Re: Should I buy...

How does it sound? What are its features? I mean for 80e if it sounds ok why not?

plikestechno wrote:

How does it sound? What are its features?

That's what I'm asking about wink.

Should I buy a Siel Opera 6 plus Roland S-760 fully equipped for 350 eur alltogether?

Tandberg 6000x reel recorder?

Tandberg made fine recorders, but parts will be sparse and because its age chances are you'll need some replacements. But if it's working okay and all you want to do is see what tape can do for you, and you can get it for like 25 euro or less, you might give it a shot. My first recorder was an old consumer quarter track Philips I got for 50 euro and it worked fine enough to get me hooked to tape. However, if you expect something more worthwhile and be done with it, you'd better look for a Teac/Tascam or Revox/Studer, as parts for these brands are easier to get (although for Studer/Revox they tend to be more expensive than Teac).

i have used a friends revox b77 for master recordings, but i can't keep going there for ever, so i would like something similar to have at home. i think the guy is asking something like 100e for it. it comes with a pile of tape reels, but as you say 25 euro or so, it might be too expensive just to try out if i like it or not tongue

Hmm yeah, 100 is a bit much imo, unless it's really well maintained with a lot of hours left on the heads. If not, I think 50 would be the max. Extra tapes can be okay, but (and some will disagree with me) they should not influence the price too much as they're often useless for use in the studio; drop outs, dry shed (or worse, sticky shed) are problems that you can have with old tapes. They can be a bargain and I know people who are happy to find stacks of old used tape, but I'm personally not one of them.

1,633 (edited by Stalker 2010-11-19 01:35:11)

Traktor Scratch Duo? It's on sale for $179 till 31st Dec.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/SCSIcide/superjx.jpg

I honestly haven't had a poly in my set-up in I don't even know how long......Most recent polys were a couple of JX-8ps which I have a full parts bin of. Loved those by the way, but just moved on. There's something about the 10 though, that just calls out to me. The SysEx issues might seem an issue but I feel I can get around that easy enough (hopefully)

May treat myself to one for xmas and dust off all of what I learned in music theory....

How much? Anything under $500 picked up in person is a fine deal. Sometimes I miss my JX-10. Very Roland-y. Very 80s. Will probably get a MKS-70 at some point as I'm out of space for boards.

Yep, I've every intention of keeping it under $500. In the last 2-3 months I've spotted 2 on CL that were between 400-450. Was a bit of driving involved to get em but I'd have been game for it (100-150mi)

DX21 or hold off for a fair priced DX7?

Is there anything about the DX-5 that makes it more than just two DX-7's in a bigger box?  Different converters?  Nicer keys?

There's one here locally that has my attention.

Better build and converters apparently. Not to mention most of the performance abilities of the vaunted DX1. It's much better than a DX7 but I wouldn't go super bananas for it. Surely not more than like $600 or so.

Hmm yeah I think I'll pass.  I know part of the reason I'm attracted to it is because it's so rare to see one for sale here.  Plus I don't think it will justify the rather large amount of space it would take up.  I don't need a trophy.

I really want to buy the MicroKorg, and I think I like the original model better. How much should i pay for it ?
I'm thinking i wouldn't pay much more than $600AUD for one. Recently a JX-3P sold for $950 aud with the pg-200.
That's a bit nuts really...

is it just me or have 808 and 909 prices now jumped from 1000 to 2000UKP??!! i am seeing that being asked in a few places. obviously the credit crunch ain't too bad if folk are prepared to cough up that kind of dough (hmmm, maybe they don't see though?)

1,644 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-11-26 10:50:03)

leftcorporation wrote:

I really want to buy the MicroKorg, and I think I like the original model better. How much should i pay for it ?
I'm thinking i wouldn't pay much more than $600AUD for one. Recently a JX-3P sold for $950 aud with the pg-200.
That's a bit nuts really...

Nuts? Man, when I was over there I couldn't help but notice that equipment prices in Australia are ridiculous by all means. In euro land you pay 350 euro for a new  Micorkorg MK1 in shops. That's what... 475 aud? Second hand you pick 'm up for 250 euro, which equals 350aud... There are some aussies here, hopefully they can shed a light on things for you smile

rarara wrote:

is it just me or have 808 and 909 prices now jumped from 1000 to 2000UKP??!! i am seeing that being asked in a few places. obviously the credit crunch ain't too bad if folk are prepared to cough up that kind of dough (hmmm, maybe they don't see though?)

Hmm, over here prices for the 909 seems to be dropping, something like 1200 is rather common again, which I think is about as much as a 808. Maybe the Brits discovered a new million records selling genre that the mainland doesn't know of yet? wink

950 aud for a jx3p/pg200 is a bit steep i guess, atleast compared to euro prices. but hey, it's still a lot cheaper than when it came out tongue
anyway, i don't think one desperate guy with a bunch of cash is gonna set the standard..? maybe on ebay or something.

same goes for the 808's and 909's rarara is talking about. if it's the same as over here, and it's free to post sales ads, some people seem to find it amusing to put up ads asking ridiculous prices, because they have nothing to lose... except karma.

101's took a leap from 500~550 euros to 600~700 euros over here this summer, but now someone seems to have problems selling his for 600. it's a dodgy market for sure. (btw i guess 600-700 euros is pretty close to what they used to cost new, 'in today's money'. not that it makes any difference wink )

anyway i refuse to believe that all these machines really get sold for the ridiculous prices i see in the ads  neutral

1,647 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-11-26 12:46:48)

hans olof wrote:

btw i guess 600-700 euros is pretty close to what they used to cost new, 'in today's money'. not that it makes any difference wink

Hmm, interesting take tho... As the SH101 used to be 500 usd in 1983 I think an Sh101 would at least cost 900 euro on todays market, considering an average annual inflation of 2 to 3%.

Brian Chinetti wrote:
hans olof wrote:

btw i guess 600-700 euros is pretty close to what they used to cost new, 'in today's money'. not that it makes any difference wink

Hmm, interesting take tho... As the SH101 used to be 500 usd in 1983 I think an Sh101 would at least cost 900 euro on todays market, considering an average annual inflation of 2 to 3%.

that's probably more correct. i must admit it was an uneducated guess / shot from the hip from me there roll

im just amused by those old ads with the original prices. somehow it puts things in some perspective despite the trivial geekery.

Yeah it does, I'm always curious about what price something was back then. And I guess it worked the other way round too; spending 500 bucks in say 1985 would have had the same impact on your household budget as 900 euro has now.

It actually is reassuring that todays vintage prices seem high but often aren't that bad at all compared to old list prices. It sure helps convincing the lady of the house smile

Marco Tulio Thrash wrote:

Traktor Scratch Duo? It's on sale for $179 till 31st Dec.

Orbweaver wrote:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/SCSIcide/superjx.jpg
There's something about the 10 though, that just calls out to me. The SysEx issues might seem an issue but I feel I can get around that easy enough (hopefully)

JX10 is great. some of the options might not be as good as hand as on the 8P, but if those menus are super simple to navigate. layering tones makes fantastic strings and pads, and in whole mode it's basicly a 12 polyfonic jx8p. get the colin farrel update to fix the midi problems!

rloep01 wrote:

DX21 or hold off for a fair priced DX7?

i just traded my dx21 for a dx7s, and i kinda miss the raw tone of the 21. also easier to program.
only the keyboard was not velocity sensitive, but if played with midi, it will respond to velocity. i don't know... basicly i miss my dx21, but then again the dx7s is much more of a pro keyboard.