Re: Soundproofin'

Brian Chinetti wrote:

Four Duvels? I love a good beer so I don't want to sound like a moralist but drinking is  also a bit of a bad idea, for the very reason you already pointed out. It alters the way you percept and enjoy sound, just like dope and lack of sleep. It kinda takes away all the advantages of reference speakers and the treated room...

I get your point Brian and I agree, for me hardly any beers in the studio, but dont forget a studio isnt only for making neat tracks.. kicking out the jams can be big fun once in a while too (accompanied with some Belgium beers) wink

TB or not TB

SLEEK wrote:

dance music loud

if you make pink floyd music keep shit quiet

-1db mastering bwahahaha

Pink Floyd quiet?

TB or not TB

28 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2008-08-05 21:29:23)

Freek wrote:

dont forget a studio isnt only for making neat tracks.. kicking out the jams can be big fun once in a while too (accompanied with some Belgium beers) wink

True... You reckon you got some time for some beers this weekend? I think it's pretty clear that I don't have to give my neighbor much consideration big_smile

29 (edited by Sander 2008-08-05 23:33:41)

Room in room construction with (double)gips plates(which is easy to work with, but other material is also possible) and glass or stone wool no physical touching of the existing room is the only prober sound isolation way.
Not too expensive, but a lot of work.

Brian Chinetti wrote:
Freek wrote:

dont forget a studio isnt only for making neat tracks.. kicking out the jams can be big fun once in a while too (accompanied with some Belgium beers) wink

True... You reckon you got some time for some beers this weekend? I think it's pretty clear that I don't have to give my neighbor much consideration big_smile

some beers would be nice, maybe next friday?

TB or not TB

rude66 wrote:

the only way you can really soundproof is to build a box-in-a-box with no direct connections to the structure of the building whatsoever, only via rubber..

I saw Moby talking about sand in between for some TV spot too. Is he crazy?

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

moby is an asshole

GREETZ!

yeah floyd is kinda dreamy to me. usually up tempo music seems to be louder than something like an album like kid a album imo. sorry for bringing a new band into this, hehe

GREETZ!

SUY wrote:

Main issue at the moment is the ventilation. Cause it would be stupid to soundproof the damn thing and than opening a window. Thinking about some airconditioning in there but its quite expensive, and this will probably kill the soundproofing too

you can soundproof the airconditioning, too.

SLEEK wrote:

moby is an asshole

Assholeness aside, what about the sand-wall thing? Does it work? Anybody ever heard of such a thing?

the guy made being a geek not cool again

37 (edited by Communicator 2008-08-06 18:37:10)

oki-dokie

couldnt tell ya communicator

GREETZ!

cebteq wrote:

the guy made being a geek not cool again

haha, you're totally right on that.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Freek wrote:
Brian Chinetti wrote:

Four Duvels? I love a good beer so I don't want to sound like a moralist but drinking is  also a bit of a bad idea, for the very reason you already pointed out. It alters the way you percept and enjoy sound, just like dope and lack of sleep. It kinda takes away all the advantages of reference speakers and the treated room...

I get your point Brian and I agree, for me hardly any beers in the studio, but dont forget a studio isnt only for making neat tracks.. kicking out the jams can be big fun once in a while too (accompanied with some Belgium beers) wink

Well My "music room" is mainly for My own enjoyment without any professional intension.
Ive got some gear left from years ago and maybe I'm gonne use it again, but the chance thats it will be as good as a Orgue electronique or rude 66 production is less than 1 %.

So untill that time the soundproofed room is pure for the enjoyment of beer and music, and if possible I would like to enjoy this at 4 in the morning if I feel like it. First I'm gonne try to get it a silent as i can (on the outside).
And after that I'm gonne try to perfect the acoustics.
Maybe Ill put some slettebakken in there tongue

disco train wrote:
SUY wrote:

Main issue at the moment is the ventilation. Cause it would be stupid to soundproof the damn thing and than opening a window. Thinking about some airconditioning in there but its quite expensive, and this will probably kill the soundproofing too

you can soundproof the airconditioning, too.

Hmm How would You do this Disco..? The plan is to put in a budget airco, so the unit inside and a fan outside.
I'm gonne order one in Germany I think

42 (edited by disco train 2008-08-09 10:47:22)

you can buy silencers for air conditiong systems. but it probably ain't cheap.

is this for silencing of the aircoconditioning itself? cause I'm afraid for the music going out of the room trough the system since the the airco wil create contact with the outside, Dont know how they do this in pro studios

Ok some help needed cause I'm gonne do this soon:

Whats the best way to provide fresh air to a soundproofed room?

no, i mean you insert a silencer into the "airflow" to kill the soundwaves to travel outside.

Ah yes thanks smile

I'm checking out the available systems now since there are quite a few.
Its prob. best to put in a ventilationsystem plus airco, cause airco only pushes hot air out of the room but doesnt suply fresh air into it.

ok the wooden frame is in, gonne try to get some pictures of the progress up here.
So far its a wooden construction that starts from the ground at 2 cm from the walls.
It makes contact at the top of the ceiling/roof that is pointy shaped. Putting in a lower flat ceiling was an option, but I liked the roof as it was and I think maybe a roof that is point shaped would be better for acoustics.

Now I have to install all the outlets and lightswitches plus the currentcables and stuff.
Ive installed a new fusebox with 12 different groups 3 mass differentials and a mainswitch.
I'm gonne use one automatic fuse 16A for all the equipment and one 16A for the lighting.
All fuses that are left is for the normal house-use and then I still got a lot left for future use.