Re: District 9

three years.

This movie was amazing!

folki'n prawns
been workin on the accent all day yesterday, i can really say properly now smile

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

good to see bias has an opinion on this also

@ e,r...sounds like you got it sussed smile

well i must agree with bias on his analysis on the story, its totally far fetched...on the other hand i kinda enjoyed watching it big_smile

There arent that many movies around that are consistent in their plot and not far fetched...thats why i love docus also alot hehe

i watched 53 minutes of the movie, terrible, didn't like at all

Die Invasion der Kybernauten hat Europa erreicht.

bias is exactly right.

This was one of the most pointless movies I've ever seen. I hated the protagonist and the plot was extremely flawed.  Had I actually seen it in a theater, I would have walked out.

I can't believe this movie is ranked so high on imdb.

bias is never right imho

Vic20 wrote:

bias is never right imho

big_smile

soviet wrote:

bias is exactly right.

This was one of the most pointless movies I've ever seen. I hated the protagonist and the plot was extremely flawed.  Had I actually seen it in a theater, I would have walked out.

I can't believe this movie is ranked so high on imdb.

agreed.

i hate this movie, total waste of time

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

36 (edited by ramos 2009-09-15 11:49:13)

bias wrote:

wtf was that?
aliens visiting earth for no reason just to be put in concentration camps for 20 years. they have superior technology, that no human can understand, yet they act like brainless wild creatures demolishing everything and trading their technology for a cat food instead of just telling people they need to repair their ship and they'll be gone.
waste of time...

You make valid points, but there's reasons why they act that way.

The director tells all...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/distr...lomkamp,31606

hated it too big_smile

can anyone explain reasonably why they hated it outside of the quite silly "this sci-fi movie was far fetched" argument?

for the record I thought it was entertaining on the whole, but was essentially brain candy, slightly more intelligent than a Bruckheimer movie, but not nearly as clever as anything Verhoeven has done (Verhoeven being the king of sci-fi allegory)

Maiovvi wrote:

can anyone explain reasonably why they hated it outside of the quite silly "this sci-fi movie was far fetched" argument?

for the record I thought it was entertaining on the whole, but was essentially brain candy, slightly more intelligent than a Bruckheimer movie, but not nearly as clever as anything Verhoeven has done (Verhoeven being the king of sci-fi allegory)

I agree.  It's Fiction people, tell us why you didn't like it so we can discuss.

ramos wrote:
Maiovvi wrote:

I agree.  It's Fiction people, tell us why you didn't like it so we can discuss.

Thats the same thing what my friends and me were thinking all the time... Thanx Maiovvi and Ramos!

Loved it, story sucked, but the FX were Great.

The world is Fluffy!

Yes!!!! I'm on new medication!

lol @ criticizing an alien movie for being "far fetched"

43 (edited by Septicstudio 2009-09-17 16:09:14)

Dez wrote:

lol @ criticizing an alien movie for being "far fetched"

for some aliens are dead serious biz ! big_smile

i havent seen it yet...will wait for a nice dvd rip torrent...i guess its worth that at least big_smile

MANASYt wrote:

i havent seen it yet...will wait for a nice dvd rip torrent...i guess its worth that at least big_smile

the DVD rip is out there, that's how I saw it.

Maiovvi and MANASYt
emailing me with a link would be lovely.

ah cool, now i see one..
just go to btjunkie.org
first one (searching "district 9 dvd")

smile

meschi wrote:

Maiovvi and MANASYt
emailing me with a link would be lovely.

email sent. don't say I don't do anything for ya... wink

well, just because its fiction doesn't mean it's good. its on a par with independence day minus a major hollywood celeb.

but, plus people getting the fuck exploded out of them.