Re: Should I buy...

hard to say.. could be something really simple like pushing a chip back in its socket, or something more complicated.. if you want a jx3p anyway, then buy it and take a chance, even with added repair costs you probably have a nice price.. or maybe you can fix it yourself..

yeah i think i'll get it... 50euros is a nice price if it can be fixed easily, and it's for local pick up, so maybe i'll just have a look, if he still has it. thought a roland machine would make a nice addition to my keyboards wich are korgs and yamaha..
thanks!

screenvinylimage wrote:

Anyone used any Apogee gear? I've been looking into the Duet for our home studio, the Ensemble's price doesn't quite match what i need for the home. (plus i'm saving up for a Groove Tubes ViPre) Anyone have one? Likes/dislikes (out side of no Digital I/O)

I've used an Ensemble in a place I worked at a couple of years ago.. Horrible software comes with it, really buggy at least from my experience. Nice A/D converters though, although I just tried it with neuman mics, so could well be them making it make it nicely to the hard disk wink

cimabot wrote:
screenvinylimage wrote:

Anyone used any Apogee gear? I've been looking into the Duet for our home studio, the Ensemble's price doesn't quite match what i need for the home. (plus i'm saving up for a Groove Tubes ViPre) Anyone have one? Likes/dislikes (out side of no Digital I/O)

I've used an Ensemble in a place I worked at a couple of years ago.. Horrible software comes with it, really buggy at least from my experience. Nice A/D converters though, although I just tried it with neuman mics, so could well be them making it make it nicely to the hard disk wink

At work we run a protools rig with 32 in and 64 out on apogee converters, and as far as sound goes they are a dream to work with. I mean they are really REALLY GREAT. I don't think their products in the lower price range sound noticeably different then the high end once.  It's just a matter of number of inputs and functions.

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

thx cimabot & erroraudio!

i picked up the Duet to try out and the difference in what i was using (m-audio 1814) is incredible. i also read that the Duet is the same parts as the Ensemble, just less ins and outs. Think i'm going to keep it, just listening to cds through the thing has a total crisp quality in the highs i wasn't getting before.

i think the software has improved as well cimabot.
thx again for the input!

worship the potentiometer.

Tapco s8 studio monitors -- pair -- for $200?     i need monitors.

307 (edited by miravalles 2009-01-06 12:53:30)

Hi,
A friend of mine is selling a Casio CZ-1000. He's almost convincing me to buy it from him. According to him, it's in perfect mint conditions, like new.
What do you guys think about this synth?
He wants to sell it for something around 250 euros. A bit expensive, maybe?

too expensive but nice synth smile 150 would definitely make it interesting...

309 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-01-06 13:54:21)

250 is too much. But looking at your location I dunno, perhaps they are more obscure where you are... But normally in Europe they go for around 150 euro. Most CZ's do go for about that price, only the CZ1 and especially the CZ101 can go for a bit more;. The CZ1 is probably worth more because it's rightfully considered the

Thanks for the replies.
I actually never played a CZ myself, but I do like the sound of it.
And about the price, everything here in Brasil is way too expensive, if compared to USA or Europe. The big problem are the import taxes. So, if you buy gear here in Brasil, in an authorized dealer or importer, you will pay something like double the price you would pay in Europe, sometimes even more. So, when you decide to sell your used gear, you have to consider that, even if you know that it's not worth that much.
Another issue here is the condition of the used gear. It's rare to find used, vintage synths in good conditions. I don't know why, but it seems that brazilians don't care much about their equipment. It's not that common to find good used stuff, and when you find it, usually there's something broken or not working properly.

rsprats wrote:

Tapco s8 studio monitors -- pair -- for $200?     i need monitors.

i haven't read any reviews about these, but i haven't been impressed with the Tapco mixers at all. Alesis M1's come in different sizes starting at the same price and the reviews have been pretty good on those. Plus i'm sure there are some bots on here who know other great monitors in the $200 range.

worship the potentiometer.

miravelles ... i had the cz 5000 ... interesting sound (immediately raw) and easy to program. Only parted with it because I had to move

313 (edited by plikestechno 2009-01-07 02:38:30)

I know I should buy a JD990 that's available locally with 6 cards, apparently in nice shape for only $500. But am out of cash now.

I had the money. But then I bought one of these... wink For $500 US including shipping from Japan.

http://www.hollowsun.com/donations/syncussion/sy1.jpg

I know it's a lot but it's in apparently in perfect shape. The pictures the guy sent were beautiful.

Can't wait til it gets here. Maybe the JD won't sell for awhile and I can get it in a few weeks.

if one of those 6 cards was the infamous string ensemble card you may have made a mistake.. those are 'worth' like $200 alone

315 (edited by plikestechno 2009-01-07 06:51:28)

These are the ones he has. World, Pop, Techno, Special FX, House, Orchestral.

No, along with the Nord G1 the JD990 is the only synth I'm looking for right now and would prefer to buy locally. Where was this guy last week? If I hadn't already paid for the Syncussion already I would have run to this guy's house to get this. Although I can't wait for the Syncussion. I've coveted one for a long time.

That's $500 Canadian. A nice price considering I wouldn't have to pay shipping, customs or in US dollars and all of those cards.

Oh well, guess I'll have to go soothe myself with a few hours of mayhem on my ST-305 and Octave Cat SRM tonight.

The cat is a beast.

Emu Procussion module for a little less than 100 euro?

Which one Zarkoff?

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

an1x for $200 USD?

3apkob wrote:

Emu Procussion module for a little less than 100 euro?

i would grab it, it has tons of percs and 100eur is not too much. i presume we saw the same one in ads, i contacted the seller but he said he wouldn't ship it to serbia...

Dez wrote:

an1x for $200 USD?

I have never played or seen one in person. I hear they are great VA's. I would buy for 200.  it has motion sequencer, step sequence and I think a morph maybe? I am curious how they compare to Korg and roland VA.

Honey Peters wrote:
Dez wrote:

an1x for $200 USD?

I have never played or seen one in person. I hear they are great VA's. I would buy for 200.  it has motion sequencer, step sequence and I think a morph maybe? I am curious how they compare to Korg and roland VA.

I've never played one either, but I've heard nothing but good things...I'm kinda broke, but $200 sounds like a pretty good deal.

plikestechno wrote:

I know I should buy a JD990 that's available locally with 6 cards, apparently in nice shape for only $500. But am out of cash now.

I had the money. But then I bought one of these... wink For $500 US including shipping from Japan.

http://www.hollowsun.com/donations/syncussion/sy1.jpg

I know it's a lot but it's in apparently in perfect shape. The pictures the guy sent were beautiful.

Can't wait til it gets here. Maybe the JD won't sell for awhile and I can get it in a few weeks.

syncussion rules!!!!

@computerdisco
I wasn't aware that there are more models, the ad just says Emu Procussion, I looked it up a bit, seems that Front242 used it, and that's exactly what I'm after. I already have an Alesis D4, so I think they will complement each other nicely.

@mekonin
must be the same one. sorry to steal this one from you, but I really need something like this for FFFC, we had a breakdown in our studio and now we're replacing some gear.

For $200 that an1x is a steal. mos def go buy it.

plikestechno wrote:

For $200 that an1x is a steal. mos def go buy it.

Great.  Hopefully homeboy will get back to me smile