Re: Should I buy...

TR-707 & TR-727 for 400

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

It's certainly not cheap. It's really the maximum price. So if the condition is really good (no bad psu or audio connections, no caps missing, no fader oxidization, no battery leakage, etc) and it comes with original manual and psu I guess 200 each is okay.
Somehow prices have gone up for the 7x7's, for ages they used to be 150 each but lately I only see them for 175, sometimes 200. Maybe you can convince the seller to do a 'quantum discount', tell him you really only want the 707 for 200, but you are willing to get both for 350.

Brian Chinetti wrote:

It's certainly not cheap. It's really the maximum price. So if the condition is really good (no bad psu or audio connections, no caps missing, no fader oxidization, no battery leakage, etc) and it comes with original manual and psu I guess 200 each is okay.
Somehow prices have gone up for the 7x7's, for ages they used to be 150 each but lately I only see them for 175, sometimes 200. Maybe you can convince the seller to do a 'quantum discount', tell him you really only want the 707 for 200, but you are willing to get both for 350.

Cool thanx... generaly prices are higher in denmark so if I can push him down to 320-330

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

wow, 400 euri is quite expensive. Brian's tactic seems the best way to go with the greedy seller...  I  paid 40 GBP for my 727 and (ouch!) 99p, as in pence, for my 707 due to a muppet listing it completely wrong under music memorabilia or something like that on ebay big_smile

405 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-02-04 14:32:40)

Well expensive is a bit relative... I always thought 150 each was cheap, 200 or even 250 each is more realistic. Not conform the market but realistic in terms of 'money's worth'. But I love my set, so I'm a bit biased.

@Erroraudio: if prices are higher in Denmark then I reckon 400 for the set is fair. If you can manage to talk it down with 50, you did a good job.

And don't mind cimabot, he's just damn lucky with those prices big_smile

I think they're more expensive now because every one wants them to circuit bend, which to me is dumb, but then again i don't like 'glitch' or whatever the kids make with their broken drum machines...

Yea 7x7s have really jumped..  I remember i got my 727 about a year or two ago for $75 bucks.   Now trying to get a 707 again and they sell for like $350 on ebay! Last one i had was $150 i believe.. even came with original box. 

Im in the works of getting one for hopefully around $200 smile

408 (edited by plikestechno 2009-02-04 23:01:13)

Last year before the Canadian dollar fell down I got a 202 and 707 locally for $450 Canadian. I paid $350 for the 202 and then a week later I offered him $100 for the 707 and he said OK. Crazy now with that combo probably costing well over $1000 Canadian on Ebay now.

I love my 707. That classic programming. I manage to use all the sounds (even the basketball bass drum) depending on what type of thing I want to make and it is a great controller for my other analog drum synths (drum-x, drx-1, syncussion, techstars...)

The kick on the 707 is not bad at all, it's almost in the same league as the Linndrum and Dx, imo.

definitely a decent kick on the 707, sometimes i boost it by running it through a sub-harmonic synth for more bottom boom, but it's quite a handy inexpensive drum machine to have around.

worship the potentiometer.

TONY COPS wrote:

The kick on the 707 is not bad at all, it's almost in the same league as the Linndrum and Dx, imo.

Yeah I know. I have borrowed one from a friend and I love it to bits. He says i can keep it for as long as I want, but I'm not a big fan of borrowing things for long periods of time. Plus I like the idea that all the stuff I use in my productions is my own.

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

If only they had backlit lcd's...  Any one seen this mod around?  Surely there is a huge market if there isn't.

I modded my power adaptor to use rca plugs instead, no more power cut outs when you bump it...

Erroraudio wrote:

Plus I like the idea that all the stuff I use in my productions is my own.

huh... that's a strange idea. why would it make any difference? does that also keep you from selling stuff? tongue

you have an excellent opportunity here to wait until you find a 707 for a good price.

my friends and I swap gear all the time, it saves you money when you are lusting for gear you really dont need.

Erroraudio, I get you, I'm the same.

Something about control and dependability, kind of a weird materialistic capitalistic thing though.

The guy is comming by my neibourghood tomorow so he is gonna bring the 7x7ens. The 707 has the original box and they both have original manuals and psu's.... 400

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

I almost traded my 202 for an optigan today until I went there and actually played it. Not quite what I was expecting.

wow, I understand it's a tough choice, never heard one in person.  What didn't you like?

Erroraudio wrote:

The guy is comming by my neibourghood tomorow so he is gonna bring the 7x7ens. The 707 has the original box and they both have original manuals and psu's.... 400

420 (edited by plikestechno 2009-02-08 09:07:42)

TONY COPS wrote:

wow, I understand it's a tough choice, never heard one in person.  What didn't you like?

It's really thin sounding. It's one of the later models without reverb. The discs were fun (the original 6 disc starter set) but none of the discs were really spacey at all or anything that I'd incorporate into my music. Yet still I was thinking of doing the deal because it was in perfect shape and thinking to myself "You always see 202s but when the hell do you see one of these? In such nice shape?" And excited because Edmonton's Criagslist/Kijiji is pretty terrible. But the deal breaker was the fact that it's basically impossible to record without micing it and I don't have great mics. The brothers I was going to trade with were basically selling it for the same reasons and for $700. So it was nice that they'd at least entertain a trade for a 202. They wanted my Yamaha SY1 most but that's a no go. If it was like $200 or something I probably would have just dug up some cash but the trade was a no go.

I can see why people like Money Mark and Beck and Tom Waits like em but I know I would really never use it with what I'm doing. There's a disc that just got made with krautrock sounds and mellotron sounds on it that you can buy for $100 and the same guys are making a synth pop one too but yeah can't pull the trigger.

A Korg Lambda showed up locally today for $150 but I'm pretty sure it's gone by now with all the cheapskates here. I'll give him a dingle on Friday when I actually have some cash and see if he still has it.

how is the roland D10?some guy here sells one for about 130 eurs

victor robots wrote:

how is the roland D10?some guy here sells one for about 130 eurs

You could probably find it a bit cheaper. It's a nice synth (very digital sounding, in a good way) but takes some time to program it. One slider to edit. There is a programmer, but i've never seen it. If you buy it make sure the little buttons all work and that the data slider works (mine is broken). To me it's not an 'essential' machine but if you like to lock yourself up and program alot until you somewhat master it, it can be quite good. Shame that mines totally broken really.

Does anyone have experience with the COTK modules? The Analog Delay sounds mighty fine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Yq4SsCfVs[/youtube]

Yamaha DMP 7 mixer?

I've just mucked around w logic for a while but now have apogee duet and a few synths, thought I'd try and put a mixer in between. I've got a dodgy juno 60, JX8P, Roland D110, Akai SG01v, CZ 5000, DMX w midi + a motu midi express 128. Also have access to a jupiter 4.

This may be the last device I need, but it seems cool and I like the idea of the 80's effects - ideally some sort of analog/digital handshake might take place between all these guys.

Runs at equivalent of 112 Euro. There are two available so I cd get both and cascade them. Maybe I need a bigger/better analog or other desk as well, but I can get to that. Just thought I might jump while I have the chance.

+ This is a first post, so hi to all and thanks in advance - if there's a thread where I should introduce myself, I couldn't find it.

Pages Previous 1 15 16 17 18 19 87 Next

You must login or register to post a reply