Re: Should I buy...

Shh.... OMG he is such a chatterbox...

Welcome!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

plikestechno wrote:
TONY COPS wrote:

wow, I understand it's a tough choice, never heard one in person.  What didn't you like?

I can see why people like Money Mark and Beck and Tom Waits like em but I know I would really never use it with what I'm doing. There's a disc that just got made with krautrock sounds and mellotron sounds on it that you can buy for $100 and the same guys are making a synth pop one too but yeah can't pull the trigger.

just saw this in the thread. i have no idea what model ours is and it's really glitchy, but it was free and came with every record you could buy for them at the time. we've used it a ton for sampling, the cool thing is putting the discs in upside down so it plays everything backwards, extra psychedelic. i think broadcast's first record was mostly optigan too?

for mic'ing we just dropped a sm57 on it and then cleaned out some of the noise. i don't know if i'd trade a 202 for one, but they are definitely cool things to sample from.

worship the potentiometer.

Erroraudio wrote:

Shh.... OMG he is such a chatterbox...

Welcome!

Thank you sir.

Chatterbox... Yeah I squawk a lot.

Oberheim DSX sequencer     

Don't know if I can use it but if anyone is interrestet I can give you the mail address...

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

430 (edited by Stalker 2009-03-04 13:29:14)

Korg Polysix - without midi, good condition  for 450$?

431 (edited by computerdisco 2009-03-04 15:38:41)

Yes, but you need to check what condition the battery is in:

battery replacement
http://www.oldcrows.net/~oldcrow/synth/ … epair.html

If its damaged its a pretty hardcore job if your not techy!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

432 (edited by Stalker 2009-03-05 00:54:41)

Battery was replaced with a new one. Where i can find cheap midi kit for p6?

I installed this in a friend, works and pretty easy to do.. But the build of the card is pretty crappy, have to bend pins on the connectors to get it to work.

But it works well. and Cheap too

http://www.chd-el.cz/index.php?id=399

computerdisco wrote:

have to bend pins on the connectors to get it to work

I haven't bothered writing to the guy who makes it, stupid me, but the poor quality of the card is so annoying, I keep on loosing octaves and have to re-open the synth and re-sit the card, although that doesn't always do it... computerdisco's pin bending trick is the best bet smile

What about a Roland R-70 drum machine..there's one for sale in my area, never heard of this model

Behringer Truth B2031 Active Monitors?

olivier8 wrote:

What about a Roland R-70 drum machine..there's one for sale in my area, never heard of this model

Yeah man go for it its better then a R8 etc.(imo) its pretty rare and wanted. Its also the Unit Moebius drummachine.

Should I buy a Yamaha TG77 for $120 US?

00101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00000000 01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 00101110

ok the search continues smile
I found relatively cheap Adam A7 monitors, 2nd hand (with 7 month warrantee) that i am willing to pay for.
Only one thing bothers me now - i remember being really impressed by them at the shop -
but also felt they might be "tiring" - really harsh trebles and stuff..
anyone here have experience working with them?

I've had A7's for about 18 months.  I love them! 

I don't find them tiring, but I don't monitor at extremely loud levels most of the time.  For me the issue with the A7s is at the other end of the spectrum - you'll be missing some low end if you don't add a sub.  Listen to an 808 bass drum on the A7's and you'll know what I mean.  It's not terrible by any means, but it's not all there.  On the plus side, the low end you do get from them is very detailed and tight.

Simple_CPU wrote:

i'm getting one of them buggers for a bit more than that. I don't know if it's worth it yet, but i'm taking the risk.

442 (edited by computerdisco 2009-03-11 18:17:48)

raoul wrote:
Simple_CPU wrote:

i'm getting one of them buggers for a bit more than that. I don't know if it's worth it yet, but i'm taking the risk.

Some sounds here:

http://www.synthmania.com/tg77.htm

Update on the TG77:
I splurged and bought it.
I found a really good Yahoo group dedicated to the TG77 where I downloaded about 100 sounds that other people had created as well as editing and librarian software that some complete dude had written for it.
It all works and sounds terrific to me.
If you get one Raoul, mail me and I'll give you some links etc.

I'm pretty stoked/excited.

00101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00000000 01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 00101110

unicity wrote:

I've had A7's for about 18 months.  I love them! 

I don't find them tiring, but I don't monitor at extremely loud levels most of the time.  For me the issue with the A7s is at the other end of the spectrum - you'll be missing some low end if you don't add a sub.  Listen to an 808 bass drum on the A7's and you'll know what I mean.  It's not terrible by any means, but it's not all there.  On the plus side, the low end you do get from them is very detailed and tight.

thanks for the info!
well its all set .
if all goes well, they'll be sitting in my livingroom on sunday smile

I'm eyeing a Roland Dimension-D with a quite inviting price tag, local pickup ..anyone have/had one ?

I've heard demos online, to me it's the holy grail of choruses.

There's now a similar sounding Juergen Haible pcb of the Dimension D if you can diy.

447 (edited by Erroraudio 2009-03-14 01:06:40)

Whats a fair price for a KORG VC10 .... There is one up for graps here, but he is asking 536

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

@ erroraudio... I think I would buy it... I have seen some for much more. I tried a friend's one donkeys ago in Italy and loved it since, never came across one I could afford at the right moment though.

449 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-03-15 13:38:10)

Erroraudio wrote:

Whats a fair price for a KORG VC10 .... There is one up for graps here, but he is asking 536

lowlow wrote:

I'm eyeing a Roland Dimension-D with a quite inviting price tag, local pickup ..anyone have/had one ?

I had one, its weird, its some kind of stereo expander /chorus maybe more of an exciter. The difference you can hear is very subtile imo and there are only 4 buttons on it or something you can't edit anything.
It was a little too hifi for my setup and the prices are crazy for that thing so I traded it for a Korg Trident.

Pages Previous 1 16 17 18 19 20 87 Next

You must login or register to post a reply