Re: OCR-023 : Legowelt - "The Liechtenstein Account"

ytz wrote:

big_smile LOL no disrespect intended

Hehe!  None taken, my good man!    big_smile
Just my sick sense of humor - maybe didn't translate well after a very long day on the grind yesterday.

LAARRRGE version of the artwork here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/openconcep … 4/sizes/l/

...and finishing the website update this weekend.
Will have the tunes up on the new player there.

Release date will be Monday, Nov 2nd for Beatport.  It comes out everywhere else two weeks later.  Kind of a weird arrangement, I know.  The reason for this is that they will be giving this release a special banner on their main page - hopefully, this will help a smaller label like ours. 

Cheers!

Vinyl version : November 2nd too ? or 2 weeks later ? or another date ?

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

openconcept wrote:
ytz wrote:

big_smile LOL no disrespect intended

LAARRRGE version of the artwork here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/openconcep … 4/sizes/l/

nice, thanks!

29 (edited by openconcept 2009-10-31 23:49:09)

il mafioso wrote:

We hope to have a better idea for the vinyl release next week. 
Stay tuned!

You can sign up and get word about this and future releses here http://eepurl.com/cgLV

looks great, cant wait to download from 0daymusic.org

damn man, why?

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

vinyl ? where? i am curious `bout this one

openconcept wrote:
il mafioso wrote:

We hope to have a better idea for the vinyl release next week. 
Stay tuned!

You can sign up and get word about this and future releses here http://eepurl.com/cgLV

ah ok, thanks for the answer smile

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

34 (edited by Marco Tulio Thrash 2009-11-01 20:56:23)

Love the release ... review is on its way.

Quick question tho: Is the track at the start of Slices documentary related to "Woodland"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SLkomESDWk

35 (edited by bias 2009-11-02 01:00:44)

that's the track from klaus kinski ep, woodland sounds very similar
this whole release sounds old, must be material from almost 10 years back, so i think free download for r4r members would be fair

Hey bias ... I dunno didn't hear any tracks that were similar on there really, other than because they are by Legowelt. This is a great release in any case.

the nomium syndrom is the name

yeah ... nomium has a similar kind of tension but it is not a clone. However the first track in the background of the slices docu ... has the same melodies and structures as Woodland. However this is not a criticism, I think every musician reworks or resurfaces older tracks sometimes, which is nice and Woodland definitely deserves to see the light of day.

This is not like Human League Remastered or the umpteenth version/remix of Sex Machine

i like the landrover astrophysics ep from legowelt at the minute, for this one i agree with bias. there is better legowelt tracks in this legowelt style

bias wrote:

the nomium syndrom is the name

The chord is the same octamed instrument I sampled from the juno 106 and indeed almost all of these tracks find their origin around or even before the Nomium Syndrome. Probably the Woodland track was even made for the Klaus Kinski release but somehow it didn't make it or I forgot about it. Or it could even be that it was a very early sketchy version of that track. I recently fished up these tracks/sequences from the depths of my Amiga harddisk and recorded them with the TR808 behind it. I like the tracks myself (especially Day Sailer) and I thought it would make sense to release them.

bias wrote:

that's the track from klaus kinski ep, woodland sounds very similar
this whole release sounds old, must be material from almost 10 years back, so i think free download for r4r members would be fair

yes i agree, you owe us rfr members smack, we made you what you are.

one day youre gonna see you coulda been a lot more

43 (edited by Marco Tulio Thrash 2009-11-03 15:28:31)

Review: http://intergalacticfm.com/component/co … in-account

Edit corrected url

cebteq wrote:

one day youre gonna see you coulda been a lot more

that day has long passed already

cant listen on these crapy pc-speakers over here but Klaus Kinski is My fav. Smackos, so
I wil like yeah.

free download for people from Koewacht and Poland wink

is the vinyl still scheduled for release soon? hoping to pick this up when i get paid next friday!

btw, it costs 15.70GBP to buy this lossless on Beatport - a bit ridiculous...

jacderida wrote:

Beatport.. ..ridiculous...

you said it.. wink

48 (edited by openconcept 2009-11-12 17:05:54)

jacderida wrote:

btw, it costs 15.70GBP to buy this lossless on Beatport - a bit ridiculous...

Wow, that's more than a bit ridiculous...  that's INSANE!!

It costs $12.45 on their US website.  Straight conversion at today's rates, that's 7.52078 GBP.  How the hell do they turn around and sell it at DOUBLE that price?!?  I have no idea.  I seem to remember them pinning some of the blame on the British government for digital sales fees.  Peh.

I can't apologize for them, but yeah,  dealing with Beatport as a label can be every bit as frustrating as a dealing with them as a potential customer.  The only reason it was offered thru BP in the first two weeks as an "exclusive" was that they came forward with some ideas about supporting it with a banner, etc.  Guess what??  No banner or additional promo.  All I can say is that there are other options...  including not supporting the artist/label by getting it off of some file share.  ...but that's greasy and the true peeps on RFR roll correctly and are above all that.     

As far as the vinyl goes, a couple of snags but we've finally got it narrowed down to the final options for pressing and manufacturing.  Once that's completed sometime next week, we'll be having them minted and off to your favourite record shop.  My best guess is that they will be in sometime shortly after the New Year.

ok cool, so are junodownload etc. still scheduled to get the downloads? i'll probably buy it on there until the vinyl comes out just to have it to listen to smile.

could it be that the US site doesn't have a 'wav handling' charge? you get charged an extra quid per track for that on BP (not just for this release, that's a general policy).

The artwork is boss, looks like shadow of the beast

CRACKED BY MR. Z...