Re: I'm soooo Happy "Novamen - LIES is finally released on Vinyl"

ordered copy at vinyl underground smile

77 (edited by auton love 2008-08-16 23:33:33)

Mule Driver wrote:

ordered copy at vinyl underground smile

same here, buy nearly all my records off ady. great shop.

i just find out about it, seems like a great shop.

Stefano wrote:

ordered my copy yesterday @ warpmart.com

they have some copies left! http://warpmart.com/item/Novamen/Lies/3989

happy hunting wink

since I cancelled my orders at some distros I was really pissed because I missed this record (totally forgot about my pre-orders for Novamen at the time). Stefano, the link saved my life! Because I had to order several copies (for Dr.Killicrankie & SL too - they would have kill me) - pooh. Lucky now wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

is the proper release a different take, more vocals or something, or just my imagination?
i like the record, quite nice. but i dont think is pauli or overdoses finest work. i don't get the hype.
maybe i will after they all have gone forever

a hype? noo

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

82 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-08-18 22:11:23)

I dunno what it is exactly, the beat first is already "doomey"...its slow, that snare really does it, the really low-fi crappy vocoder and then the phasing string that comes in later is really beautifull....but its especially the melodies and the counter melodies or whatever you call those...its got a lot of "Derrick-alone in a german disco bar circa 1987" feel into it.
I think its definitely a landmark release in the The Hague electro-nix history, and lets hope it will give inspiration to a lot of rip offs, clones and edits...

bias wrote:

omg record that saves lifes!

At least a record can save a life ... never heard of an mp3 that saved a life tongue

"Heaven's in the backseat of my Cadillac"

bias wrote:

did you think long about it?

does it matter ?

"Heaven's in the backseat of my Cadillac"

I really like the track, but I like the Dream Disco even more. pure tear jerking cheesiness and melody

yeah hype is the wrong word, sorry.
Alone in a Berlin bar feeling, I know what you mean. maybe its a little too gloomy for me or something. Or doesn't feel as deep as it should to me, I dunno?
There's still copies in shops so maybe i get one and see how i live with it (i do like it a lot, but it's still not my favourite Novamen)

I guess its too teutonic for some of the Brittish chaps...definitely not Berlin bar I think more in a small village or highway truck stop kind of one...maybe a schnitzel bar!!!

From Dreamdisco I only like the Take me Home song, that one is very good as good as the Lies Track but I really don't like the other dreamdisco song...that one is really too cheesey Veronica 1984 exploitation and kind of going nowhere...I don't even know the name anymore...they should have released that dreamdisco only with take me home on an one sided 12"...;P

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Derrick-alone in a german disco bar circa 1987" feel ...

Best vibe explanation so far ! Love it smile
I can totally see Derrick standing there, looking at the dead body with his eyes hanging down more and more
every second.  magnified by his glasses..

still available at my favorite local record store: http://www.fenders.de/?search/

Squadra Smackos wrote:

...they should have released that dreamdisco only with take me home on an one sided 12"...;P

you just have to turn off the needle after Track 1 Side A  wink

discogs sales 

91 (edited by Mule Driver 2008-08-20 14:17:09)

it arrived this morning! the fastest delivery i ever had.
great release, thanks
keep them coming overdose and pauli.

btw: i haven't seen pauli around RFR... hope he doing good

92 (edited by Herr Flick 2008-08-20 14:21:30)

time for some glasses i believe.. 3 posts up

Heil CBS

LOL
oops...
i'm doing good haha...

94 (edited by black shape 2008-08-20 20:29:59)

@smackos.

I guess its too teutonic for some of the Brittish chaps

hehe i dont think its too teutonic for british gents, doesn't the English language fall under the same category. Anyway I  still dont know what it is. maybe the lyrics? I think I liked it more in the winter too
the dream disco stuff is ok, but I do really look forward to  In for the Kill EP. Still end of summer time?

Looking back I think of "I Hope" (b-side of In Your Eyes) as a great tune, also.

"Are you loving?"

96 (edited by captain duran 2008-08-20 22:57:35)

`I hope` is one of my fav tracks by Mr. Overdose for sure.   it is not really a b-side - more a double a side (one sided pressing) wink

If I think about it, there are some of these one-sided pressed records by overdose & co. ___ hasbeens, dream disco, novamen big_smile 
we want more lies !!

(sounds better, no?)

discogs sales 

captain duran wrote:

it is not really a b-side - more a double a side (one sided pressing) wink

Yes, ofcourse almost forgot. wink

"Are you loving?"

Lies

The track itself is OK, but I don't get the hype. Is it because it's been released only now?

captain duran wrote:
Stefano wrote:

ordered my copy yesterday @ warpmart.com

they have some copies left! http://warpmart.com/item/Novamen/Lies/3989

happy hunting wink

since I cancelled my orders at some distros I was really pissed because I missed this record (totally forgot about my pre-orders for Novamen at the time). Stefano, the link saved my life! Because I had to order several copies (for Dr.Killicrankie & SL too - they would have kill me) - pooh. Lucky now wink

glad to help you wink