Re: Message From Future

Arcade Lobo wrote:
slugworth wrote:

'The New Thing

Don't break my heart..........my c - b - s - haaaaart

so much fuss for 5 euros? jesus, either you pay or you don't, you get it or you wont. it's that simple.

I thought the issue was not money but lack of listeners or fear of fading away or something? 

anyways, XDJX best wishes for making the future you want

-tp

Stop whining please about something you'll people dont know what it is yet!?
Paying a few bucks a month for nice radio/mixes/or whatever service hotmix will bring aint shit.

Why not send money now just to make sure the 'New Thing' will be there at all!
donate now!

well, maybe the new thing will be a lot bigger and more than the cbs, and so also cost a lot more to run.. however the last time i visited the komplexx, i also noticed the card of a lamborghini dealer laying on xdjx's desk... big_smile

I know he likes speeeed. He just leaves those cards out to impress the ladies when they come over to Complexxicate.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

133 (edited by C. 2008-07-23 19:37:45)

Nice to see that there's something new coming up, but honestly - the present discussion is not new and I'm wondering how long the new thing will last before it's shut down and this whole discussion continues...

As regards a new concept or so, I still say you'd better shut down RobotDj.net. It's convenient and stuff, but come on - it's just about consuming as much as possible, it's not about music anymore. Pretty ironic, isn't it? People (including myself) leech as much as possible, without even listening to it in the end.

Edit: For example, I own all Rundfunkmuziek volumes, but haven't listened to half of them. And I'm not sure if I ever will, there's so much other stuff to download (download, not listen). This whole "100% available and made for consuming" is part of the problem IMO.

134 (edited by mushaden 2008-07-23 19:45:56)

First off, I think it's funny how much has been generated here when we know almost nothing about what we're talking about.

I think all this is amounting to is that it's going to (keep) cost(ing) money, maybe more money, for the new thing.  DJX is obliged to sell his vision to the established donators* first and foremost.  So deal with the fact that the first information released about The New Thing is going to be geared toward money and those providing it.  As someone who, although I have donated little bits here and there, was never a "subscriber," this doesn't concern me as it seems DJX has stated that everyone will get to listen to music in some form or the other, whether you are donator or not.

In a nutshell:  stop bitching about free downloads plz kthx

*edit

word, not paying & complaining = fail

136 (edited by Communicator 2008-07-23 19:45:46)

C. it just sounds like you should be more selective so you don't waste your own time.

Robotdj.net is not about putting up as much shit for you to download. I currently see it as the database of material for the stream and those who have folders can contribute to that stream. I listen to it to see if something I like pops up, if I do, I MAY download the mix. My hard drives aren't infinite so I have to make sure what's on them is stuff I want to listen to.

That is all I know, for now.

C. wrote:

As regards a new concept or so, I still say you'd better shut down RobotDj.net. It's convenient and stuff, but come on - it's just about consuming as much as possible, it's not about music anymore. Pretty ironic, isn't it? People (including myself) leech as much as possible, without even listening to it in the end.

Not about music? Try less hording and more listening

Listen to what? There's too much stuff and it gets more and more.

Don't download everything then wink

I have fetched a lot of stuff over at robotdj.net, and listen to most of it. It's what gets me through work at the moment actually.

robots.for.robots

Robot Monster wrote:

Don't download everything then wink

I have fetched a lot of stuff over at robotdj.net, and listen to most of it. It's what gets me through work at the moment actually.

Great! Were you listening to the CBS as well?

besides, you don't have to save it.. there is an erase button on your computer. just listen to it once and then.. poof!

and you dont have to dowload it ..either
big_smile

C. wrote:

Great! Were you listening to the CBS as well?

As much as I could. Robotdj.net enables me to take CBS with me outside the vicinity of a computer though.

robots.for.robots

144 (edited by C. 2008-07-23 21:16:11)

No need for discussion, robotdj.net sucks and devalues the CBS.

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/nad/video/sony/19643954.jpg

The CBS is no more. The Hotmix Foundation lives on, and so does RobotDJ.net. End of story for now.

146 (edited by Vic20 2008-07-23 21:42:49)

RobotDJ.net is very much necessary. Virtually every person/robot/etc who has a 'stash' has something to say when it comes to music with such diverse musical styles and all done with a passion for what he or she does and I guess (I don' t know the download figures) there are a lot more folk in this world other than community that populated the CBS who were downloading and listening to the mixes.

C. wrote:

No need for discussion, robotdj.net sucks and devalues the CBS.

to say the least that's a very vaguely proved arguement and a huuuuuuge generalization (as if everyones treated robotdj and cbs in the exact same way you did). and please just don't say it's the final word in this discussion. there's a lot of people here who have very different opinion on the subject.

just curb your consumption you greedy robots.

although to me, both arguments make sense.
yes, robotdj and cbs are substitutes, not complimentary. you can't listen to both at the same time.
and yes, you do need something for the mp3 player for outdoors and afk.

Sometimes less is more, that's all I wanted to say. Sorry if I sounded rude, peace !11

XDJX wrote:

best one is that they think buying a Viewlexx record gives them the right to tune in to a 24/7 radio station with non-stop freebees on top of it.
I wonder if it's something in the drinking water that twisted these minds.
next thing is they demand you start feeding them because they paid entrance to a party you played.
LOL.

i can understand but wouldn't bring it that sarcastic to be honest.
doin such an absolutlely killer perfectionistic thing MUST lead to a sometimes frustration,
it always feels not honoured enough, but will the money solve that?
i guess not.

and please, nobody expects any right on a 24/7 station. it's was your decision of 24/7, web is full of those,
and people are just jumpin' on it luckily and listen -
sorry, can't see what's really twisted in there?
i have not any problem of donating - but be sure, forcing people to donate
(and yes - that post above sounds a bit like that) won't go in the right direction.

some months ago you said 'i hate to ask for money' but that it's necessary.
everybody understood that.

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

why chase the dragon when you can ride the stream

Pages Previous 1 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Message From Future

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB