Re: Post here your Favourite Mix or the Mix that changes your Life

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
SUY wrote:

An old Mark Broom techno cassette changed My techno style halfway the nineties.
No more mr. nice guy, just throw that fucker in. No really clean mixes just letting two robert hoods play together
for three minutes or so. That kinda stuff. just plain freaking

Lost that feeling 5 years ago btw

Had loads of tapes like that that influenced me, that mix cd from Mark Broom on Piranha, I played that one to death. And how could I forget tapes from Steve Cop, one of the best Belgian techno dj's we ever had. I didn't lost that feeling, I hate all the circus around techno nowadays but I still love the old tunes.

Ah the old cassette's.. roll

I had so many but most of them ended up in the hands of the wrong people.
And yes Steve Cop was/is the man, a few years ago He played at Our DR party in Antwerp
He stil would be one of the best but He chose to grow up and be a family man, and thats a wise decision

And the old Stephaan tapes that Tek! was talking about.
Used to be great sundayevening shows on SIS Ghent

David Vunk wrote:
kuczera wrote:
David Vunk wrote:

and IF  in 1995  in cafe de hemel  rotterdam

that time with le car and ectomorph?
or with the brother fuck and friends?

remember well both nights, even electronome spinned some that night

don't know

was je d'r ook ???   de zoon (RIP marcel) van de dealer van daar  was mijn beste vriend  en woonde er boven toe d'r tijd

vandaar dat ik vaak in de hemel was

yep was er ook.. was nog voor internet en alle fucked up forums

Vlam Aan

Obi1r wrote:

kuczera & Vunk; I think it was '95 at the hemel, did IF's stopped his set suddenly because he was annoyed (as he should btw) by the owner of the SL turntables?
Halfway the nineties I did almost weekly steamy dub reggae nights and helped setting up the murdercapital parties there...while the first one was with Adult, no?

dunno, don't recall but i-f was always annoyed by something ( especially non digging crowd )
man that place was the shit, to bad it got torn down

Vlam Aan

SUY wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
SUY wrote:

An old Mark Broom techno cassette changed My techno style halfway the nineties.
No more mr. nice guy, just throw that fucker in. No really clean mixes just letting two robert hoods play together
for three minutes or so. That kinda stuff. just plain freaking

Lost that feeling 5 years ago btw

Had loads of tapes like that that influenced me, that mix cd from Mark Broom on Piranha, I played that one to death. And how could I forget tapes from Steve Cop, one of the best Belgian techno dj's we ever had. I didn't lost that feeling, I hate all the circus around techno nowadays but I still love the old tunes.

And yes Steve Cop was/is the man, a few years ago He played at Our DR party in Antwerp
He stil would be one of the best but He chose to grow up and be a family man, and thats a wise decision

koenie, sven van hees and stijfkop.. the belgium golden trio smile

does koenie still has that recordstore in antwerp?
and i've heard usa import is gone, to bad.. they were selling records by the pound

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:
SUY wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

and i've heard usa import is gone, to bad.. they were selling records by the pound

yes, he still has a shop + an online shop AND he's one of the most anoying sellers on discogs too, wgwstore smile

"A Real Music Hater"

Obi1r wrote:

kuczera & Vunk; I think it was '95 at the hemel, did IF's stopped his set suddenly because he was annoyed (as he should btw) by the owner of the SL turntables?
Halfway the nineties I did almost weekly steamy dub reggae nights and helped setting up the murdercapital parties there...while the first one was with Adult, no?

yep i remember that too  adult was there playing

also  dj just  and dj tomas    if i remember well

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
kuczera wrote:
SUY wrote:

yes, he still has a shop + an online shop AND he's one of the most anoying sellers on discogs too, wgwstore smile

The times in USA import when Bobo worked there were fun.
But Nikolai was a cool dude too. too bad its gone

I was a bit pissed of last visit at WGW. But every time when I call to ask if they can put a record aside
then they say they do, and when I get in Antwerp 2 days later or so the record is gone
''it wil come in again on friday'' doesnt work for Me when i drove 70 km at 160 km/h to get there in time.

in the beginning usa import was located in rotterdam     pannekoekstraat  !

SUY wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
kuczera wrote:

The times in USA import when Bobo worked there were fun.
But Nikolai was a cool dude too. too bad its gone

I was a bit pissed of last visit at WGW. But every time when I call to ask if they can put a record aside
then they say they do, and when I get in Antwerp 2 days later or so the record is gone
''it wil come in again on friday'' doesnt work for Me when i drove 70 km at 160 km/h to get there in time.

yeah that koenie is a strange guy.. records he has in store sucks too
but if you dig long enough you will find something decent

Vlam Aan

i was inspired by the evosonic-radio-shows ''glissando'' & ''stakker'' on evosonic radio, comparable with ifm 3,
i recorded them on tape and i still listen to it

prolly some mix from Mr. kool-aid or something

http://www.barryweaver.com/wp-content/g … RESIZE.jpg

Yeah for Wallysgrooveworld its best to dig deep in their site cause that contains info about the records in the basement. Found some special ones in there.

First USA import was in Rdam!? Didnt know..
dikkevettepannekoek  smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omDxVRkuyL8

Vlam Aan

Dutch radio in the 80's ( i have a vague recollection of this but these tracks just keep popping up the last 10 years)
For those who like to groove (steve cop at a live party. I played the first track like a zillion times)
Dimitri in the 90's
Derrick May in mostly the 90's
Carl Craig at Rushhour queensday around 2000
IF on a pirateradio around R'dam in 2000 with a High Fashion track that made my Christmas day.
Theo Parrish & Moodyman first time in NL in Paradiso. Also their first time at Bloemendaal. Never saw a crowd go so absolutely nuts on Rinder and Lewis - Anger
Theo Parrish mixes all around
San Proper at the 24 hours tent at lowlands 2001
Belgium's AB tapes and the last 3 hours of radio Liasons Dangereux
Phoreski's first mixes
Mark 7 first mixes
Rahaan Disco not disco
Loud E & Tako & Loda & IF @ Gay Palace
All Ron Hardy & Larry Levan's mixes at DHP

ppl may think i act like a pig, but in the end i look cute !

SUY wrote:

Yeah for Wallysgrooveworld its best to dig deep in their site cause that contains info about the records in the basement. Found some special ones in there.

First USA import was in Rdam!? Didnt know..
dikkevettepannekoek  smile

sure everything starts in rotterdam wink

MrWho wrote:

DMP - Eightythree in Rimini

...still addicted.

changed my direction when i first heard it, for sure.

92 (edited by Leo Slayer 2009-08-26 12:12:48)

Chaos Fm a pirate radio station fromPaisly that broadcast acid techno in the nineties. They used to do funny shout outs over mixs and laugh at the police.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Leo Slayer wrote:

Chaos Fm a pirate radio station fromPaisly that broadcast acid techno in the nineties. They used to do funny shout outs over mixs and laugh at the police.

haha don't suppose you've got any tapes?

i grew up in johnstone, just a few miles away from paisley...

jacderida wrote:
Leo Slayer wrote:

haha don't suppose you've got any tapes?

i grew up in johnstone, just a few miles away from paisley...

Sadly not,  I used to pick it up in the northern suburbs around midnight It lasted for months. Probably through 92-93

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

The very first mix that I ever heard was 1992 DJ Sy at Obsession here in the UK, breakbeat hardcore and this got me into underground dance, so a very important mix. I still listen to it on my ipod now!

Then in 1993 I heard Dave Angel @ Summertime Mayhem, Obsession, and this introduced me to Detroit techno

Then I learned about Italo in around 1996 via a Juan Atkins live mix tape (included Fun Fun, Capricorn etc), so this was my venture into exploring italo

Since i have been rocking to italo, 3 sets are truly important to me on a very personal and deep level:-

1) Flemming Dalum - Flowing through my veins of steel - a new level of obscure italo was reached
2) Intergalactic Gary - Tough Romance - Deep and intelligent italo, i can't stop listening to it. Wonderful
3) Flemming Dalum - The Last Days of Italo - THE most listened to mix on my ipod and itunes!!! Proved to me that italo lived on beyond 1985!

With your kind complicity

.........also 808 state show on a tuesday night Sunset 102 (manchester community radio station run by Mike Shaft), late 80s early 90s.

Would tape the show weekly, shout outs etc. I recall they used to write up the weekly playlist/tracklist, handwritten on a poster in  eastern bloc.

ACE and a proper influential thing that set the foundations for me.

Then I learned about Italo in around 1996 via a Juan Atkins live mix tape (included Fun Fun, Capricorn etc), so this was my venture into exploring italo

any chance of an upload ?

kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet

http://www.djfood.org/djfood/wp-content/gallery/food-mix-albums/Coldcut%20JDJ%20CD%20orig%20150.jpg

keep hackney crap

99 (edited by philippO 2009-09-14 12:39:54)

byron wrote:

kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet

!!  also the coldcrushcuts was good in my opinion

Rob Dirton - Not Real Life