Re: Dutch - opinion

The biggest difference between dutchies and belgians to me is that the dutch are more direct and belgians dont show their true feelings as for a dutch person he will tell you how he thinks very soon. The perfect thing would be somewhere in between. when i'm in belgium i'm more reserved than i normally will be but when i'm with close belgian friends i can be my loud mouthed dutch self, it just needs some time.

The thing i like about belgian people is that they have their own style, in music clothing and thinking.
the dutch are more followers of marketing and bad hypes. dutch guys and girls look like what the coolcat shop is selling that year and besides electro subculture most music and specially rock/pop in holland sucks terrible ass. We had some cool rockbands in holland over many years and in belgium
they have many cool rockbands in a year.

That Brussel/halle/Vilvoorde thing is fucking belgium up for now, maybe best to leave it like it was, now its deviding people and polarising or how you call it. a little nationalism cant hurt but you're not gone get harmony in a country that cant be split up, dont know about that de Wever dude.. vlaams belang, nva, their at least smarter than our Geert and are more suphisticated in pushing their right wing opinions trough which makes it more dangerous. as for holland well get another meaningless government like always

politics is shite, robots for president tongue

27 (edited by Aftering 2010-07-14 20:20:12)

SUY wrote:

The biggest difference between dutchies and belgians to me is that the dutch are more direct and belgians dont show their true feelings as for a dutch person he will tell you how he thinks very soon. The perfect thing would be somewhere in between.

I agree, best thing should be in between. It is true that we Belgians are way more reserved, modest and discreet then Holland people. That's just how we are mainly educated in our childhood. Meaning you can't say whatever you want whenever you want. Or shout and being loud, we just "usually" prefer to be little more discrete. That's our vision of politeness I guess..

But as a Belgian I honestly don't think it's for the better to be as quiet comparing to other countries generally speaking. It just appears to be more polite in a world overruled by manners, but it doesn't make life better ans smoother...
When I speak to some people over here I sometimes want to shake them out so that they wake up a little and live there lives instead of trying to be as much invisible as possible big_smile   

Spend your vacation in Spain with people from Holland, Germany, UK, Belgium and you will clearly feel the difference.. This is what a typical Belgian thinks about the people on those vacations (again, very generally speaking)

- UK: Much loudness, much beer, pretty rude manners, ugly loud girls or should I say half boys?
- Germany: much loudness, ugly language, pretty strict cold looking and handling, mostly superb looking girls..
- Holland: Very open and loud. sometimes arrogant, still the nicest to meet in comparison with the rest, especially for the party. 

In professional life I also met those different countries on different occasions, and i have to say my personal judgment is very different then. Way more positive, except for the ugly and superficial UK girls, haha!

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

Aftering wrote:

Way more positive, except for the ugly and superficial UK girls, haha!

But they have the biggest tits big_smile

Strictly Rockaas

...and you forgot the Dutch women Aftering, shame on you.

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

as long as they're not talking...

Zubeldia wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

As long they are not Dutch... haha

Strictly Rockaas

Zubeldia wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

lol

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

some years ago during a 10days off evening I met this Dutch girl who made the effort to speak Flemish ...
now that is a definately a turn on big_smile
nice tits too [/gets slapped by the Mrs]

which girls have the biggest tits in europe?

that's what we're all thinking.

cuties don't exert

The British girls, ytz & all...
Some time ago there was an inquiry about this.

Strictly Rockaas

is that because there's more fatties in britain  sad

cuties don't exert

shape should count for more in case of boobies (this topic is going sexist)

so many belgian beatifull girls and the speak sexy too  cool

let's all wank furiously!!

cuties don't exert

True, there's almost no sexier accent than Belgium or French.... Rrrrrrrr
But lets stay on topic. Years ago I sometimes went to Antwerp for a good night disco. Better music, more style, less commercial shit... that all was just a little bit before they gave a name for the music style, newbeat.
There was one club name I can remember 'The Prestige', although there was another small & dark club at De Grote Markt (where the big church is) in Antwerp.
The Fuse in Bruxelles was good too!

Strictly Rockaas

40 (edited by Aftering 2010-07-15 19:03:59)

Well if we go waaay back I would like to remember a club called Boccaccio here in Belgium. Believe me, this was THE end back then.. If you like new beat, that's the place you had to go. In those days we can proudly say we pioneered a lot, and  for a small country we also always had nice clubs in different music genres. Many underground parties also. I also remember a long time ago we had a club in a real church, called Holy Ghost. What a fantastic sound with the dj booth on the altar big_smile  But that was the past, many things changed since over here. Still some nice place to go party, but you have to know about...

I wonder how that is evolved in other countries like Holland for example?

Aftering wrote:

I was wondering the same, are Belgian people tired of getting out? If a party has an attendance of 50 people, that's a lot nowadays.

"A Real Music Hater"

ytz wrote:

let's all wank furiously!!

done.

43 (edited by SUY 2010-07-16 14:33:06)

Aftering wrote:

Well if we go waaay back I would like to remember a club called Boccaccio here in Belgium. Believe me, this was THE end back then.. If you like new beat, that's the place you had to go. In those days we can proudly say we pioneered a lot, and  for a small country we also always had nice clubs in different music genres. Many underground parties also. I also remember a long time ago we had a club in a real church, called Holy Ghost. What a fantastic sound with the dj booth on the altar big_smile  But that was the past, many things changed since over here. Still some nice place to go party, but you have to know about...

Dont know about holland but I agree that the early years in belgium were a special era.
Early nineties in particular. My home wasnt far from Cherry moon so we drove on our moped to the place. It was a good combination of blissfull trance and in the late hours the real detroit classics.
But those were the early nineties. Anybody enjoyed rave explosion parties? Quality techno it was.
good parties over there untill like 97 when bad taste overruled good taste. Even razia's were fun then. When you bumped into somebody or stepped on a toe by accident you became friends with the person. later on you could get a beerglass smashed in the face in the same situation. Feeling old by saying the lame "it was better back in those days" but it was. Hard to explain it to the youngsters

Did all the clubs but didnt make it to bocaccio, when I was planning a visit it got closed the week after.
Bocaccio style is still a trademark for good new beat or euphoric early piano trance/rave

very intresting topic, i love you dutch and wanted your fuzzball team to win this one. Allthough bit rough for my taste it was good tactics, but be happy for the fine silver your team took home this year, its a big thing and something to be proud of smile

Just based on my experience watching... a variety of film stars... the Hungarian chicks are the hottest  big_smile

east european girls are hot, but my fantasies always spiral out of control and they bring their families round and tell me what life was like under stalin and i end up providing for a family of six.

cuties don't exert

mushaden wrote:

Just based on my experience watching... a variety of film stars... the Hungarian chicks are the hottest  big_smile

Know we know what kind of movies you're watching smile

But hey, lets mention the Dutch police instead of girls or football. Last time there was this advice again on TV; as a Dutchman we should tone down quite a bit if you try heated negotiations when stopped by the police, in another country. In The Netherlands it is quite common we raise our voice and try to settle our opinion, and we can be harsch (until a certain degree ofcourse) but I'm convinced we do this enywhere else we cross a line very fast... and make things worse.

Strictly Rockaas

Obi1r wrote:
mushaden wrote:

But hey, lets mention the Dutch police instead of girls or football. Last time there was this advice again on TV; as a Dutchman we should tone down quite a bit if you try heated negotiations when stopped by the police, in another country. In The Netherlands it is quite common we raise our voice and try to settle our opinion, and we can be harsch (until a certain degree ofcourse) but I'm convinced we do this enywhere else we cross a line very fast... and make things worse.

yes, you certainly don't want to show your typical Dutch attitude to, say a German or French policeman.. you'll get it with the billy-club, or they'll open a can of mace on your ass  big_smile

I had to run real fast for the cozzers once in Cologne. We're on a roadtrip with our high school to some kind of Roman empire museum near that neat cathedral. so me and a mate are strolling by the shops and puffing away like we were in Amsterdam or something, completely oblivious to the possible legislations/consequences. All of a sudden this dude in a beige uniform taps us on the shoulder, and before he could say one word or properly grab us, we're running our 15-year old legs off from under us... and got back at the school bus in time for the ride home.. no worse country for my habits and blood pressure then Die Heimat  tongue

Obi1r wrote:
mushaden wrote:

When i get stopped by the police in Belgium with my yellow plate you can see when they walk towards the car that they are gonne fuck you up, only when i twist my accent the mood turns.

I once was stopped close to Berlin and was negotiating like an hour with the man till he got so tired about it he let me go. Little did he know of what villain i was, a good car search could have expanded my german visit by several years. real happy it didnt and it was a good reality check for beeing so stupid and young.

http://api.ning.com/files/k8eTI46aPmEVlQpVwzqs697IWPYd9R5InIrQco8zBZcrijVmVhwxFIHNANdGu2iIBHb-kgdzyCHh*YnKK7A8846dxyHFoCeg/denederlandsevlag.jpg