Re: Traxx - Faith album

you mean gigolo spy literally, right?

The 320k files are just one google search away.

Monkey see, monkey do.

sue

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Ja ik download me suf gewoon om Armin te fucken.
en ik stop pas als ik nr 1 ben smile

BMX wrote:

sue

TrUth iZ KoURt

The russian download page in question has had 62 views already!

Monkey see, monkey do.

introspective is the jam i love that track, who is that guy talking?

Yeah it's an amazing track, has this real "opening theme" feel to it.
A shame it's not on the vinyl.
Isn't it JTC talking?

Netrom wrote:

A shame it's not on the vinyl.

was already wondering where the track went on my copy.. smile

Squadra Smackos wrote:

introspective is the jam i love that track, who is that guy talking?

I heard its Josh Werner from Antenna, also working for Gramaphone Rec. Chicago, but not 100% sure about it.

last week I checked the news in a recordshop, I was surprised to see the album as double vinyl. just a note for the vinyl junkies. smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

112 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-12-01 20:33:33)

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/he … id=1241429

Sorry to say but I agree on many points about this album

Yeah but what did you expect? I agree too with all that but they are positive things for me "The vocals on "Down 2 House" and "A Heart Alone" aren't just tuneless but so coarsely recorded they might as well have been cut with an old Dictaphone." hehe...awesome...and "These often feel more like sketches than thoughtfully executed blueprints." thats what house music needs...raw sketches!

and to compare his stuff with albums from Omar S and Theo Parrish...(which of many tracks are awesome too because they also sound like they are recorded on a dictaphone and very sketchfull...well maybe not so Theo Parrish they are just super deep soulfull compositions coming from a completely other angle) Traxx is in a totally different league with his music ...this album pretty much shows his uh music "beliefs" in a right manner I think. I still think its a very charismatic album.

Kenzaburo wrote:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/he … id=1241429

Sorry to say but I agree on many points about this album

wow, maybe that writer should go to a club once to feel the music

Smackos wrote:

thats what house music needs...raw sketches!

Smackos, they should put this on your grave smile

cuties don't exert

He probably listened to this album on his Ipod....

117 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-12-02 10:33:57)

yeah but them being raw sketches or badly produced don't really add any charm to the tracks like say with Theo Pharris. Whose tracks are badly produced but in a raw, good way smile There's a difference for me. That's the feeling I had, the Traxx album just felt poorly produced in a bad way. This is all IMHO. There were some good ideas and I liked a track or two (I think the one made with JTC). RRRRRaaawk. Anway, bad / oldskool production methods don't make house more real or legitimate in my opinion. And you still have to have good ideas. It's just a different texture.

Anyway, just my opinion, I'm not a house police lol

yeah hehe...i guess I just like when stuff sounds retarded

119 (edited by black shape 2009-12-02 13:42:35)

its all well and good to say that using old equipment and techniques wont make your work more legitimate or authentic, but neither will new techniques. the authenticity will be implicit in the tracks themselves wether theyre new or old, made on ableton or on a juno and a 707.
also the guy says traxx could have had soaring synth instead of bumbling synths, but doesnt everyone want soaring synths? when everyone is using soaring synths, i want to hear a bumbling one.
complaining about lyrics too? what the hell are you expecting to find on house record anyway?
i just get the feel the reviewer is saying, "if he did it this way, more people would listen" that is what's retarded IMHO

Like this album.

But I do hate the whole purposely produced lo-fi sounding (new) records, as if the tunes came off the back of an old Ron Hardy cassette mix.

Theo Parrish is bad for that.

hehe that's why it sounds so bad
recording technique.. love the album but please next time better sound

Vlam Aan

Yeah,  I know thats why they do it.
It adds character to yer worn, 25 year old record which was produced with tools of the time that resulted in that sound quality.   

Not on new tracks.

123 (edited by ramos 2009-12-02 14:40:26)

why not?  for me it's part of the feel of chicago house

it goes hand in hand for me.  the rawness is what attracts me to it

mind you I just ordered this album and haven't heard it properly, I'm commenting about the general comments about making new tracks with old recording techniques...

I think it's safe to say that most people here disagree with that

99% of new releases use "modern" or whatever production qualities
so if one guy feels like being nostalgic that's all right
traxx at least has developed his own sound, love it or hate it. and it's clear his choices weren't to placate people judging from sales and comments smile
for me it's exactly the unpolished quality of the record that's charming, A Heart Alone sounds so much more honest and personal just because of the lowfi vocals not inspite of them

regarding noisy house productions, Ron Hardy's Love and Happiness ranks #1. it's so fucking good you can barely make out anything wink

ach some people like it, fair do's.
But its contrived at the end of the day.

Im off to buy a new pair of jeans, to cut them up so they look nicely aged & 'worn'.
smile