Re: What movies/tv shows are you robots watching?!

the longest yard on croatian tv

http://www.authenticsportscollectibles.com/store/images/5104.jpg

252 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 09:21:31)

The thing is that theres a very small boundary between the film and commercial "world" here that isnt apparent if you dont live here and watch danish tv etc. The same handful (literally) of actors that you see in 75% of movies also appear in countless commercials, and the "style" is now shared more or less. Maybe cause its such a small country. But even s

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

254 (edited by Vomatron 2008-08-24 23:03:56)

Watched The Deep (1977). Nice film, Nick Nolte is a bit of a prick as always but you gotta love Robert Shaw with his pirate accent. The film has its boring spots, and could have been some 20 minutes shorter and to the point, but the story is good once it gets going and there are some really great underwater scenes and nice soundtrack too.

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Cannibal Holocaust - they said is the most scary film ever done... well... no... boring, but the soundtrack is brilliant

Cube - still good after all this years, although it doesn't work on second watch

Yes i saw cannibal holocaust when i was 14 and it didnt affect me at all. I remember it as boring, and i know it wasnt the cut version i saw. But soundtrack is great yeah

chairman chen wrote:

i am going apeshit over HBO Generation Kill, i have to watch each episode 5 times, i love all that be advised all hitman victors oscar mike talk

thanks for the heads up on this.. didn't know HBO had a new show

Mule Driver wrote:

Cannibal Holocaust - they said is the most scary film ever done... well... no... boring, but the soundtrack is brilliant

Cube - still good after all this years, although it doesn't work on second watch

I once freaked out on Cube with some mushrooms in me. Luckily the tree in the garden calmed me down.

meschi wrote:
Vic20 wrote:
iamelectron wrote:

Just back from The Dark Knight - it was good.

I was full of cyniscism (suprise suprise wink) when I watched the film last weekend and I have to say that by the end of movie I was thoroughly impressed and for once found a movie that certainly lived up to the hype. I really wanna go and see it again which I' ve not done with a film @ the flix for a long long time.

nice! im off to see it tomorrow night. looking forward to it

Just watched it tonight and its really good. Matches quite close with Batman's real comic book atmosphere. Really well done. One of the best comic-superhero movies (if not the best I've seen). And best villain in ages.

burp

260 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 09:21:42)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/52/Dead_ringers_poster.jpg/403px-Dead_ringers_poster.jpg

Dead ringers is one of the better cronenbergs i think. But he never did make a truly great film, the best fall just barely into the category "very good"

263 (edited by fantomas 2008-08-26 17:09:13)

His early productions are cool too, like the Stereo  theories of parapsychology...
http://finalcult.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/stereo1.jpg

a streetcar named desire

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/streetcarstella.jpg

... hey, stella! eunice, i want my girl down here, ...

Vomatron wrote:

Dead ringers is one of the better cronenbergs i think. But he never did make a truly great film, the best fall just barely into the category "very good"

if Videodrome does not count as a great film, i don't know what does

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

I'm with Vomatron on this one, for me he always balls up the story somewhere turning it into garbage. I liked Existenz, but I was quite young when I saw it. Crash is kind of good, although disturbing. Videodrome sucked, as did Spider, A history of Violence, and Dead Ringers. I think those are the ones I've seen.

267 (edited by heifetz 2008-08-28 10:56:20)

eXistenZ is great, imo. it's got a strange dream-like atmosphere throughout the film. you have to watch it again technicolor.

e,r wrote:
Vomatron wrote:

if Videodrome does not count as a great film, i don't know what does

Sure !!!

269 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 09:21:53)

Watched Hellboy II, and hated it. Dumb story, some ugly elves, slapstick scenes and a pathetic love/pregnancy story. And that's just the beginning. Way worse than Hellboy I.
More into the HBO series Generation Kill. I'm not really a warbuff myself but the show is pretty fascinating.
And the Dark Knight is an excellent movie.

Yes, started with Ep 1 of Generation Kill yesterday, and it was pretty cool.

umm - I'm not sure if this should go in the Guilty Pleasures thread but I am addicted to Frasier. It's on cable every night and me and the wife can't get enough. Even though we're on our third iteration now it is still funny

Sentance: not guilty!

Cheers Judge Maximal!!

Videodrome is one of the worst cronenberg movies for me also. Basically like i said, dead ringers is a good amount above it, but not great. Existenz is ok, but somehow it just seems like a joke on some future VR scenario. A bit like the dungeons and dragons film was a joke on the whole d and d franchise. The best cronenberg movie, and the only which i can watch many times during a year is the brood.

Frasier is still good fun yeah. And you could guess years ahead whow was gonna play the beast big_smile