Re: Out soon 'Lectric Workers EP - I.D. Limited / i Venti Records

YES< 'Lectric Workers and Savage are in our warehouse!!!!!!!

U go, guys! Big support!

Order made.

"Are you loving?"

All our tracks available at the shops and distribution so get your copy now so you won't be disappointed! I.D. Limited 001, 002 and 003 where very swift sellers and not available anymore (Bruno Most, Buckingham Palace and Dario dell'Aere). So don't hesitate smile

55 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-06 09:19:28)

Package (Paul Parker, Savage, 23rd Underpass, 'Lectric Workers) arrived and just had a listen to all of them:

23rd Underpass is very nice surprise. Have to get used to the vocal a bit guess but their sound comes over as pretty authentic to me: dreamy, rolling and melancholic. Both tracks I like.
Pleasure Discipline is da bomb. Mastering on Lectric Worker sounds good and Expansives+Man From Colours keep their "own sound" as we know it. wink
Savage I like too (though lyrics are bit too moralistic maybe...). There's a version with the older italo sound (italomaxi version). The euromaxi sounds more modern and is not the Savage as we know it though still o.k. to me.
Paul Parker sounds (almost too ;-) slick. Great tune. That original mix (?) I can do without though.

All in all a very satisfying package for any italonerd like me. smile

edit: oh and b.t.w. fuck all the player-haters! wink

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

If you mean me, I don't hate anyone, I think i venti can take a bit of criticism, or do we have all to think the same?

Ordered at flexx, laat maar komen!

"A Real Music Hater"

onderweg!

59 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2009-11-06 15:02:28)

smile

"A Real Music Hater"

most complicated robot wrote:
Scarface wrote:

If you mean me, I don't hate anyone, I think i venti can take a bit of criticism, or do we have all to think the same?

No ofcourse we don't have to think the same. You're just being too harsh or something. Something I thought after hearing these records and made me add this "fuck you"-statement. Your critisism doesn't compare to the positive and constructive thing the iventi-people are doing. If it's too much "L'Italia triste degli anni 80" to you, well then this isn't for you probably (but you already figured that one out).

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Package (Paul Parker, Savage, 23rd Underpass, 'Lectric Workers) arrived and just had a listen to all of them:

23rd Underpass is very nice surprise. Have to get used to the vocal a bit guess but their sound comes over as pretty authentic to me: dreamy, rolling and melancholic. Both tracks I like.
Pleasure Discipline is da bomb. Mastering on Lectric Worker sounds good and Expansives+Man From Colours keep their "own sound" as we know it. wink
Savage I like too (though lyrics are bit too moralistic maybe...). There's a version with the older italo sound (italomaxi version). The euromaxi sounds more modern and is not the Savage as we know it though still o.k. to me.
Paul Parker sounds (almost too ;-) slick. Great tune. That original mix (?) I can do without though.

All in all a very satisfying package for any italonerd like me. smile

I think the same. Bought them all except this 23RD UNDERPASS, but the SAVAGE item on M-CD, as well. I must admit that after some listening, I like the EUROMAXI version more than the ITALOMAXI (just covering too much sounds, too less self-contained). But in the end, it's so great to have a new release of Roberto and listening to his wonderful voice gives me goosebumps.
PAUL PARKER's voice still rocks hard to me, love that. And LECTRIC WORKERS is a league on its own. Simply stunning.

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

ordered from clone .

ancestors from another galaxy

Scarface wrote:
Scarface wrote:

No ofcourse we don't have to think the same. You're just being too harsh or something. Something I thought after hearing these records and made me add this "fuck you"-statement. Your critisism doesn't compare to the positive and constructive thing the iventi-people are doing. If it's too much "L'Italia triste degli anni 80" to you, well then this isn't for you probably (but you already figured that one out).

eh! sorry if I got too harsh in this happy italo world, relax! my god, how untouchable and dogmatic this thing really is.

64 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-07 22:28:09)

Scarface wrote:

eh! sorry if I got too harsh in this happy italo world, relax! my god, how untouchable and dogmatic this thing really is.

If I can speak my mind you can speak yours, o.k? So we don't agree, so what? These things happen.

Edit: your just more critical about italo or have a lower cheese-tolerance level than me probably. You have every right to and maybe I shouldn't be so touchy about that. So sorry for not being tolerant for your opinion. It's just some anger I get when I like something which others don't or are critical about. See, it's just an ordinary fight about taste and no one wins that.

Peace (or should I cheese? ;-)!

"Are you loving?"

peace.

http://rlv.zcache.com/peace_love_cheese_poster-p228056390920793970tdcp_400.jpg

http://frenchcuisine.suite101.com/artic … orld_peace

Cheace maaaan..

http://home.pacific.net.au/~turner23/2002/hippy-peace.jpg

"Are you loving?"

68 (edited by raoul 2009-11-09 09:06:13)

Gino i20 wrote:

Regarding the sound quality we can let everybody know the following. The original mastertapes of the tracks robot is systematic, the garden, the man from colours and life with you do not exist anymore as Franco Rago told me. The only way for was to record them from vinyl. Luckily we have more copies of every record and we choose the best ones for recording. Then we remastered it in our studio's trying to get the best quality with no clicks and hiss. We think we did a good job in restoring the best possible sound quality. But mind you that also if there was an original mastertape that the sound quality would also be not that good! Rago and Farina were pioneers in that time and not able to pay for a big professional sounding studio. So just check it out for yourself!

i must say it's very well done.
this is an excellent efford and the sound quality is better than could be expected from vinyl remastering. i miss a little bit of power in 'robot is systemetic' i guess it's due to the long running time of this LP.
the limitations of vinyl are clear and i would have liked to get a 4X12" with all the originals smile
but that would probably not be feasable in the current vinyl market.

most important to me is that these guys are putting some real effort in releasing this stuff. not just slam an mp3 on a bootleg pressing and call it a day. with the eye for detail they are showing to their products these labels are bound to be a continuous success. it'll come back to them manyfold in goodwill from artists and audience.
keep it up!

i have one request though:
could you guys do a reissue of 'helen - wich'?

Hi Raoul, thanks for your nice comments! Your request is possible because we have the rights of Helen - Witch. Any more suggestions?

Bye, Jeroen

^^ suggestions, i have a few :

felli - diamond in the night
den harrow - energy rain
d. carred - you'll be a winner
d. carred - i want to know the world

Vlam Aan

Blackway feat. Helen would be nice too wink

Anyway: thumbs up and keep up the great work!

"A Real Music Hater"

kuczera wrote:

^^ suggestions, i have a few :

felli - diamond in the night

+1

maybe an lp like the lectric workers for the obscure joe yellow stuff:
black breast
hookey
how many fill
star knight
etc.

good idea, but then include if you are master and love dawn instead of hookey, that one is still easy to find..

how about some of the g.a.n.g. stuff? or big ben tribe- tarzan?

rude66 wrote:

big ben tribe- tarzan?

I choke for this record!

one track per side would be more than enough. better release that material in more dj friendly fashion...