926 (edited by plikestechno 2009-10-05 22:27:59)

Re: Should I buy...

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers now. I'd rather have the cash but...

We have temporarily agreed to SH-101 and $200 USD (don't want his bassstation or a-station) for the Nord Modular with Wizoo book and MIDI cables. We pay to ship to each other which is quite a bit considering I'm in Canada and he is in Israel.

927 (edited by plikestechno 2009-10-06 00:00:43)

Deal done. I don't think I gave the Nord enough of a chance but everything sounded the same to me and my Oasys PCI sounds way better and is way easier to use.

Excited for the 101, my friend has one and I love it. And the vintage stuff will just get more and more rare. And cash in the pocket is always nice.

Yamaha TX-7 for $75....anyone have any experience with this guy?

Dez wrote:

Yamaha TX-7 for $75....anyone have any experience with this guy?

Is that the one that looks like Rico Tubbs' alarm clock?

TX-7 is okay, soundwise it's really exactly like a DX-7. But you need either a DX-7 or a software DX editor to use it. Some settings can be changed from the front, but non are sound parameters. Filled with some (user-) presets it's a good companion for hooking up to your (live-) sequencer or for layering sounds with a 2nd DX. As for me, in the studio I hardly ever used it, editing it was too much hassle for me. I got rid of mine cause I had no need for it, I already had 2 DX's, one of which I also hardly ever use.
I reckon the price is fine, here in Holland they go for around 75 euro.

ARP 2600, 4000 Euro?

Roland System 100m
1x 191-j, 2x 110, 2x140
He is asking for

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Commodore 64 with MSSIAH MIDI interface cartridge and AV cables - $180 US

cloud9 wrote:

which SID chip does it have? I think that it is probably too much, maybe if it came with a monitor and a floppy drive...
you can get C64s here on flea markets for peanuts. you can buy enough till you find one with good chip. and MSSIAH costs 50eur (75$) brand new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOGdZY-6 … r_embedded
jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa jajajaja ja ... me likes!

touch your fear, dont be afraid!

If it comes with MSSIAH and everything looks and works properly and you're not paying for shipping that's not the worst deal in the world.

937 (edited by cloud9 2009-10-16 21:31:16)

mekonin wrote:
cloud9 wrote:

which SID chip does it have? I think that it is probably too much, maybe if it came with a monitor and a floppy drive...
you can get C64s here on flea markets for peanuts. you can buy enough till you find one with good chip. and MSSIAH costs 50eur (75$) brand new.

thanks meko i thought it was a bit steep too but i didn't want to bash the price without knowing a whole lot about the item yet. what do you think is a fair price to ask?

he 'believes' it has the 8050 btw

Try $100. Maybe settle for $140-$150.

well, actually, i'm not sure that 8050 exists! i think that there are just 6581 and 8580, of which only the 6581 rev4 and 8580 rev5 are worth the hassle. every owner of MSSIAH knows this for sure, so there is a chance that this guy is trying to sell you the not-so-worthy SID.

here's the page from MSSIAH manual about SID chips:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5830/gviewu.png

also, my friend sold his C64 that he modded for MSSIAH for 30eur and it had a very good SID chip, so if you can make sure that everything works fine and the SID is the right one (make sure the filter is working properly), then lower the price some more and take it.

way to expensive if you ask me
here is a link to dutch synthforum where a c64 with mssiahwas sold for 40 euros only weeks ago
http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showthr … ght=mssiah

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

great. thanks for the tips guys will let u know how this works out

Is the eminent T250 any good? Or even better, is it anything like the eminent 310 Unique?

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

943 (edited by plikestechno 2009-10-21 09:32:18)

Ah piss. I'm completely broke ass now just as someone decides to throw up a perfect condition RE-301 on my local Kijiji for $650.

hey guys, should i bid on this? i don't know shit about synths...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … K:MEWAX:IT

Hysteric, In my opinion no that's very expensive for that synth! I had the poly-800 which is almost the same as poly-61, they sound plasticky but that can be nice sometimes. But they're definitely not worth what that guy is asking

946 (edited by Septicstudio 2009-10-22 11:39:16)

hysteric wrote:

dont do it...

that drumbox has got no MIDI (that midiport on it is only dinsync for syncing) and the synth is a very basic DCO thing....if you really need that specific Korg Poly61 sound maybe, but otherwise get something more modern hehe

Vintage isnt all that good as the hype tells, it sounds okay ofc, but handling/progging/voice counts etc are so mediocre on those old things... (not to mention you wont have fresh keys and knobs, but sticky, skippy and just not new feel to it)

And the real good vintage synths arent affordable anyways nowadys...(like beginning from 2000 orso)
The rest is easily replaceable by modern stuff...really smile

Perhaps looks at at BLofeld, DSI Tetra or stuff like that..just a suggestion.

Those cheap DCo synths are nice as a complementation in a large studio, where there are more workhorses around, but as the only or 2nd synth or so , I wouldnt advise it.

EDIT:

And yeah: its way overpriced

hysteric wrote:

Borrow my Juno6 or jx-3p and a drum machine( you will like the dmx), they are gathering dust until I finish unpacking and work out where the hell i'm putting it all.

cool, thanks for the advice!
Maybe i'll look at some modern gear after all. i'm just after something to mess around with, without spending too much.

ramos wrote:

Borrow my Juno6 or jx-3p and a drum machine( you will like the dmx), they are gathering dust until I finish unpacking and work out where the hell i'm putting it all.

i may take you up on that wink

hysteric wrote:

cool, thanks for the advice!
Maybe i'll look at some modern gear after all. i'm just after something to mess around with, without spending too much.

ramos wrote:

i may take you up on that wink

those electribes are really nice to start with ESX1 EMX1, or the older ones, not too expensive and a 2nd hand microkorg XL or so, then you have a real neat, rather okay sounding, tweakable technoconrner smile

i got an offer for Mackie 32-8 8 bus console for 800eur, haven't got a look of it yet, should i bother to, guys?