Re: Should I buy...

It's very annoying.  I paid extra for the XL version as it's supposed to allow your MIDI equipment to show up as VST instrument for editing within the song.

Some money I was expecting to transfer over from paypal didn't so no D-50 for me. Had first dibs though.

Ebay resale wasn't as high as I thought it was so no big loss. Probably would have gone straight to the bay. Th PG for sure. The prices for all PGs are starting to get out of hand. And they really only help perform the most basic functions.

tried out that midiquest xl on my d-50.. seems to work somehow, but it seems to have problems communicating with my synths (all of them). it is unable to download full patches to the librarian, and when i call a single sound to edit it, it always brings sound 1:1 no matter what. also the font in the editor is too big somehow, so it is really crappy to see what is where in the editor.  maybe it's just this demo version, dunno, but i'm a bit sceptic to spend money on something that does the job just so and so..

oh and a sidenote. it seems that my portamento button does nothing. shoud it work (light up ect.) just by pressing it like the chase button above it? any tips how to clean those d-50 push buttons, since one or two need a bit harder pressing ..

1,229 (edited by Septicstudio 2010-02-05 09:41:30)

Koova wrote:

It's very annoying.  I paid extra for the XL version as it's supposed to allow your MIDI equipment to show up as VST instrument for editing within the song.

you know that in your prefs you can make a VST of the installed editormodules. Logic doesnt support VST so iI never cheked it.

But really it works good here, I  use an akai MPK49 to adjust for instance all 4 ADSRs of the 4 partials with 4 sliders only .

So slider 1 on my akai controlls Attack of partial 1/2/3/4, in other words you can stack other synthcontroller under one midi CC.

But you must see that the mdichannel of the editor and your sequencer doesnt interfere. Perhaps 10XL only works good on the Mac side, that can be, you guys all using PCs?

It is a bit a alternatve version of Sounddiver etc, I was not able to use that one any good when I used Logic 4-6 on PC

BTW with the full version you can add all other modules via their FTP site in your library.
I use it next to the other edtor I got for the FS1R , for the FS1R too, works okay too. Even better coz it tends not to choke the FS1R whene editing and playing at the same time.

Well too bad it doenst work for you guys, I am really happy with it, and like I said I sold my PG1000 coz I felt no use for it anymore. Was tired of forgetting to switch from partial editing to upper/lower edting, so you fucked up your patch when editing the wrong feature set hehe

ill get the poly 61 tommorow

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

still my d50 portamento button does nothing.. shoud it work just simply by pressing it?

elka solist 505 for 50e would be nice netx to the poly 61 im gonna pic up tomorow.. and I pas the town where the 505 is on my way to get the poly....

o and its the ''accordion versie''

A guy is selling a MAM ADX-1 for 160e... It it worth a shot?

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Totaly!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Oh that's an excellent price. Very quirky and awesome drum box.

you should error great little drumsynth!

ProjectGenocide wrote:

elka solist 505 for 50e would be nice netx to the poly 61 im gonna pic up tomorow.. and I pas the town where the 505 is on my way to get the poly....

Many of those mid-seventies semi-preset monothings are very haunting and charming. I recently picked up a Siel Cruise and it's instant Klaus Schultze (although i doubt if Klaus ever used one...). Would love to put my hands on a Farfisa Syntorchestra...
I always heard the poly61 was kind of bland sounding. Is it very different from a Polysix?

AKA Jujumen...

The Poly61 is totally different to a PolySix. It sits right between the poly 800 and the poly six.  It has 2 osc rather than one and is more plastic than the PolySix but it can produce a wider set of timbres. But thats not to say it doesn't sound analogue. The limitations come from the 7 steps of resonance but over all it can make some superb sounds. Chick it through a efx unit and it sings. 
To add Midi you can install this DIY kit. http://www.angelfire.com/geek/srlabs/p6retro.html
Check this Film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-f43zaspw

Monza wrote:
ProjectGenocide wrote:

Many of those mid-seventies semi-preset monothings are very haunting and charming. I recently picked up a Siel Cruise and it's instant Klaus Schultze (although i doubt if Klaus ever used one...). Would love to put my hands on a Farfisa Syntorchestra...
I always heard the poly61 was kind of bland sounding. Is it very different from a Polysix?

Siel Cruise is dope!

TB or not TB

1,241 (edited by teknob 2010-02-07 20:57:35)

it seems Frankfurt has a few Atari ST's up on Quoka:
http://www.quoka.de/musik-equipment/stu … 54183.html

should i? An STE with Cubase was my 1st midi sequencer. It used to rock... but gosh I hate floppy drives these dayz

Or if somebody else her wants it.. go ahead

Monza wrote:
ProjectGenocide wrote:

just gave the 505 and 61 a new temporary space in my little bunker hooked my kpr 77 on maybe ill make alittle recording so u can hear the 505

teknob wrote:

it seems Frankfurt has a few Atari ST's up on Quoka:
http://www.quoka.de/musik-equipment/stu … 54183.html

should i? An STE with Cubase was my 1st midi sequencer. It used to rock... but gosh I hate floppy drives these dayz

Or if somebody else her wants it.. go ahead

this is a mega ste, the best and fastest ST. this also has an internal HD (the one i still have has 50MB scsi), so no need for a floppy drive.. big_smile

30euro is a good price for a complete atari mega st. if you need something you can

What about a Novation Drumstation (v1) for 100

stamba wrote:

stamba wrote:

00101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00000000 01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 00101110

1,248 (edited by Septicstudio 2010-02-09 09:38:32)

stamba wrote:

Thank you guyz !

I closed the deal and bought it wink

Septicstudio wrote:

do it stamba, i got 2 x DStation (1 as spare) and i will never sell it, it is a lot bang for the buck. And indeed many outptus for mixer processing/eq'ing and DINSYNC

And really if you know anything about mixing it comes to 95% to a real TR minus the sequencer...really

I often dont hear the difference between my 808 and the DStation, well there is some difference, but not that the one is better or worse than the other...Only the HH lack a bit of hiss and sissling on the DStations, use a HPF on it and some processing to make it come more alive and your set.

+1
true spoken, septicstudio.
the 909 is really fat. and i agree with the hihats.
too bad two of my outputs are damaged.

Pages Previous 1 48 49 50 51 52 87 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB