Re: Tell everyone what you are doing for living...

i suck corporate cock. but the upside is i get to work from home when i feel like it.

Working in daily newspapper.

San wrote:
seutek wrote:

I manage a freelance bureau for stagehands on several events both indoor and outdoor www.labor.nu

I should hit you up for a job when I get overseas smile

No problem

Acta est fabula....

I design stupid books, in a dull way. And I also made a little girl which instead came out pretty good.

I live and work here:

http://www.makeshift.com.au/makeshiftcity_redux/art.jpg

or here:

http://www.makeshift.com.au/makeshiftcity_redux/design.jpg

And get there each morning by:
http://www.makeshift.com.au/makeshiftcity/welcomeballoon.gif

most complicated robot wrote:

... And I also made a little girl which instead came out pretty good.

good work!!

i build software for an internet technology company. its a fun place to work.
i also made a little girl too, although she's 8 now and a little bit crazy

keep hackney crap

mine is still handy, 3yo

problems will arise, ohh, I can see them.

I do adminstrative and traffic stuff for iTV commercials and online advertising. Not very challenging.

I'm a creative artworker in a top 5 DM agency - sounds good - but I have to deal with dicks who can't do their job properly all day every day and so-called creatives who can't work a mac and create themselves out of a paper bag.

I get to work on some kool accounts though - retouching cars, beer, food and stick thin models

great people in the studio though

electrical engineer for heavy industrial construction. can be a pretty interesting job, but i'd like to move into renewable energy rather than the oil and gas projects i'm normally working on at the moment.

Following on from Jonny, great link.

I work with gas as a corgi reg'd engineer, fixing boilers, central heating etc and plumbing. Good job but sometimes have to deal with complete fuckwit customers.

38 (edited by zora 2008-08-14 15:20:39)

im still a student, but have a side job 2 days a week where i may even call myself marketing consultant. mainly im responsible for organising trade fairs, conceptualising and formulating media data, flyer and stuff, online marketing/ affiliate/ ad/ sales stuff, preparing presentations,........the list goes on. its still a small firm in the internet/ travel biz, its fun to work there, i learn and can give a lot of different things a try. besides i also do some promotion jobs for a couple of agencys once in a while.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

following on further i do procurement for an industrial system integrator . oil and gas are our biggest customers

i work for SETI, but im thinking of getting another job cuz this is really boring

I work as a barista in a railway station. Shit wages and conditions, start of day - 4am and bed - 10pm, and my superiors act like an episode of 'The Office', but the upside is that I get home by 2pm, which is good considering that I'm on a production roll after 4 and a half dry years. Besides, there ain't nowt here in creative terms...

Previous jobs: working in various record and hi-fi stores, professional bass player/session musician, music magazine editor and journalist, DJ agency logistics assistant, Red Bull Music Academy representative, book shop manager.

I do pre-press for a letterpress print shop. We don't work from wood anymore as you may see in the link above, but from photopolymer, which is how we're able to take digital files, output to film, and burn the polymer plates with that film.

http://www.fapdm.com/images/prepress.jpg

Started out working the Heidelberg windmill press first,

http://www.unisonpress.com/images/heidelberg.jpg

then took over for the pre-press dude that left, and got a nice raise too.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

I test drive and calibrate car anti-lock braking and stability control systems.

So you basically do handbrake turns and skids and stuff? sounds fun! big_smile

yeah.. pretty much. also in far north of sweden, in the winter.

Doing that stuff on asphalt though gives you a headache.

Woody Aki wrote:

I work as a barista in a railway station. Shit wages and conditions, start of day - 4am and bed - 10pm, and my superiors act like an episode of 'The Office', but the upside is that I get home by 2pm, which is good considering that I'm on a production roll after 4 and a half dry years. Besides, there ain't nowt here in creative terms...

been there man, professional barista for starbucks.... talk about soulless

I sell books.

Is all sound music?

cant say, i signed an NDA

49 (edited by greg_yu 2008-08-15 12:45:14)

yoyodyne corporation wrote:
most complicated robot wrote:

... And I also made a little girl which instead came out pretty good.

good work!!

Hehehehe, yes, I also made a little boy and he came out excellent. He is 20 months old and when I play him some music, i found out that he likes some melodic synth tunes like Adeyhawke's tracks. Also he likes Aeroplane before going to bed, video games like Hugo hahahaha and cartoons, especialy Wallace and Gromitt.

hooliganita wrote:

Picking worms.
They look like this:
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o360 … legans.jpg

With hotmix on my ears and my eyes on the microscope I get the feeling of being in outer space. Makes me high.

where do you pick them from??? I either kill or not these worms for a living big_smile