Re: Should I buy...

maybe you can wait for a Tx-7, they come up for 60$ sometimes.

yeah, there's a million variations. think I'm just gonna pass.

no-fi wrote:

I like the 4 op FM better than 6 op. especially the later mk II kind, like the 802 and the DX7II.

I recommend TX81z or DX100 FTW!!

Ha, so I'm not the only one. I never touch my DX7 and I constantly use my DX100.

well, i bought the lefthanded johnson fretless bass yesterday. while digging a little deeper into the subject and looking what else was available, this bass from the UK dropped about 30 euro in price because of the pound falling rapidly..

280 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-12-27 19:16:54)

no-fi wrote:

I had a DX7mkIIfd for years, and sold it. I like the 4 op FM better than 6 op. especially the later mk II kind, like the 802 and the DX7II.

I recommend TX81z or DX100 FTW!!

better get the DX21 instead of the DX100, cheaper, exactly the same sound but you can use 2 sounds at a time, has a pitch envelope and analog chorus and some extra sniff & bits. The 4 operator DX's are definitely better for techno and house stuff, the 6 op DX7's are more good at soundtrack/ambient shit etc.

The DX7IID synth is a very deep hi-end synthesizer (imo the best FM synth there is) which can make some amazing sounds no other synth can make
(And the keyboard version is definitely easier to edit then the rack). If you like Brad Fiedel Terminator/Marc Cains Airwolf/John Carpenter The Thing type sounds you gonna love it

Are 4 ops better for house/techno because they are just easier to use? Can't you just use a 6 op as a 4 op or are the algorithms set up differently? Or does it have to do with the non sine waveforms?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKNOS5mV-aA

damn, that was awesome....it also makes me really wanna listen to right by the moon...

284 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-12-27 22:02:47)

Honey Peters wrote:

Are 4 ops better for house/techno because they are just easier to use? Can't you just use a 6 op as a 4 op or are the algorithms set up differently? Or does it have to do with the non sine waveforms?

Programming 6 or 4 ops is kind of the same its just that the 4 ops presets are so well known in lots of legendary techno and house tracks. And they sound kind of simpler more basic "ghetto" rawer compared to the big sounds of the esoteric DX7IID.  Most 4 op DX's also just use sine waveforms (except the DX11 = TX81Z, YS-series).

Ofcourse there a zillions of legendary tracks that use DX7 sounds too (probably half or more of all italo also)

285 (edited by speculator 2008-12-27 22:06:01)

someone buy me a dx7 for my birthday.. it is coming up in april..

edit.. now that i think about it, i want a jd 800.

better get a JD990 + vintage card

Its cool tho the Convextion sound (and Model 500 deep space neptune etc.)

yeah but the 990 ain;t got no sliders and that is the whole reason i want the jd800.. you are missing the point. plus it is real big like an suv..

a studiomaster 16/8 mixer?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll … NA:AU:1123

I have a tascam m-312b but I think this one might sound better....

ramos wrote:

I have one of those (i think a model just a bit later) and i quite like it. Not super quality, but better than the soundcraft thing i had before and better than any behringer or cheap mackie stuff. Don't pay too much for it though. I paid 90 euros for mine with about the same configuration (less busses but also 16 channels and 4 aux sends). Maybe 150 euros would be max. Don't know the euro/australian dollar conversion. If you can find it cheap why not try it.

ramos wrote:

Hey Ramos,
I have one of those mixers except it's mounted in a road case, no vinyl armrest for me!
The EQ is pretty cool. It has sweepable bass. But then doesn't the m312 have 3-band sweepable EQ?
8-bus is good with an 8-channel soundcard, but reuses 8 inputs (9-16) for 8-track playback.
I prefer to playback through the EQs anyway. I'd also prefer more input channels.
$450 is bit much though. I got mine a few years ago for $300, but it wasn't in as nice condition.
Each channel is on a separate PCB, so it's fairly easy to work on and uses all easily obtainable components.
Global phantom power switch, only a problem if you're mixing different condensor and dynamic mics using the preamps.

Cheers

thanks guys.  might just keep the tascam.  yeh the eq is the same.

might get me some proper monitors instead

292 (edited by victor robots 2008-12-29 16:30:42)

one guy here sells a pack : one dx7,roland d50 and the tr626, all about 600eurs

what do you think about the tr 626?

Anyone used any Apogee gear? I've been looking into the Duet for our home studio, the Ensemble's price doesn't quite match what i need for the home. (plus i'm saving up for a Groove Tubes ViPre) Anyone have one? Likes/dislikes (out side of no Digital I/O)

worship the potentiometer.

victor robots wrote:

i don't know how much the d50 is worth but 600

yeah here in Spain  prices are more expensive than other countries. Crazy.

The other day saw a juno106 that cost 800 euros :S

hans olof wrote:
victor robots wrote:

i don't know how much the d50 is worth but 600

Brian,the problem is that the 626 is already a gift if you buy both synths for that price....lol

Everyone needs Agogo & cowbells(and an extra rimshot trigger)
just take the 626 for 50

It also kind of depends if the D50 has the PG1000 programmer then the price is more normal (thats about 400-ish I guess)

i could get an roland jx-3p for about 50euros but the guy says all lamps go on if switched on but no sound comes out.
anybody knows this problem, what it could be / if it can be fixed easily?

worth getting?

thanks!

Pages Previous 1 10 11 12 13 14 87 Next

You must login or register to post a reply