Re: Should I buy...

Another one: A JX8p with memory card and a flightcase for 200 euro's? Apparently 6 keys sometimes work, the other time not. You can still control it externaly by midi. I would think this is some kind of contact problem that i can easily fix myself? Has anyone ever done it?

477 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-03-24 19:56:04)

200 is a good price, normally they go for about 250.
You're probably right about the contacts. You can clean the contacts (with for instance denatured alcohol and a q-tip) or re solder them. But most of the time a good clean does the job.
I don't know exactly what the process would be on the jx8p, but on for instance the Juno you can take the entire key-board out after you detached a few cables (do remember where they go so you can reassemble it later). There's probably a rubber strip hiding all the contacts, so you'll need to remove all the keys and their springs (don't loose them!) separately in order to remove the rubber strip. Perhaps this rubber needs a bit of cleaning as well (but don't use alcohol big_smile). It's a bit of work and perhaps even a bit scary, but it's not as hard as it seems.

Thanks Brian! I'll pick it up sunday, can't wait smile

Should I buy a Casio SZ-1 sequencer for about 50 euros?

mpc1000?

i'm looking for a proper sampler,
one that can poop the best audio loops and do proper midi at the same time
mpc500 looks too small, perhaps looks are decieving, can the little one do the trick too?!?

what do you guys think? are there better alternatives? - apart from laptop and ctrlers

touch your fear, dont be afraid!

Should I get an Arp Omni 2?

I know someone who is selling one, how much do they go for?

miravalles wrote:

Should I buy a Casio SZ-1 sequencer for about 50 euros?

I never heard about that one

I see there is a manual on google, maybe download it and see what it can do

483 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-03-26 11:31:35)

I looked at one a few years ago for a colleague who bumped into it. It's almost the same as the sequencer in the CZ5000, except the CZ5000 is 8 tracks (and it's build in the synth, which seems more useful to me). And unlike the sequencer on the RZ1, I believe you can insert and delete single notes.
The SZ1 is a 4 track sequencer, but only real-time, note recording or overdub. It can hold one song in it's memory, but it does have tape dump (which requires a din plug). It has 1 midi in and 2 out, and internal and external clock. Personally I wouldn't spend my money on it, there are much more useful sequencers around. But I reckon it can be fun to use, like the Roland jsq60 can be fun...

Edit: I found the manual on my computer: http://www.sternstudio.com/SZ1_manual.pdf

Thanks for the SZ-1 manual Brian.

You're right. It could be fun to use, but I don't think it's worth to spend money on it.

TONY COPS wrote:

Should I get an Arp Omni 2?

I know someone who is selling one, how much do they go for?

I've seen some listed for $1500, and others go for $300.  I guess it depends on the shape really.  A lot of them seem pretty beat up. 

If I had the chance to get an Omni 2 that works well I'd have a hard time resisting the urge to bring it home!

I've been emailing the guy back and forth for the last 2 months, he finally had the time to take pics.
It works but tom me any non-restored omni must be seen as a project.

I was thinking of offering 300$ but I'm afraid he'll just think I'm being unreasonable.
I'll probably offer that and explain my point of view...

I got an Omni that needed a full re-cap, and all the sliders either replaced or taken apart and cleaned.

The filter mod is worth doing if you're handy with a soldering iron (or like me, got a pro to do it all).

Mine is a belter now.... the strings are pure heaven

how much did it cost you to have all that done?

DX Strech.... The unit doesn't light up when the power is on, and the guy wants 200

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

nope!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

The Dx stretch only has midi out I believe, the Dx sounds great, and it'd be nice to have extra sounds but for this price you could get 2 normal ones if you're patient.

Uh uh.... It

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

My friend just sold a fully working for

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

494 (edited by cimabot 2009-03-28 11:22:29)

TONY COPS wrote:

The Dx stretch only has midi out I believe, the Dx sounds great, and it'd be nice to have extra sounds but for this price you could get 2 normal ones if you're patient.

the stretch DX has midi in and out smile
2 DX for 200? Damn that would be cheap but I haven't seen any for that price, always way more expensive.
like I mentioned before when trying to sell my stretch on the forum, there was and still is one on ebay for 795 pounds, ridiculous... I sold mine for 300 and feel like I could have asked for a bit more but what the hell smile

Aren't you confused with the DMX? those are more expensive. Obie DX goes around 150 euros, a stretch one probably 100 more...so a broken one should not cost that much

I just sold my midi Dx on eBay for quite a lot, but the non-midi one usually goes for much much less, you can sync them with audio from your computer. 
Cool if the stretch had MIDI i/o, most I've seen had only midi out.  But there's a bunch of revisions on the Dx, I had 3 different ones myself.

Thanx all... They are quite rare in my area, that was why I got my panties in a bunch... Seems like I would have gotten robed blind so thanx.

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Omni fix....

A few hundered quid for the Omni and some mods to a 101 too but I can't remember the exact sum. I got Tony Allgood to do it - one of the best so I'm told...  http://www.oakleysound.co.uk
I got the Omni for free so it was worth reviving. It needed a new power supply too, something else to watch out for as it's this that usually fries the caps.
It's mega rare to see one for sale that is working 100%.

Fostex 2440 ..very Large mixer.
maybe too large for what it does..any opinion? max price?
i can test it over a weekend and bring it back if i'm not satisfied..

http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/34/d6/b1d9_1.JPG

what's the standard price for Casio Cz-1000?