Re: whats the weather like where you are?

I can smell summer.

blue sky, sun is shining, its getting warmer.
this weather makes me feel happy smile

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Same here, sunshine and 18 degrees. I feel like getting gay with turntables after work

Slap Me on the Ass and call Me Hanzz  cool

two days ago: a little bit of sun
yesterday: half sun half rain
today: rain, then snow again tongue

come on, I have to start the swimming pool season!!!

http://jogg.se/files/mms/mms_20103232219_349.jpg?ist=705

This was yesterday - I hope today's sun will make some of the slush disappear

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

i'll be in gavle tomorrow. looks like i need to bring my winter clothes

keep hackney crap

Yesterday I did some running (Marathon practice) in Stockholm.

Spring is slowly replacing the hard winter we've had this year.

http://www.jogg.se/files/mms/mms_20103281955_799.jpg?ist=705

View from the bridge "Västerbron" (the tower just right of the middle is Stockholm City Hall)
As you can see we still have plenty of Ice.

I think the temperature was a couple of degrees C above zero and it was a bit rainy.

At Strandvägen I saw this guy defying the cold weather, wearing shorts and flip-flops (no socks):

http://www.jogg.se/files/mms/mms_20103281953_773.jpg?ist=705

It appeared as he was going for quite a long walk and his friends were more wrapped-up in winter clothes.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

it was snowing here again - fucking hell, enough already!

yesterday = summery and yellow
today = rainy and brown
tomorrow = snow forecast

fml

cuties don't exert

Just drove down from the highlands where it was blue sky and snow peaked mountains, here its just grey and bleak  sad

@galliano  those buildings are nice with all the pastel colours. did you run a marathon before?

@ jacderida im only up to 30 mins, gotta go easy in the build up (knees). last 10k was two years ago but i didnt make my target so always a chance id do another..especially after watching Eddie Izzard's marathon effort  smile

oh and i finally got my i-shuffle fixed which means MUSIC whilst running outside, so much more inspirational  big_smile

aye i was exactly the same, had to build it up, and still am. especially since i put on weight last year due to too much boozing + no exercise. (but i've lost 9 pounds so far since i've taken it up again!)

i can also only do a 30min then 45min run, then i need to take a days break as that's all my legs can handle. tried to do 2x45min ones in a row last week and failed miserably big_smile.

there's a 10k in may that a mate of mine is doing, but it's a woman only one, some breast cancer thing i think smile.

karamanga wrote:

@galliano did you run a marathon before?

I was going to run Stockholm Marathon last year but then I got other plans (my employer arranged a conference trip to Malta, which was fun).
So instead I ran a Marathon later in the summer in the small village Månkarbo (670 inhabitants) 110km north of Stockholm.

About 200 runners doing six laps in the countryside surrounding the village was a contrast to the 20 000 crowd in Stockholm Marathon.

Well, It was still 42 195 meters and I managed to reach the finish line although the last 10km was really slow.
I swore not to ever run a Marathon again, but... smile

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

man, i totally have respect for anyone who can get fit enough to run a full marathon!

how long did you have to train for that? must have been seriously heavy duty...

what was your time? my dad once ran a full marathon, it took him over 3 hours...

Galliano wrote:
karamanga wrote:

@galliano did you run a marathon before?

Well, It was still 42 195 meters and I managed to reach the finish line although the last 10km was really slow.
I swore not to ever run a Marathon again, but... smile

well done man, that sounds so hard and gorgeously scenic. they say marathon running is addictive. so whens the next one?

@jacderida  i really wanna do a marathon, quite tempted but not sure if my knees would cope, suppose gradual build up is the key...sounds like your schedule is quite random dude 2 x 45s in a row??  hmm   
btw around 4 hours is great for a first time  big_smile

well ideally I'd like to run 5 times a week, right now I'm doing 4 - 2in a row then another 2 leaving days between. but I guess I'm hijacking this thread a bit now, maybe we should start a health and fitness thread big_smile

jacderida wrote:

well ideally I'd like to run 5 times a week, right now I'm doing 4 - 2in a row then another 2 leaving days between. but I guess I'm hijacking this thread a bit now, maybe we should start a health and fitness thread big_smile

call it "Pump it up" lol

on topic: i can see the sea from here and the sea on the east coast is pure choppy choppy this evening  cool

totally gloomy over here, when will this rain end and summer start

Jeez, gael force winds that came out of the blue kept me up all night last night, felt like my flat was gonna cave in! Now on the bus to work for a fun filled sleep deprived day smile.

Off and on topic:

Off:

jacderida wrote:

man, i totally have respect for anyone who can get fit enough to run a full marathon!

how long did you have to train for that? must have been seriously heavy duty...

what was your time? my dad once ran a full marathon, it took him over 3 hours...

Well, I have gradually extended the distance I run and the volume/month.
Some years ago I was happy to be able to run 5km without walking.
Then I wanted to run faster and also longer distances.
2004 I competed over 5km the first time.
2007 I did my first Half Marathon and last year my first Marathon.
When you can run half marathons "for fun" in your practice, It's time to aim for the Marathon.

It's also a matter of how much you do not train.
In Sweden it's a bit tricky to run outside in the winter.
But if I want to keep my level, I need to continue running during the winter too.
You need to learn your body (and mind) to get used to the increased training over a long time and avoid long breaks.

My first marathon included quite a bit of walking in the last third, I'm afraid.
It was in the summer and I was drinking a lot when available to avoid dehydration.
It's hard to drink and run so I walked. At the end of the race my "drinking walks" got longer and longer.

I finished the Marathon in 4 hours 15 minutes, but I think I can do at least 30 minutes better next time if I have a decent day. According to some (optimistic) conversion tables I should be able to run in about 3:25 but I lack some experience in long runs and I don't think I have the capacity for sub 3:30 (yet).

Under 4 hours is quite good, in my opinion. Sub 3 hours is really good.

Haile Gebrselassie's world record is 2:03:59 which is totally incredible.
That means he does every km in 2 minutes 56 seconds!  yikes  I cannot even run (only) 1km in 2:56.
Or he does every 100m (422 of them) in 17,6 seconds!
I don't know how quick I can run 100 meters (haven't tried in 25 years or so) but I guess I'm just about quicker than 17,6 smile

karamanga wrote:

they say marathon running is addictive. so whens the next one?

Next one is in the beginning of June.
The last couple of years Stockholm Marathon has concided with one of the warmest days of the year (over 30 degrees C in the shade). I hope it will be a bit cooler this year.

As I said, at the end of my first Marathon I swore never to run another one. I actually decided to quit all kinds of running.
Perhaps start playing golf or something instead smile But I heard lot of Marathon debutants have thought the same thing.

On topic:
I've felt for some weeks spring is slowly coming to Stockholm but today was definitely a big step toward summer.
I did some runinng in my lunch break and it was pure joy.
Dry roads, birds singing, sunny and warm. Quite a contrast from the slush exactry a week ago.

But we're still only in March, so I expect some brief snowy setback before summer definitely kicks in.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

570 (edited by heifetz 2010-03-30 18:40:39)

the snow is melting! i said the snow is melting!

rain, what else.... yikes

foggy, sky colour: "depressing grey"

same here...

northern europe, innit

cuties don't exert

574 (edited by coae 2010-03-31 18:57:42)

yeah, figured i could take a shortcut thru a park today.. shouldn't "battlefield mudd"  mad

ytz you got my mail, right?
(blog e-adress)

575 (edited by Galliano 2010-04-05 11:06:22)

Wtf, more snow?
http://www.mmsit.se/mms/458606.jpg
My dad and I went to his place in the Stockholm archipelargo to look after it. I guess we could have picked a better day. Well, it's beautiful.
http://www.mmsit.se/mms/806029.jpg
My old man walking on the ice.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.