Re: Should I buy...

plikestechno wrote:

Alos would you rather go for a JX3P over a Juno 60? A couple in these parts have popped up for $200-$300 recently. I keep hearing about what a great synth it is.

yes, if you get a the jx with the pg controller.

jx3p is totally different from the juno60, and has a much less 'classic' sound. but its way way way more versatile and interesting, and the built in sequencer is very cool. if you see one for 200-300 w/ the programmer, grab it without hesitation. even without the programmer, it's still worth easily 200-300.

a pair of alesis monitor one mk11 active for 100euro to replace my curront hifi speakers

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

ProjectGenocide wrote:

a pair of alesis monitor one mk11 active for 100euro to replace my curront hifi speakers

used em for years, not really hi-end but if you like BASS it is the set to get in this segment smile
It booms really hard in the low end, i believe it has one of the lowest freq responses (without subwoofer) like 15 hz or so, that is really not seen often in this range and size...

Alesis M1 mkII + TR808 Bass = Crumbling walls

ok and is it a bit usable in low volume (because of my room mates) and is the price ok? i think it is but dont see many for sale lately

ProjectGenocide wrote:

ok and is it a bit usable in low volume (because of my room mates) and is the price ok? i think it is but dont see many for sale lately

2 x yes I think.

ok great thnx
think im gonna pick m up tomorrow

pck it up, that is a good price, almost half of what they're worth (if they are in good shape)

Akai XR20 for 120$, it's like a handheld game.

dont know if the price is right but its one of the drummachine i really like to own one day

TONY COPS wrote:

Akai XR20 for 120$, it's like a handheld game.

if you wanna make street beats and hip hop smile Not too much really disko/electro/techno inside, more "acoustic" and hiphop stuff

I would rather advise an Alesis SR16 or even better an SR18

120 aint much ofc...

how much does cr-78 go for? there is one in craigslist right now for $640 with one missing knob

cloud9 wrote:

how much does cr-78 go for? there is one in craigslist right now for $640 with one missing knob

I paid a bit over 300 euro incl MIDI, but that was a few years ago..

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:
cloud9 wrote:

wow, nice! there's a midified one on there for $1,000 US... :\

cloud9 wrote:
Freek wrote:
cloud9 wrote:

wow, nice! there's a midified one on there for $1,000 US... :\

1000 is quite a lot, you must really love it to pay that kind of money... better find a good tech that can midify it for you.. I must say the midi mod on this one is pretty handy because it lacks a good stepseq like the tr- machines have..
I wouldnt pay more than (max) 300 without and 400/450 with midi if I were you.. (Euro's that is)

TB or not TB

I thimk prices went up a lot the past 2 years so i think they are 400 - 500 now.
And Freeks is right about that midi stuff.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

1,117 (edited by Freek 2010-01-03 17:55:58)

mono-poly wrote:

I thimk prices went up a lot the past 2 years so i think they are 400 - 500 now.
And Freeks is right about that midi stuff.

what would you consider a fair price with midi nowadays mono? The prices I wrote down is what I would pay max..

TB or not TB

1,118 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2010-01-03 21:36:59)

1000$ for a pimped up organ rhythm box thats a bit ridicolous...even 640$ seems a lot but maybe thats what they are worth...be sure it has the programmer module

What do Korg K55's do today I want one of those, if anyone has one for sale

you mean kr55?

100-200 euro, i bought one myself last year..

yeah $1000 definitely seems overpriced i didn't know if i was missing somethin?
i'm looking for some perccussions to go along with my 707. of course would love and have thought of the 808 but it will be an eternity before i can ever afford it . was also lookin into gettin the kr-55 as it's cheap and good sounds. i'm going to see what the best price i can get from the guy with the cr-78 cause he also has a kenton pro solo that i would like to get from him.

just get a cr-68 if you want the cr-78 sounds. it'll be probably less than 300 bux, and who needs to program rhythms anyway? :-P
kr-55 is a better sounding drum machine than either of them, too.

SOS wrote:

just get a cr-68 if you want the cr-78 sounds. it'll be probably less than 300 bux, and who needs to program rhythms anyway? :-P

the CR78 has some interesting sounds you dont find on other machines, so comparing is just a matter of taste...

TB or not TB

Pretty shure in getting a nord lead 2 with flightcase for 600 now, but....
something tells me the price is a bit high.
I probably will pick up personally first to have a look.

oops that was score100 posting^

SOS wrote:

btw: the Soundmaster Stix can be a nice alternative too..

TB or not TB