Re: Should I buy...

Juno 6 for 375 Eurobucks?

That seems pretty spendy for a 6.

skkatter wrote:

Juno 6 for 375 Eurobucks?

Isn't that a pretty decent price, I never Juno-6 for sale but I would pay that if I didn't have a 60.  It's a total bargain when you compare other synths at that price I'd say!

It's indeed pretty decent, lately 500 euro is already becoming a normal asking price for the 6, due to the popularity of the 60. And I think you can have midi for maybe 50 or 80 euro.

my tech just did midi on a 6 for 150$, kit and time.

They're the best value in vintage synths imo.

Brian Chinetti wrote:

It's indeed pretty decent, lately 500 euro is already becoming a normal asking price for the 6, due to the popularity of the 60. And I think you can have midi for maybe 50 or 80 euro.

Ach, schade...  I've seen them around here (the 'other' west coast) for 2-300 usd.  I guess I should set some money aside just in case I run across another cheapie.

I would stack them up somewhere at that price!

Definitly, would be a good investment. They always used to be really cheap, cause except the arpeggio they lacked the ability for external control which kinda sucks for a poly synth in a midi studio. And of course; no memory, but that's not too bad. For a long time it was about 200 for the 6, 300 for the 60 and 400 for the 106. But as the 106 voices kept dying and everybody started raving about the reliability and warmer sound of the 6/60, things rather changed over the past 5 or 6 years. The 6 seems the last victim of the price trent tho. You could get those cheap until a year ago, so maybe you'll still be able to find one for a decent price.

Should I buy the Yamaha NS-615B monitors? Are they as good as NS-10? The price is 450$ but I'll try to negotiate...

They're cute...

1,660 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-11-27 13:12:05)

I only heard of them. One thing that is a major difference to the NS10's is that the tweeter is aligned on the left on both speakers so that will influence the stereo image in a near-field set up. Another difference is the used tweeters. Yamaha slightly adapted the NS10m compared to the first NS10 (no M) and it are these 10M's that everybody raves about. The early NS10's where supposedly too bright and people put tissues in front of the tweeters to filter the highs. Now here's the thing: it looks like the 615B uses the original JA-0518 tweeters, instead of the modified JA-0518A you'll find in the NS10M... I'm not saying this is a reason to not get them (I have no experience with the original NS10's at all), but it is something you should know. Personally I would not get them because of the way the tweeters are aligned. 450 is also the price you'll pay for the NS10m's if those are what you initially want. But then again, maybe they're cool to have, they where designed as hifi speakers and you can probably sell them again for the same price you get them for.

Furthermore, there's a really interesting read on te NS10's on the Sound on Sound page:  http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep08/a … hans10.htm
Also be sure to check the linked article: http://www.soundonsound.com/pdfs/ns10m.pdf

hey Brian je moet een rubriek beginnen: 'Brian weet raad' of 'ledlight'  wink

TB or not TB

is ms-20 for tr-808 a fair trade moneywise?

cloud9 wrote:

is ms-20 for tr-808 a fair trade moneywise?

At current prices in the uk, yep..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

thanx  smile

If both items are in perfect shape then yes. Someone must want a MS-20 pretty bad. Product for product I wouldn't make that deal.

plikestechno wrote:

If both items are in perfect shape then yes. Someone must want a MS-20 pretty bad. Product for product I wouldn't make that deal.

Yeah that's what I was thinking... So it's probably much easier to just sell the MS-20 and then buy an 808 rather than find someone who would trade it.

How much?

How much for the MS-20? I don't know ... I have it up for trade on c-list right now but will probably try and sell it if i don't find any traders. You want to buy Ms-20 cebs?

what's a decent price for a boss rrv-10 micro rack without power supply?

c9, if you decide to sell send me a pm

hans olof wrote:

boss rrv-10

over here they do between 60 and 100 eurodollars

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:
hans olof wrote:

boss rrv-10

Here even cheaper, 40 to 50 for those microseries effects.

cebteq wrote:

c9, if you decide to sell send me a pm

will do

mekonin wrote:
Freek wrote:
hans olof wrote:

boss rrv-10

Here even cheaper, 40 to 50 for those microseries effects.

in NL it depends on what type of effect: reverbs and enhanced delays (like the rps-10) are a bit more pricey than the chorus, compressor, distortion, etc.

TB or not TB

thanks freek. i figured it would be something like that. im hoping the rrv-10 is bad enough to replace the reverb of my broken rex50.