126 (edited by baleariksoul 2008-08-03 21:57:22)

Re: What movies/tv shows are you robots watching?!

Battlestar Galactica - Season One

Is all sound music?

stan snackson wrote:

i am legend.

this is just the Omega man remade.

Erm, not quite - 'I Am Legend' is a book by Richard Matheson written in the 50's which was made into a movie called 'The Last Man On Earth'. It was then made into 'The Omega Man', then went full circle and was made into the 2007 movie of the same name.

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

The Dark Night was indeed really good.

just started working my way through 'world at war'

old thames television documentary series about the 2nd world war. in massive detail! 26, hour long episodes.just finished the second. boy I love that shit.

W@W is quite simply 'epic'. I first saw it in the late 70's on BBC2 and was blown away. It's on permanent repeat on the History Channel and there's nowt better than catching an episode when there's nothing good on the box (which is a lot of the time).

yeah, Ive never seen any of it, but I was aware of it playing on the history channel. but its nice to go from start to finish, in my own time wink

got a few more docs after this lot, vietnam, WWI, one on the congo and another called 'deliver us from evil' which looks quite brutal: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814075/

iamelectron wrote:
stan snackson wrote:

i am legend.

this is just the Omega man remade.

Erm, not quite - 'I Am Legend' is a book by Richard Matheson written in the 50's which was made into a movie called 'The Last Man On Earth'. It was then made into 'The Omega Man', then went full circle and was made into the 2007 movie of the same name.

Aha!  good.

thanks.

I am legend wasnt too bad actually.  i thought it was pretty good.  i might watch it again before i return it. i had a hard time sympathizing with Heston in the Omega Man . and the bad guys were so corny.

Uh

baleariksoul wrote:

Battlestar Galactica - Season One

i have heard that this really rules.  is that true?

Uh

saw DIE BLECHTROMMEL again on TV tonight.

http://www.mannheim-filmfestival.com/de/Festival_des_deutschen_Films/FddF_Archiv/Festival_des_deutschen_Films_2005/FddF_Sonderreihen/Blechtrommel/Blechtrommel_1.jpg

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

captain duran wrote:

http://www.mannheim-filmfestival.com/de … mmel_1.jpg

now you know what you need for bait, in order to catch freshwater eels smile

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

captain duran wrote:

http://www.mannheim-filmfestival.com/de … mmel_1.jpg

Saw this for the 1st time not so long ago and loved it.

I watched this one last night, typical scenery chewing by Malcolm McDowell:
http://www.flickscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/mem-blue-thunder.jpg
we need more helicopter movies!

e,r wrote:

now you know what you need for bait, in order to catch freshwater eels smile

I knew already, but to be honest - I was disgusted as I saw the scene in my early youth.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

138 (edited by baleariksoul 2008-08-04 22:30:31)

stan snackson wrote:

i have heard that this really rules.  is that true?

I never really got beyond the first season tbh (and the 3 hour long pre-season film). I really like the early ones - nothing better than a sexy blonde cylon to keep me entranced.

Episode 5 is a treat - where Starbuck gets in a cylon raider and brings it back to Galactica.

Olmos is a genius really too.

I'm just gonna work through the boxset, see where I'm at and consider buying season 2 etc...

Is all sound music?

139 (edited by beauw 2008-08-05 18:40:04)

Cruising

watching "la piovra" at the moment, just finished season 1. shit might be the best thing i've seen on tv. fatal, epic, great music.

captain duran wrote:

A movie you can watch over and over again.

--

After reading the book, The Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs, it was time to watch David Cronenberg's interpretation.

Definately a cult classic which is funny, scary and shocking at the same time. Very recommendable.

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

yes, should buy the DVD maybe, then again it will be on TV every year several times.

discogs sales 

saw film noir on tv-links yesterday, very good jazz soundtrack, animation a bit stale but still a nice movie.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Just got the first season of Farscape, very nice SF-serie; too bad the DVD-boxe is so ridiculously over-priced.

I saw "This is Spinal Tap" recently... haha!
All those clich

146 (edited by Vomatron 2008-08-07 12:53:48)

Saw Children of men, and really liked it a lot. I realize i might as well have thought it was terrible, as indeed many seem to do, and it could also belong in the overrated section. But i just thought it had almost everything going for it except for a few cheesy moments. I mean i wouldnt call it realistic but it had a good drive to that many movies just dont.

Also watched Excalibur, about half the film is great and then it meddles out too much...but i guess thats the way the legend is. Not very suitable for a modern crowd, but i still liked it.

Also been re-watching the old Arthur C Clarke series "Mysterious world" (the one with the crystal skull in the intro. Cool series still although Clarke not the best TV personality

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Currently watching my way through the Twilight Zone. Thus far I like many episodes. There's some boring ones, but that doesn't lower my appreciation for the show as a whole.

The old or new series'?

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

schnickschnack wrote:

I saw "This is Spinal Tap" recently... haha!
All those clich

worship the potentiometer.

meschi wrote:

yeah, Ive never seen any of it, but I was aware of it playing on the history channel. but its nice to go from start to finish, in my own time wink

got a few more docs after this lot, vietnam, WWI, one on the congo and another called 'deliver us from evil' which looks quite brutal: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814075/

amazing man, good catch. I've seen it through a couple of times before but i've still been watching it on the history channel whenever i get a chance. incredible interview access, great footage & one of the most intelligent, sensitive & clich

Pages Previous 1 4 5 6 7 8 216 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Random media → What movies/tv shows are you robots watching?!