Re: Second spring for Electroclash

meschi wrote:
Vic20 wrote:

'uk italo scene' = mates, good mates getting together to listen/deejay some records they own in various salubrious venues across the uk quoffing ales and merrily toasting life. Proud to be part of that 'scene'.

damn straight man. everything that you do should be done with an air of merryment, jollyness and altogether fun.
seriousness be damned.

big_smile

Double plus good sentiments from Meschi & Vic20! This topic is far too serious and far too boring!

Definitely a superb network of parties and people emerging in the UK over the last few years, made some real good mates! Heartbreak, casio et al included.

A completely pointless argument and all the cheeseheads slagging people off should melt their heads and press them onto vinyl!

It ain't nice to read negative comments on here - really not cool.

Honestly cheeseheads grow up!

never heard the word cheeseheads, nice.

but I really love the word I learnt today:

Mortalo, is super cool! do you know guys that Morte in italian is death, so is the dead, dark and spooky sound of italo, YEAH, MORTALO! better than darkalo.

casionova wrote:
meschi wrote:
Vic20 wrote:

'uk italo scene' = mates, good mates getting together to listen/deejay some records they own in various salubrious venues across the uk quoffing ales and merrily toasting life. Proud to be part of that 'scene'.

damn straight man. everything that you do should be done with an air of merryment, jollyness and altogether fun.
seriousness be damned.

big_smile

and buckfast!! wink

that goes without saying... obviously.

Brian Chinetti wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArQCkbP07Ao[/youtube]

This band got what it deserves. A really, really, really lousy video.

jeez, this song suck biggest time ever, what is it? a teenager copy of a copy of a BAD copy of phoenix, that was already a bad copy of everything else?

mah...

is nobody here into italo svevo?

keep hackney crap

i'm into brutalo

most complicated robot wrote:
Brian Chinetti wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

jeez, this song suck biggest time ever, what is it? a teenager copy of a copy of a BAD copy of phoenix, that was already a bad copy of everything else?

mah...

it should be forbidden to use new order song titles as band names for trash like this..

208 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-06-02 15:27:14)

Brian Chinetti wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

Its also just scenes from Christiane F Wir kinder von Bahnhof Zoo...that song totally does not fit with that movie
atmosphere

it should also be forbidden to use a movie like that for this

209 (edited by dolcevita 2009-06-02 15:50:06)

c'mon, this is a  sweet song.

i cannot believe that nobody likes it (in contrast to me and many of my friends.

maybe you hate it cause i love it wink ????

and - at hte end - you brought it to the point:

for me its what was the charme of many italo stuff in the old times:

"a teenager copy of a copy of a  copy, that was already a bad copy of everything else?"

naiv, cheesy, thrashy, cheap - but with some melancholic parts - and its not too serious ...

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:

i love this song.

and you brought it to the point:

for me its what was italo in the old times:

"a teenager copy of a copy of a  copy, that was already a bad copy of everything else?"

naiv, cheesy, thrashy, cheap - but with some melancholic parts - and its not too serious ...

EH NO!

bah, but I'm tired now, no more

nope, this is just a bad song. every genre has good and bad songs. you can wake me up for all those qualifications you mention if its a good song. this isn't.. this is computer generated drivel..

byron wrote:

is nobody here into italo svevo?

I am, I even failed at quit smoking.... just like in the book

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:

you're not so important dolce wink

seufz.

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:

c'mon, this is a  sweet song.

i cannot believe that nobody likes it (in contrast to me and many of my friends.

I hadn't even heard the song just the video with the sound down hehe. Its acceptable sounds like new order or something (yeah ducks for rude but I don't hear the difference I am a Pet Shop boy guy) . But its not as good as heartbreak, if you like the music or not people gotta admit that the argentinian dude can sing really good like that guy from I.M.S...i like that youtube docu about them too thats a more truthfull depicture of them then the NME article.

I am curious what path they will go on in the future after they have sqeeuzed the octaved basslines and getting into unknown terrotories (also lyrics wise)...still waiting for the Argentinian fighter pilot in the falcklands war song big_smile

And all that stuff about england not being musical advanced or something I don't think thats true at least back in the days when parralell to italo you had Human League and Manchester etc.

I look forward to meeting all the Robots at Magic Waves where I will be happy to avoid all the Keyboard Hardman nonsense and call you all a shower of shit to your faces.  ; )

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

yikes...

Leo Slayer wrote:

I look forward to meeting all the Robots at Magic Waves where I will be happy to avoid all the Keyboard Hardman nonsense and call you all a shower of shit to your faces.  ; )

bah, you already do!! wink

@squadra smackos - agree human league, ABC, ultravox, etc was our version... and of course this country is musically advanced, it's just that the bands who are any good these days have a seriously harder time than those guys did in those days. In the 1980s this place was still amazing musically... but it's definitely not the same these days. (Unless you love your grime or dubstep of course, then it's a paradise!)

220 (edited by C. 2009-06-02 19:14:21)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyrIELrVWac[/youtube]

Waiting for breakdance moves...

Squadra Smackos wrote:

And all that stuff about england not being musical advanced or something I don't think thats true at least back in the days when parralell to italo you had Human League and Manchester etc.

he he, to me Italo is the opposite of avanced music...

and the UK produced most of the best bands ever existed on this planet so I dont see the problem here...

TB or not TB

ow yeah didn't want to say that but you know what i mean

and the UK produced most of the best bands ever existed on this planet so I dont see the problem here...

Thats exactly the point

Not looking forward to musical diferences with my friends on this yrs uk visit.
Theyre mostly down the dubstep route and minimals. Alot of my friends do club nights and stuff in brighton, funny they stopped letting me in on the guest list because i was open about not liking the music and saying it was booring! my girlfriend still dosent have to pay tho, fuck em!

"positive mutation!"

lixa-6 wrote:

Not looking forward to musical diferences with my friends on this yrs uk visit.
Theyre mostly down the dubstep route and minimals. Alot of my friends do club nights and stuff in brighton, funny they stopped letting me in on the guest list because i was open about not liking the music and saying it was booring! my girlfriend still dosent have to pay tho, fuck em!

sounds like Brighton completely!! wink

yep im not cool enough for them and theyre club, i will just stick to the volks. Shame missing yur london thing, travelling back to sweden that day i think, shiiit!

"positive mutation!"