Re: Cern

you should've just let the US do it

who stopped the US from doing it smile

logic and common sense (why build 2) wink

54 (edited by black shape 2008-09-22 20:52:19)

US already had one big enough and would have found Higgs boson by now. but they pulled funding in case of black hole

apparently not big enough by LHC standards haha

was used in Universal Soldier though
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d5/Ssc_mdl.JPG/800px-Ssc_mdl.JPG

i seem to recall US almost pulled the plug on lot of particle experiments? particles make baby jesus cry ):

Monkey see, monkey do.

someone broke it, the collidor, its out of action for 2 months

@biotek, the screams of stem cells stop George Bush from sleeping at night

keep hackney crap

i think i heard on the webcast earlier that the realistic estimate of getting particle collisions was some time around next year. because they have to get used to the machine and it's operation first thru events like these.

Monkey see, monkey do.

surely the numbers they need to crunch is going to take forever aswell, and they already have to throw away 98% of all those numbers in the first place due to the sheer amount of data. It could be a long time before we see the higgs boson anyway right? I suppose it would be nice if a six billion dollar 20 mile long machine could also do its job in a split second, but it would be a bit more dull too i reckon

Maybe they can use it for something else until then. A velodrome, perhaps? big_smile

more hollywood movies

umm.. they're going to quantify and fix the problem during those months?

Monkey see, monkey do.

Of course, but I was expecting a black hole immediately. Until then I was hoping they'd find another way to entertain me wink