Re: Message From Future

Let's just wait and see before critisising a concept that does not even exist.

I will gladly pay a monthly subscription in order to be able to listen to the stream with shows like Astrounicorn, Rude66's, Gabbo's, etc. A station that plays my own favorites along with great new underground shit and obscurities I will never hear anywhere else. The other "services" aren't even necessary. Shit, a mandatory 5 or 10 euro monthly fee to tune in to the CBS is fine with me.
However, how many former robots will march out of here in anger out of principle? That would be a shame too.

I am reminded of the original Detroit Electronic Music Fest. It was free, quality was good, and it made a substantial loss. Of course they had to charge people the next time. Yet many people boycotted it claiming this went against the spirit of the whole thing. The comparison ends there though.

Whenever the new project is in place, sign me up.

As I said my only problem is that I don't have a credit card, and if there are things that I can only listen now until the end of the month I would love to know that! smile

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

well, the world doesnt run on water, you hippies...

i'm still glad just to hear something is coming up, whenever, whatever, i'm there. the cause is worth a few euros per month...

Please let's not lead ourselves into a schism of some sort. We seem to be both right or wrong here.

Personally speaking, I never donated to the CBS because of serious personal financial issues, and I regret every day of not doing so. At the first opportunity, I will donate immediately - I owe it to DJX anyway for various reasons which most of you will have in common...

Larry Levan wrote:

As I said my only problem is that I don't have a credit card, and if there are things that I can only listen now until the end of the month I would love to know that! smile

this is my carecup etc etc

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

zippo: you are right.
you make me realize I forgot something.
we should make donators stakeholders. Not just mindless money machines (forgive me for the term LOL) but give them a voice in the process of launching The New Thing

Seems alot of ppl are worrying about their "investment" and how many freebees they will have for "the price" ..
Sounds like a pity to me .. sad The collateral damages of the "everything free thru the www"...
In our field of passion I think it should be natural to support some efforts/initiatives without thinkin of how much it will give back to us ... imho...
Anyway ...

aratkiLo wrote:

The collateral damages of the "everything free thru the www"...

http://www.earthhouse.com/images/inst_karma/ClashGive.jpg

xdjx : mindless money machine (i forgive you for the term.)
i wasn't talking about money... obviously you do... was just critisizing  the way you  exposed  the plan for your new thing..
the new thing ? i'm lovin' it

XDJX wrote:

zippo:

We can open a special section at the old CBS forum for those where we present our plans and blah blah because we got something to show you.

Please do so

i'll have the double future with extra cheese and future cola please

Monkey see, monkey do.

yeah because it's really important.
the bottomline is no money no New Thing

Do you want to supersize?

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

we can do that for $1

does this include free re-fills and toilet use?

☂ bezoek okiland !

117 (edited by Woody Aki 2008-07-23 16:14:21)

All this fast food banter has just reminded me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apMroe1ykI&NR=1

...senseless in the context, but a bit of a laugh can do wonders within this thread at the mo!

Woody Aki wrote:

All this fast food banter has just reminded me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apMroe1ykI&NR=1

...senseless in the context, but a bit of a laugh can do wonders within this thread at the mo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCBSqYOZ … re=related

WTF? lol

XDJX wrote:

best one is that they think buying a Viewlexx record gives them the right to tune in to a 24/7 radio station with non-stop freebees on top of it.
I wonder if it's something in the drinking water that twisted these minds.
next thing is they demand you start feeding them because they paid entrance to a party you played.
LOL.

Only my mom have "feed" me.
I've known lot of people in my life that helped me to discover new music and you're one, but hey, just one of a great amount of people...
I'm thankful to everyone of them, but none have asked me to pay money to share knowdlege but you, so for me you can take your "new thing" and eat it with potatoes.

I love America!

I will be eating it here:

http://www.cbs.nu/forum/viewforum.php?id=64

122 (edited by r2dj 2008-07-23 17:11:32)

arnie's love wrote:

I'm thankful to everyone of them, but none have asked me to pay money to share knowdlege but you, so for me you can take your "new thing" and eat it with potatoes.

What an odd way of thinking about it.

What do you think XDJX is some sort of rich playboy, who can just go and buy all the hardware, servers, streamers etc to make the CBS work? And then make people pay so he can add to his piles of cash?

The CBS cost money to run and required donations (voluntary donations) to exist.

I have never thought of it as a business, but more of a club. You join the club, you pays your subscription and together you have enough money to do things that you couldn't do otherwise.

This thread makes me think about experiences at Glastonbury, when I would sometimes get looked down upon by fucking crusties because I'd paid for a ticket. They thought I wasn't keeping it real. I knew it was only because people like me bought a ticket that the thing could happen in the first place.

If you don't want to pay fir TNT then don't pay, nobody is forcing you. But don't act like it is unfair not to get the same benefits as people that do pay.

btw XDJX apologies if you ARE a rich playboy.

123 (edited by nixxon 2008-07-23 17:16:15)

edit: wrong forum smile

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

slugworth wrote:

'The New Thing

burp

some attitudes here are weird, cbs rocked hard. i like to support further work from the people behind it if they need it. same as all walks of life, its good to support things you think deserve support. maybe some robots dont think it was worth supporting, so what do they want?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Message From Future