performances then what he's doing now, but for an act like heartbreak, i think it suits 'em nice to do what are doing. first of all we're talking about two different worlds here, no matter the connections they have.

anyway, back to electroclash, it's no surprise that there will be hardly any nice words written about it here just because of what i wrote above.

Pages Previous 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Second spring for Electroclash