Re: Films that get critical acclaim but are rubbish!

Breakdance II Electric Boogaloo, after the 1st film literally blew my socks off I was severley let down with the shoddy sequel.

but it does get critical acclaim? hahahaha vic you a freak

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

p t anderson films I don't like, boogie nights entertaining but not good, magnolia too much, hard eight ok...

But some actors in it I like.

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

bias wrote:

the dark knight
haven't watched it tho

just goes to show, you just like to run your mouth, you probably never heard a fd edit either

'lost in translation' sucked. I agree with the Tarantino stuff.. pfff!

But The Big Lebowski is like good wine!

big lebowski.. definetly overrated. it's almost like a parody of their movies and style.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Vic20 wrote:

Breakdance II Electric Boogaloo, after the 1st film literally blew my socks off I was severley let down with the shoddy sequel.

Here is called Breakin' II Electric Boogaloo, and i agree it didn't live up to the first...although the dancing on the ceiling was a nice scene

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Bladerunner.. yeah nice atmosphere and cs80 soundtrack but its utterly boring.  i found myself always thinking: who gives a shit who gives a fuck.

Forax wrote:

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Bladerunner.. yeah nice atmosphere and cs80 soundtrack but its utterly boring.  i found myself always thinking: who gives a shit who gives a fuck.

Same here, rewatched it recently, the scene with the dove is like a bad 80s hairmetal video pastiche.. oh well.

I really like most Tarantino movies, Jackie Brown, Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Romance, all watched em several times and had tons of fun.. JayOverdoses argument that his scores are not original don't work too well on me either, I love Tarantino's scores as they have introduced me to some great tracks or even complete genres.

Same with David Lynch, yeah he gets a lot of critical acclaim and it might not be your cup of tea, but at least give the man credit for trying to do something different..

I thought Crash was pretty overrated too, so much of an obvious Oprah-movie-club-movie.. I really lost it when Sandra Bullock realises her black cleaning woman is actually her best friend.

60 (edited by jayoverdose 2008-08-06 21:20:05)

you are nuts, but taste differs.

who gives a shit/fuck you can say that about everything

starborough think i saw your face in dj broadcast at a mr wix baltimore breaks party?

61 (edited by Vic20 2008-08-06 21:39:05)

Dez wrote:
Vic20 wrote:

Here is called Breakin' II Electric Boogaloo, and i agree it didn't live up to the first...although the dancing on the ceiling was a nice scene

I think your right actually, kudos to you Dez wink

the ceiling bit [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqV6E9Zol24[/youtube]

this film was sooo bad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3WcfO7mI2o[/youtube]

Monkey see, monkey do.

biotek wrote:

big lebowski.. definetly overrated. it's almost like a parody of their movies and style.

Wrong

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Requiem for a Dream

a load of toss

"Le fabuleux destin d'Am

biotek wrote:

second that.
ok movie but way too sucked.

67 (edited by noctambulo 2008-08-07 00:04:16)

well i second it's fully over-rated ,i won't go that far with the parody stuf of their movies & style.

prefered a lot barton fink,millers's crossing or o'brother which were all 3 really different

Paudical wrote:

Requiem for a Dream

a load of toss

true too, def a movie for hipster that jerk off their cum on technical camera shit effects that are repeted on a regular & boring basis

Paudical wrote:

Requiem for a Dream

a load of toss

you mean? I think I never read a "critical acclaim" for it.   It is a MTV trailer show (this kind of movie, you know) but the story is not soo bad, even it was not new, or really original. I remember I liked it somehow as I saw it at the time.  it is not one of the best movies anyways, may you are right...not worth to talk about so long.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

requiem is ok. not good. It's made for 14 year-olds. To scare them from drug abuse. Could work for some kiddos. US Government style. Infiltrate in a fast "cool" movie, with it's downfall.
typical accumulation of negative events of some characters. Bit like "crash", numb-scull "humanistic" philosophy.

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

GM wrote:

requiem is ok. not good. It's made for 14 year-olds. To scare them from drug abuse. Could work for some kiddos. US Government style. Infiltrate in a fast "cool" movie, with it's downfall.
typical accumulation of negative events of some characters. Bit like "crash", numb-scull "humanistic" philosophy.

okay - to finnish - an anti drug trailer show financed by scientology and or government of the USA wink  har har

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Vomatron wrote:

Also, virgin suicides...the only thing that movie does is showing how spoiled a brat

agree on this one too voma.
absolutely useless movie about a useless family & useless drama shit teenager problems

noctambulo wrote:
Vomatron wrote:

Also, virgin suicides...the only thing that movie does is showing how spoiled a brat

absolutely useless movie about a useless family & useless drama shit teenager problems

but taken from a true story, which is pretty crazy

Requiem for a dream: User Rating: 8.5/10 @ IMDB

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

jayoverdose wrote:
noctambulo wrote:
Vomatron wrote:

but taken from a true story, which is pretty crazy

just a sad story. I liked the soundtrack of AIR.

discogs sales