Re: World Cup thread

Look out Germany - Heskey's coming on!!!

bwahahahahahahaah

cuties don't exert

Es kommt nach Hause, es kommt nach Hause, es kommt, ja, Fußball kommt nach Hause

cuties don't exert

yaaaaaaaas! Good bye england, enjoy your flight back home lads, no need to worry, it's nice and sunny over here! big_smile

the lampard 'goal' is the icing on the cake!

Great win for the Germans.

Indeed man. Well deserved. England didnt play very well, shame the goal that shouldve been allowed wsnt allowed s it would have made it a little more interesting.

@ meschi
"...shame the goal that shouldve been allowed wsnt allowed..."
-> that's how it goes... sometimes!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYixmHvnN0s[/youtube]

glad that the germans at least scored another two goals, otherwise it would have been a scheiss win.

ramos

Yes, Juan should have been sent off, but I truly believe Portugal wouldn't have changed anything if that had happened.  It's not just against Spain... I think they're going to play like this for the rest of the tournament... it's just not fun to watch, even if they are "punching above their weight."  I didn't see the North Korea game, but I think that was surely an exception to the rule.

schlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!!!!!

wow 4:1 nice..... i hoped for a win but that it would be that clearly...

shame that the one goal by england didn't got counted but then again im happy big_smile it's al psychological.. if it would have been counted the match probably would have taken another direction

309 (edited by Jap the Lad 2010-06-27 19:18:31)

mushaden wrote:

ramos

Yes, Juan should have been sent off, but I truly believe Portugal wouldn't have changed anything if that had happened.  It's not just against Spain... I think they're going to play like this for the rest of the tournament... it's just not fun to watch, even if they are "punching above their weight."  I didn't see the North Korea game, but I think that was surely an exception to the rule.

I agree. Portugal are a shower of negative shite. They are a shadow of their free flowing attacking Euro 2000 team and are a pain to watch.

not using camera's and stuff to be sure in certain situations make this world cup a fail. this blatter gy really must go. now another fail during the mexico - argentina match.

311 (edited by ytz 2010-06-27 20:32:47)

which joker ran the replay? what an idiot!

dodgy goals happen. they're part of the game. this television replay stuff... rubbish.

cuties don't exert

http://www.soccer-warriors.de/wp-content/2010/06/QxJvh-400x225.jpg

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

313 (edited by e-control 2010-06-27 20:51:33)

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

not using camera's and stuff to be sure in certain situations make this world cup a fail. this blatter gy really must go. now another fail during the mexico - argentina match.

yeah, can only agree with that, those obvious errors already decided the directions of some games i think.
and not including video in the decisions in the 21st century is a joke.

@elec pt. 1
hehe funny pic! i think the referee had the viewlexx binoculars on :-)

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

surely it's not his decision alone, but all the other all blokes in the associations around the world too.
I agree though, that it is long overdue, also with regards to diving, tackling and red cards.

e-control wrote:
S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

yeah, can only agree with that, those obvious errors already decided the directions of some games i think.
and not including video in the decisions in the 21st century is a joke.

it's just silly. i mean for the players/teams it has bad effect, as well as the for referee it sucks to be judged on stuff you didn't happen to see. and all that money that is involved. pretty unreal they still don't have it.

Yeah it's ridiculous.

The Argentina keeper can thank Heinze big time for those two times he saved his ass

great match Germany.
Argentina - Mexico was dirty, i didn't enjoy it

318 (edited by Jap the Lad 2010-06-27 22:05:41)

I've decided that Argentina don't impress me. They've been showered with praise by the pundits yet their passing has often been sloppy, defending shambolic and Messi for all his dribbling exploits has been largely ineffective.  If it wasn't for the morale boosting presence of Maradona I reckon they would not be in with a chance of winning this tournament.

It's interesting, I feel that of all the big teams at this tournament perhaps only Spain and Germany can say they have better teams than the ones of 1998.  I have enjoyed watching the smaller teams do well at this tournament but there really is a lack of overall quality on display.

wow, Germany made a great match this afternoon (even if the one goal did not counted for England, I surely felt bad for them), it was simply a joy to see them play, good combinations, fast and strong.

the argentinis were not so impressing. I see a chance for germany. will see...

I dislike the discussion about using cameras for referees decisions. in the end all the matches will be tattered, the cameras are just there to transmit it to our eyes, if the referees are not able to do their job it is sad (and believe me it was their last referee job for FIFA). If they start with all the technical possibilities a match will be filled with commercials and all the shit, and then we have it like in US TV, sucks big time.
I prefer to stay on the ground and traditional with soccer.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

You have a point, but I do think there should be an extra ref behind the goal.

Captain Duran wrote:

I dislike the discussion about using cameras for referees decisions. in the end all the matches will be tattered, the cameras are just there to transmit it to our eyes, if the referees are not able to do their job it is sad (and believe me it was their last referee job for FIFA). If they start with all the technical possibilities a match will be filled with commercials and all the shit, and then we have it like in US TV, sucks big time.
I prefer to stay on the ground and traditional with soccer.

x2

It's football. Mistakes will be made.

Complete opposite to baseball or basketball, where it seems every detail has almost been planned out in advance.

cuties don't exert

England was weak, we ripped them to shreds, also playing 4-4-2 was a mistake against the us.

Goodbye Fabio!

did you hear that england are looking for a new coach? to pick them up from heathrow tomorrow morning... big_smile

man, i ended up getting wasted last night, everyone in glasgow was buzzing after that knockout.

germany for the win!

http://www.standaard.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2010/06/28/illusie2.jpg.h380.jpg.568.jpg

great goal from Arjen Robben. almost as impressive as the germans yesterday

keep hackney crap