Re: Out soon 'Lectric Workers EP - I.D. Limited / i Venti Records

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

If 300 EUR or more for Wanexa is not an issue than it's not an interesting release indeed. Not every Italo lover was old enough to buy the original in 1982. But I agree that not EVERY release on I.D. hits the nail (f.e. Stage or Ken Lazlo, pretty useless), I only bought 2 of them: the one with Clay Pedrini and the one with Daryl Scott, I think otherwise I would never have been able to get these songs in a legit way as the prices for the originals are just too high for me (and many others I think). I don't think the value of the originals will lower because of these represses.

I'm not talking about money here. How rare, how not. Honestly I don't give a shit about that. It is simply a way of doing (those releases)  that has, possibly, a lot to do with how italo disco really was in the 80s in Italy, and how Passarani putted it in perfect words: "L'Italia triste degli anni 80". (Thanks Raul) And it has, again, a lot to do with a particular side (nowadays) of Italo disco that is really NOT my thing at all.

Need an example? Here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBE10LrjPf4[/youtube]

Just make your choice. YOU are not expected to like everything.

"Are you loving?"

Hi Guys, great to read so many post about our releases. We are trying to keep the Italian sound alive with our record labels. Now 4 different ones (and maybe a fifth....) with different kind of styles. As you know there were different periods in the 80s when the Italians made those awesome tracks. And not all tracks appeal to everybody, that's a fact. But the world is our market and our projects are in demand by differnet kind of fans!! The 4 labels have a more or less "distinguished sound". i Venti records for the really commercial tracks, Delivery Records for the more obscure and experimental ones, Energy Level for the sound of the Lime, Bobby O, Flirts tracks and I.D. Limited for those hard to find (or not published before versions) tracks.

The 'Lectric Workers EP contains The Garden, Robot is Systematic, Life with you and The man from colours all in the original vocal version. The track for hours now exists only on 2 compilation LP's (only 1.20 minutes) and we made an extended remix of this track, made by the mysterious Mr. S. And the EP comes with a picture sleeve with photo's of Franco Rago and Gigi Farina. So value for money!!

i liked the ken laszlo demo hey hey guy, probably more than the original, and the bruno mosti too is cool, only saw a 7" before and i always liked it.

[a little off topic]
Is it only on my copies that the sound quality is awful for the Wanexa/Expensives on Panama and the Manlio Cangelli on i.D. Limited ?

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

sound quality is pretty bad on the panama record one, imo....

SOS wrote:

sound quality is bad in the discomagic original release.

is this all official release? (just a question)

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Yes Captain Duran and all the others the 'Lectric Workers release is official, no bootlegging!!! We got in contact with Franco Rago and Gigi Farina (they are 'Lectric Workers) and we made the deal for this EP. The picture sleeve comes with some pictures of them (from the 80s) which nobody ever has seen before!!

most complicated robot wrote:
SOS wrote:

sound quality is bad in the discomagic original release.

yep, the panama was a little bit better.

"A Real Music Hater"

i think these I.D. Limited / i Venti Records guys deserve a lot of respect for going about this the decent way with all these leggers around. i just wish they would release more and with greater regularity smile

ronin wrote:

i think these I.D. Limited / i Venti Records guys deserve a lot of respect for going about this the decent way with all these leggers around. i just wish they would release more and with greater regularity smile

I'm with ya.

I really liked the Stage release, some of the others were not to my taste but that's gonna be the way with any label.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Yes, I support you guys. I personally find most Italo not interesting as soon as it becomes more than EUR 15,- per rec.. Better buy some disco / acid / electro / whatever then.

39 (edited by Bender 2009-10-09 22:12:09)

scott_neon wrote:

I do find a lot of the releases pretty useless too though,

different (worse) version of Ken Lazlo - Hey Hey Guy for 14 euros anyone?

I like that version better than the original (and only bought that 12" because of that)...

Opinions... tastes... etc. wink

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

Gino i20 wrote:

Hi Guys, great to read so many post about our releases. We are trying to keep the Italian sound alive with our record labels. Now 4 different ones (and maybe a fifth....) with different kind of styles. As you know there were different periods in the 80s when the Italians made those awesome tracks. And not all tracks appeal to everybody, that's a fact. But the world is our market and our projects are in demand by differnet kind of fans!! The 4 labels have a more or less "distinguished sound". i Venti records for the really commercial tracks, Delivery Records for the more obscure and experimental ones, Energy Level for the sound of the Lime, Bobby O, Flirts tracks and I.D. Limited for those hard to find (or not published before versions) tracks.

The 'Lectric Workers EP contains The Garden, Robot is Systematic, Life with you and The man from colours all in the original vocal version. The track for hours now exists only on 2 compilation LP's (only 1.20 minutes) and we made an extended remix of this track, made by the mysterious Mr. S. And the EP comes with a picture sleeve with photo's of Franco Rago and Gigi Farina. So value for money!!

Will that Wanexa track be remastered? (you know, even the original pressing sounds shitty wink )

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

41 (edited by Aftering 2009-10-12 19:50:03)

I understand that some people doesn't like Italo much, and so it's pretty obvious that those people won't like ID Limited, Delivery, etc.. as those labels stands for Italo Disco. I don't think it's necessary to go on for big explanations about it. It's just a matter of taste..

As for me, i've an enormous respect for what these guys are doing today. Working there way out to get in contact with the original artists, get the official rights, taking the riscs to release Italo Disco in 2009, bringing new things the fans never had before, Unreleased stuff, new artists, hours and hours of work and patience, making extended versions, remastering, making it possible to play those expensive songs on your decks for a human price, etc, etc.. Musiclovers who doesn't respect that, no matter what music they like or dislike, are doubtable in my opinion. You can't be a real musiclover without respecting those basics of "behind the scene" music passion. And I mean in the more "Rare/obscure" music world we all are into here I may say.

Offcourse there are records I would never buy on those labels because I just don't like them enough. Like for exemple that 'Buckigham Palace' or 'Love for Russia' record, most of the people I know are completely crazy about them. But me, I just can't get in the emotion of it. But most of the records are really great on those labels.

As for these new releases I'm amazed. The 'lectric workers is a great mini LP of the sublime work of Franco Rago and Gigi Farina. All the songs are beautifull especially "Life with you" from there Expansives alias. WHAT a record and not a sinicure to get on the original Leader label. I would say, let's forget about the one on Panama with this release. 

But the real treasure on these new releases is the 23rd Underpass record. "Sometimes" (on the B-side) is an absolute masterpiece by Johhny, Kostas and Tax! Those Greece guys are the guys we'll have to follow shortly, I'm shure more goosebumps will follow, the magic is obviously there!

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

Big respect to the label for doing only official represses.
I like it very much, and bought already all the available stuff.

Hopefully more music is in the pipeline.

depress the repress

@aftering, why forget about the panama?
i like what iventi do, but ive no need for this one as i have the panama (which also has the wanexa stumentale) and the viewlexx which is lectric workers and message from the future.
i'd consider buying if the sound quality takes a maassive jump, so is that what we can expect?. Surely Wanexa is always going to sound the way it does..

i just checked the artwork, i think i will buy just for that! always top work!

black shape wrote:

i just checked the artwork, i think i will buy just for that! always top work!

ask if you just can buy the sleeve, and put the panama in it big_smile

Vlam Aan

46 (edited by David Vunk 2009-10-11 13:05:04)

no bullshit please !!

only credits  for my mates:

Fer, Lex, Marcello, en Ed

they have real passion for music  since 1980

Yes David, these guys rock hard. That's what I call real passion, as well !!!

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

48 (edited by Aftering 2009-10-12 19:49:07)

black shape wrote:

@aftering, why forget about the panama?

I'm pretty sure ID Limited will provide a better sound quality (rechecked in studio before pressing). The artwork is also lot better than the Panama.. The panama aswell as this one aren't the actual original records, so in this case it's obvious I just would forget about the Panama.. But that's just a very personal thought  wink

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

Regarding the sound quality we can let everybody know the following. The original mastertapes of the tracks robot is systematic, the garden, the man from colours and life with you do not exist anymore as Franco Rago told me. The only way for was to record them from vinyl. Luckily we have more copies of every record and we choose the best ones for recording. Then we remastered it in our studio's trying to get the best quality with no clicks and hiss. We think we did a good job in restoring the best possible sound quality. But mind you that also if there was an original mastertape that the sound quality would also be not that good! Rago and Farina were pioneers in that time and not able to pay for a big professional sounding studio. So just check it out for yourself!

50 (edited by Aftering 2009-10-13 16:07:00)

Thanks for clearing this up amico! I'm sure you guys did a wonderfull job.

I'm not technical enough to know exactly what would be better: An old mastertape from nearly 30 years ago, with not great sound on it as they hadn't the good equipment back then OR the best possible recording of the vinyl remastered in a todays studio... But in THIS specific case, my intuition goes for the second. And even if it still isn't perfect I'm sure you guys did the best possible job to get out the nicest sound that was possible to have.

Can't wait to receive the vinyl! Very curious about it..