Re: Worship a god that killed our friends?

Whatabout THOR and those other ones

Like the VIKINGS had

Vikings are cool

we all worship the same god, just dont ask me how about when it was more than one

cebteq wrote:

we all worship the same god

oh yes, and it's called money

54 (edited by Robotworks 2008-08-12 14:10:44)

Among Galls, Thor was called Taranis. At these pre-christian times almost everybody had similar beliefs. It was when religion was not a matter of war. I like these old beliefs too wink

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien

Every year a shia belivers from Iraq tortured them self as some way of comitement, whatever. I don' t get those guys. Also, every year on some sacred place of them, there is always some stampedo happened, that kills a bunch of people. Creepy?

mcr, "I keep mines in between my front pockets" big_smile

Robotworks wrote:

Among Galls, Thor was called Taranis. At these pre-christian times almost everybody had similar beliefs. It was when religion was not a matter of war. I like these old beliefs too wink

At these times, before the romanisation, war was quasi permanent between celtics groups.

In Ribemont, ancient celts made consecration of human bones:
http://www.diffusion.ens.fr/archeo/photostock/atfolder.2005-04-11.0459556963/20050217120238.jpg/image

and of human bodies, headless, as shown in the following reconstitution:
http://www.sheshen-eceni.co.uk/images/ribemont%20sur%20ancre%201.jpg

Celts are fascinating.

War always existed... beliefs weren't the reason of those wars, even if it was an accompaniment supposed to make warriors stronger. I have some very good Native Americans friends, they explained me their beliefs. Looks pretty much like the Celtic belief systems

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien