Re: NITEFREQ 08.08.08 Party - 808State - I-F - Arthur Baker - DMX Krew

I'm there guys. James has my mobile no. if u need it...

Will pop in :-)

I missed the bus to London this morning sad  so not gonna make it, truly gutted...have a great time robots!

"Fuel critical"...He didn't wanna say 'critical'..."Rog"

To those who can make it down... you know together we're going to make this night truly amazing.

and if for whatever reason you can't come, have a great 08.08.08... and play some Egyptian Lover smile

Looks like I'm the first one up then...
What a fuckin' good night that was. Everyone rocked it - unforgettable!

106 (edited by meschi 2008-08-09 16:28:42)

shit hot night man. thats me rested. time for some disco action cool

107 (edited by jonny five 2008-08-09 18:01:18)

yeah, it was ACE. wasn't feeling 808 state so much and the sound got a bit funny at times but the rest of the night was v nice. danced like a drunken loon through ferenc's set. was cool to see lots of robotz there too cool

damn straight ace.

that place smelt crazy
and why didn't hula hoop girl do any hula hooping?
also the guys in the other room who were on toward the beginning of the night were interesting too, kind of early autechre/heinrich mueller/dubstep.
i never would have guessed arthur baker was actually bill bailey too.
http://www.fawcettsociety.org.uk/Images/bill_bailey_l.jpg

black shape wrote:

and why didn't hula hoop girl do any hula hooping?

lol. I was thinking the same. very good night indeed, left a bit early, guess I'm getting old:-)

yeah i had a great time too. enjoyed arthur baker, he played mostly all his own stuff but what an amazing body of work! thought dmx krew were also great, loved the 808 cranked up real loud. thought 808 state was a bit wack, too much rave music for me, i know that there seems to be a lot of nostalgia for it but i was around in them days and i hated it then. as usual loved ferenc's set, i know we are a little biased but hey we know we are always gonna get killer music!!!
real cool to meet up with the usual robot gang and also some i havn't met before. i think for many years to come, if there is something good on the same robots will always be there. see ya on the dancefloor soon!
auton love

It was a pleasure to meet you too man, just like the rest!
Just wished you were with us @ the Loud-E gig yesterday as well - you would have loved it...

OI OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! was cool to meet you woody. party hard and take it easy wink

I haven't had that much fun in ages...thanks y'all.
Meschi, you are excellent company. Keep it up pal!

robot action!
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v216/195/26/670136137/n670136137_1607362_9921.jpg

blurry ass photo of xdjx
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v216/195/26/670136137/n670136137_1607352_6102.jpg

Yowp! still have a hangover.. big_smile
Nice to see everyone, good turn out!
Pretty fun night all in all, I did think that 808 state were a bit lame, but it was only DJ set and no Chris Massey.. Pity.
Clatterbox and EDMX were top notch!

Herr DJX had a lot of problems with the CD decks not working but made a good thing out of a bad situation..

Catch you all on  the flipside big_smile

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

http://homepage.mac.com/sepulveda/Sites/nitefreq/nitefreq_TR808_ms.jpg

118 (edited by frebentos 2008-08-11 14:07:55)

brilliant party, enjoyed it all. Arthur Baker, I-F,  superb.

weren't really digging 808 state, but Ikonika! An amazing set, a good selection of fresh dubs and better known dubstep tunes, Girls a brilliant DJ an all.

Yes the 808 State Djs let the side down a bit, we did tell them to play more 88 acid, influences and classics.
We thought Arthur Baker, DMX Krew and I-F made the effort for 08.08.08 and put some real heart into it. Ikonika is one to watch for sure.

Good memories in all.. and a good turn out!
Robots will be the first to know about the next one.

Er, slightly late to the party but had a really great time. Meschi, Johnny 5, Frebentos, Woody Aki and of course XDJX great to meet you. I was pretty wasted (it was my birthday) so sorry if I wasn't making much sense.

I actually ended up at Harlem the day after which is owned by Arthur Baker who was there eating on his own. Ended up hanging out with him for an hour and a half chatting about music etc. Despite his reputation he was really cool.

He said he really enjoyed playing an old school set at nitefreq and was going to try to do it more. Also he doesn't really use any of his old gear, just logic mainly, thinks its too much of a hassle plus he's always travelling. He doesn't even have an 808, but he wants to get one to put on his wall.