Re: World Cup thread

Germans seem to overrate themselves. They played very well, but mainly used the space that was given to them after (lucky) 1-0, and did that very well. When spaces are small and they can't use their runners Germany is not so impressive (guess Spain is the only team that can deal with that). They lacked luck and Mueller yesterday. Too bad; schade schade alles ist vorbei! See you on Euro 2012.

The Germans we're kind of stiff. But good to see both teams played fair...

Strictly Rockaas

I think that yesterday was not the same Germany who played against Argentina.

That's why you lost and we won.

mushaden wrote:

If Spain don't take their chances better it could easily go to Netherlands, and I'm with everybody hoping it does  big_smile

Whoever wins, I'm happy. Spain are a team of legends; if Holland win it will be payback for Cruyff, Neeskens, Bergkamp, Kluivert - and all the other greats who never won the World Cup.

cuties don't exert

480 (edited by Scarface 2010-07-08 13:12:39)

Schade Deutschland... But you won enough in past world- and eurocups right?

Well, if Holland loses this sunday (which I hope not! ;-) it won't be from Germany which would be so very traumatic that Holland might never recover from this... A lot of old hurt (oud zeer) so to say.

Nice to see this refreshing final against Spain.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Schade Deutschland... But you won enough in past world- and eurocups right?

germany have been great to watch, but that was my feeling about it when they lost... move over and let someone else have a shot at it! smile

very nice to see two teams who haven't won before in the final!

482 (edited by Aftering 2010-07-08 15:01:27)

Penalty or not, i don't think it would have made such a big difference, and a 1-1 would not have been the real honnest value for this game. Same for the 4-0 against Argentina.

Spain was much better and deserved to win, and I'm very happy about that. The final will be more refined with Spain I hope.

Funny to see how football is really a matter of "mood of the day/moment". One day Germany plays a good game and win 4-0 against a normally better Argentina (considering the rest of the games 2 teams played during this WC), and the next day Germany loose against Spain who didn't showed us much greats during this WC.

Anyway, congrats for the Germans, they gave us some nice football moments! But it was time for them to go home. Winning the WC would not have been so great for a team who lost 0-1 against Serbia during the tournament anyway..  wink

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

483 (edited by ytz 2010-07-11 08:04:39)

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/7/5/1278360285764/Kevin-Prince-Boateng-Nels-005.jpg

what i love about this picture is that nelson mandela is clearly more impressed than kevin-prince boateng.

that's the world we live in - a portsmouth midfielder commands more awe than someone who changed the world.

cuties don't exert

484 (edited by Kenzaburo 2010-07-10 13:43:09)

Ytz wrote:

re psychic octopus
every time he's made a 'prediction' he's picked a mussel from the box on the right. he just picks the box on the right.

So? If the winning team was always in the right box, of course he chose the right one then! Otherwise the prediction would not be correct you see? And he has predicted everything right in this world cup. He couldn't choose the left box because the winning team was always in the right box! Paul is god!

Chinese psychics have been going to town as well

http://www.chinahush.com/2010/07/09/bro … -in-china/

cuties don't exert

486 (edited by moguh 2010-07-10 14:07:16)

Kenzaburo wrote:

Paul is god!

Then god must die!

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

moguh wrote:
Kenzaburo wrote:

Paul is god!

Then god must die!

very metal

cuties don't exert

Oh yeah, Paul predicted the bronze match right too!!111oneoneone big_smile  yikes  lol  lol  tongue  tongue  cool  cool

funny how it was such a good game when really there was nothing at stake smile

jacderida wrote:

funny how it was such a good game when really there was nothing at stake smile

They played good BECAUSE nothing was at stake. wink  If the final is half as good as this it would be great...

"Are you loving?"

I hope brother future teleports onto the field after the game and calls down some aliens for us to meet.

the octopus thing went too far, i wonder where it began?
why bother octopus with such earthly issues?
[stupid stoned mode] octo=8, Pus=pussy? is it real? [stupid stoned mode - off]

besides, lasts night match was good.
i hope NL will have good game tonight

didn't the octopus make predictions for euro 2008?

cuties don't exert

yes, octopus did... octupus failed in the euro final btw. spain won sad 

everybody expect a triumph for spain tonight, also Paul, the octupus, but I really hope the dutchies will do (I am fan of villain van Bommel big_smile), they need their first win in a world cup, I am with them! :crossed fingers:

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

me too, i hope this fucking octo-muschi will fail this time and holland will win smile

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

Haha .. trust the Oktopüs !!!  big_smile

497 (edited by kuczera 2010-07-11 11:39:21)

it seems octupus paul only fails at finales.. if not we will pay him a visit and he ends up in the soup big_smile

Vlam Aan

almost time to kick some spanish ass! big_smile

Hahha..i heard the psychic octo-muschi has been getting death threats ever since he predicted the Spain over Germany result. lol

Hope for a classic game tonite...

Let's get Dumb

haha the real villain is de Jong