Re: 21/10/10 MinimalWave301 - Das Ding LIVE & Veronica Vasicka - Amsterdam

How Veronica has become a celebrity...only a few years ago she was banned from the CBS for advertising her radioshow  roll

ouch

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

mono-poly wrote:

ouch

haha yeah

On my way for some beers

The 7" from das ding i've bought yesterday is spinning on my deck for the last 3 hours.. all the 3 tracks on it are gold!

i wouldn't like to repeat myself but is the 7" available elsewhere ?

lärm macht spass!

deutschmark wrote:

i wouldn't like to repeat myself but is the 7" available elsewhere ?

dunno. would like to buy it myself as i forgot to buy it at the party sad

i accept offers on my copy #007  big_smile

i will get my copy tonight, to bad i didn't bought 2

Vlam Aan

say hi to raphael from me, sorry we saw only so short!

--/~~~~ wrote:

i accept offers on my copy #007  big_smile

I got #06  smile

@Deutschmark and S.T.E.N.T.E.C.

I'm not shure but maybe at Rush Hour? Not online, at least not at the moment, but they sell  Minimal Wave stuff, so maybe they will get a few?

thx for the tip, gotta check them out
btw, who pressed the record? MW or the men who organized the evening?

lärm macht spass!

deutschmark wrote:

thx for the tip, gotta check them out
btw, who pressed the record? MW or the men who organized the evening?

the label says MW026..

39 (edited by Stefano 2010-10-23 07:21:34)

i want that 7" too... 260 copies, there should be some left.
soon @ discogs probably...

das ding was super! havent played the 7"yet, #45 here. if i have time ill play it on cosmic overdrive monday..

oh ja, the 7"... listening to it right now, finally... and like it.

after missing das ding at worm earlier this year (we just arrived when they were playing the last song) i finally saw them live on stage, what was cool. really enjoyed it. but for the rest, i don't know... to be honest i expected a lot more from the minimal wave boss. i mean come on if i go to a party like this then i really don't want to listen to badly mixed italo disco and especially not to stuff that was played by i-f and ig like 10 years ago. it's not that i don't like evita, the man from colours, transdance, set it off, moskow disko or glowing in the dark, i love that stuff. but there is tons of other minimal synth and related music where you can dance your ass off. so i really don't understand why she didn't went more deeper into the genre she's well known for.

42 (edited by ET 2010-10-24 10:38:22)

Queen Of Blood wrote:

after missing das ding at worm earlier this year (we just arrived when they were playing the last song) i finally saw them live on stage, what was cool. really enjoyed it. but for the rest, i don't know... to be honest i expected a lot more from the minimal wave boss. i mean come on if i go to a party like this then i really don't want to listen to badly mixed italo disco and especially not to stuff that was played by i-f and ig like 10 years ago. it's not that i don't like evita, the man from colours, transdance, set it off, moskow disko or glowing in the dark, i love that stuff. but there is tons of other minimal synth and related music where you can dance your ass off. so i really don't understand why she didn't went more deeper into the genre she's well known for.

I do not need to say anything except that a lot of people who seem to want to hear the real thing missed a lot when we did the Hex nights for about 5 years... for playlists see here: http://www.enfant-terrible.nl/hex/

What else is there to say?! Maybe that you can hear dj's M&Kramp team up again this 12 november at OCCII in Amsterdam wink

Queen Of Blood wrote:

so she got booked more for her looks then for her quality big_smile
i heard the same from a friend of mine who visited the event..

Vlam Aan

@ ET
believe me if i was from amsterdam i would have gone to those hex parties. but unfortunately i live in a small town close to stuttgart and there we only have stuttgart schwarz, which is pretty awful (check the playlists and you will know what i mean: http://www.stuttgart-schwarz.de/aktuell … bersicht).

and for the et night in november. well, i would love to join. especially because herr 66 is going to do a dj-set, guess that will be super fun. but i can't afford it to go to amsterdam for parties every weekend.

btw those hex flyers are brilliant.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ ET
believe me if i was from amsterdam i would have gone to those hex parties. but unfortunately i live in a small town close to stuttgart and there we only have stuttgart schwarz, which is pretty awful (check the playlists and you will know what i mean: http://www.stuttgart-schwarz.de/aktuell … bersicht).

and for the et night in november. well, i would love to join. especially because herr 66 is going to do a dj-set, guess that will be super fun. but i can't afford it to go to amsterdam for parties every weekend.

btw those hex flyers are brilliant.

Thanks! It was not directed at you... but more in general... when we did those nights it was before the "minimal" hype... there was not always that much interest... even thought we always got quite a good crowd...

kuczera wrote:
Queen Of Blood wrote:

like any hipster scene wink

TB or not TB

47 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-10-24 12:27:55)

kuczera wrote:

i heard the same from a friend of mine who visited the event..

That's not really a nice thing to say... I think it's more likely she got booked because she runs an interesting label, a label that requires a lot of devoted research and shows respect to both the artist and the buyer. Maybe she thought she should please a for her unknown crowd with some safe music, it's a mistake all of us made at some point and we certainly don't get booked for our looks either.

I guess Brian got some real good points here.

@ kuczera
"so she got booked more for her looks then for her quality big_smile"
-> that's soooooo macho, marco! well maybe they also expected something else or maybe they wanted her to play that stuff, i don't know. i mean check her playlists. of course you will find the one or the other italo disco track in there, but not in such a massive way or how can i say that, i think you know what i mean.
but yeah, comments like this, show that the dj thing still somehow is dominated by men. and it seems that especially for a good looking and nicely dressed woman it is a lot harder to earn some respect than for any other dj. even if you run a label like mw and have a great taste in music. people especially men are watching you... always.

@ ET
"It was not directed at you... but more in general..."
-> of course, i know! smile

"there was not always that much interest..."
-> oh, i know... i guess the interest came with the internet. when all the more obscure and rare stuff was reachable a lot easier through blogs, radio shows, ebay, etc. i also only got a lot more deeper into that kind of music since EliasRafael introduced me to it some years ago. but i also think it is something like a natural development. i mean if you are into electronic music and do research then at some point there is minimal synth. because everything is related somehow. so that's probably the reason for the "minimal" hype right now.

Well i get booked sometimes because i am such good looking big_smile