551 (edited by ytz 2010-07-12 17:39:27)

Re: World Cup thread

Johann Cruyff wrote:

On Thursday they asked me from Holland 'Can we play like Inter? Can we stop Spain in the same way Mourinho eliminated Barça?'

I said no, no way at all. I said no, not because I hate this style – I said no because I thought that my country wouldn't dare to and would never renounce their style. I said no because, without having great players like those of the past, the team has its own style.

I was wrong. Of course I'm not hanging all 11 of them by the same rope, but almost. They didn't want the ball.

And regrettably, sadly, they played very dirty. So much so that they should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage.

It hurts me that I was wrong in my disagreement that instead Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title.

This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style, yes it served the Dutch to unsettle Spain. If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they ended up losing. They were playing anti-football.

cuties don't exert

Who is Johann Cruyff?

the only dutchman with any remorse

The problem I had with the ref was that all of his calls seemed like make up calls rather than the right calls...

Still, better team won, etc etc

Johan Cruyff's opinion on this final is interesting cause he's Dutch authority on soccer (still, although that becomes weaker) and lived his half life or so in Spain.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Johan Cruyff's opinion on this final is interesting cause he's Dutch authority on soccer (still, although that becomes weaker) and lived his half life or so in Spain.

This guy is totally overrated. His 'houdbaarheidsdatum' has expired way back.
Always these super logical straightforward oneliners but no spine to back it up.
Been an excellent player and coach in the past but annoying nowadays.

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
Scarface wrote:

This guy is totally overrated. His 'houdbaarheidsdatum' has expired way back.
Always these super logical straightforward oneliners but no spine to back it up.
Been an excellent player and coach in the past but annoying nowadays.

Yeah, tell me about it...and I understand people are fed up with him. All I meant was in this particular case, with his background, Holland Vs. Spain, it's quite interesting what he has to say about that, don't you think?

"Are you loving?"

I think it was predictable.

559 (edited by Scarface 2010-07-12 20:00:42)

The game (yes it was) or Cruyff (no he wasn't)? smile

edit:

O.k. you mean, what he was said was predictable....but not untrue also.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Yeah, tell me about it...and I understand people are fed up with him. All I meant was in this particular case, with his background, Holland Vs. Spain, it's quite interesting what he has to say about that, don't you think?

He didn't finish the job in 1974, abandoned us in 1978. Fuck 'm

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

That's how the Dutch praise their foolballheroes...  roll

"Are you loving?"

That is how I value his comment, he is and always will be the best player we ever had.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

Ruud Gullit is da best

Kenzaburo wrote:

Ruud Gullit is da best

fo sho he has the biggest dick

Yeah, the bulge is quite nice wink

@Moguh
Alright, then.

Meanwhile, I thought playing this tune would be fitting here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZZSLewPEN8[/youtube]

"Are you loving?"

567 (edited by ytz 2010-07-12 20:54:36)

[joke] I was on a date last night and my companion asked me if I wanted to 'go Dutch' on a restaurant bill. So I raked my studs down her chest, shouted at the maître d' and then left in tears [/joke]

cuties don't exert

568 (edited by jacderida 2010-07-13 08:57:24)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog … statistics

the amount of stats that has been collected is pretty incredible - data is available on a per player basis!

somebody used that data to produce this, the amount of fouls committed per team:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8448/6a010534b1db25970b0133f.png

guess who came out on top? smile

Not so suprising huh.. If you play the most matches you end up somewhere in the top.
An average per match would be more convenient. But yes, Holland plays tough.
But have a look at Mexico, only four matches total and on place 4. Or Paraguy.

It was in another topic (elections) I said the majority of the Dutch are rude and lack manners, are bad listeners and quite convinced of their own opinion. The Dutch also are allergic to populism, in politics this shows. Maybe we should make rugby (American footbal?) popular.

Btw,there are a few good books written- not by the Dutch- about the Dutch, a good laugh and mostly true.

Strictly Rockaas

I thought dutch were a bit greedy and money oriented, but that's because of your trader past ..

572 (edited by Scarface 2010-07-13 21:08:48)

Have the nondutch-people suddenly become holy or something? C'mon man we're only human...

But as we're at it here some other quotes in the press to cheer the dutch people up...

"Fact is, the Dutch got what they deserved. Nothing."

"Oranje was lured by the dark side and paid the price. Arguably, even a bigger price than just the WC title.""

And even a classic:

"Ghoete states that oranges appeals only rude and uncivilized people."

Taken from this article (dutch only, sorry):
http://extra.volkskrant.nl/opinie/artik … eur_oranje

"Are you loving?"

573 (edited by Chilli Perez 2010-07-13 22:39:12)

Robben must score twice and Holland would be the wold champion 2010, easy like that. But instead of doing his job, he prefered to dribble through two or three players and then lose the ball to a fourth or he was fallen theatrical. I hate his selfish attitude. Also a really bad habit is that both teams called for cards after each foul. Annoying to see that.

And what about van Persie? I haven't seen him shot on the goal and why let Bert him playing instead of bringing Huntelaar for him? Van Persie was so weak during the whole tournament.

http://i46.tinypic.com/vpyr6e.jpg

Haters gonna Hate!   big_smile

574 (edited by gardi 2010-07-14 10:23:51)

I was disappointed in the final, I wanted the Dutch to win, mostly because I hate watching the Spanish (and yes I know the can play wonderful football) but I find 3 yard passes between 3 players in the middle, super dull. I also hate Busquets more than any other player, diving twat!

Half-Man...Half-Wolf...

Obi1r wrote:

It was in another topic (elections) I said the majority of the Dutch are rude and lack manners, are bad listeners and quite convinced of their own opinion. The Dutch also are allergic to populism, in politics this shows. Maybe we should make rugby (American footbal?) popular.

Btw,there are a few good books written- not by the Dutch- about the Dutch, a good laugh and mostly true.

where do you learn all this stereotype crap?  smile

TB or not TB