Re: When is there something really exciting going to happen on this forum?

Scarface wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:
heifetz wrote:

italo got mainstream and even kids of 19 are listening to it in bars. and this is great..

Dude Italo was always meanstream, Italo = RAI UNO commercial crap Berlusconi shit

The attitude was commercial, I guess. A lot of singles didn't succeed in being a commercial succes though so in that respect you can say they stayed "underground"....

underground or commercial it doesnt matter there were a lot of good italo tunes...its just funny to see these kids thinking Italo was a groundbreaking genre/underground music style/source of the musical universe etc.

102 (edited by Scarface 2011-07-05 10:18:34)

Squadra Smackos wrote:
Scarface wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

Dude Italo was always meanstream, Italo = RAI UNO commercial crap Berlusconi shit

The attitude was commercial, I guess. A lot of singles didn't succeed in being a commercial succes though so in that respect you can say they stayed "underground"....

underground or commercial it doesnt matter there were a lot of good italo tunes...its just funny to see these kids thinking Italo was a groundbreaking genre/underground music style/source of the musical universe etc.

Yeah, funny but historically wrong indeed. Can't really blame them "kids" though... If you heard italo for the first time in your life in say the late 90's you might think "Italo was a groundbreaking genre/underground music style/source of the musical universe etc." On the other hand, all these "kids" have the internet nowadays so one search on "italo disco" and you know...so they're to blame after all (?).

"Are you loving?"

Squadra Smackos wrote:
Scarface wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

Of course it was never intended as an underground music style, but couldn't you say it was - unintentionally - for a bit? Seeing how it influenced Chicago House (f.e. Ron Hardy) and Detroit Techno (f.e. Electrifying Mojo)?

I don't know enough about it, but if I'm not mistaken Italo wasn't a commercial success in the USA?

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Reinventing?

Let's ditch italo and start juicing more about slavic/asian/middle east "italo".  wink
There's no substitute for electro though.

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

Chicago house and detroit techno were much much much more influenced by disco, Soul and gospel music, ofcourse they played italo but to say it really influenced those styles I dunno man.

I like the stuff that sounds like Fabio Frizzi or the Tenebrae Soundtrack.
Also people who are afraid of pop music are afraid of the real world... there I said it... from my bed.

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Chicago house and detroit techno were much much much more influenced by disco, Soul and gospel music, ofcourse they played italo but to say it really influenced those styles I dunno man.

Yeah, I don't mean influenced in the sense that you can hear Italo in it (with the exception of f.e. Carl Craig's sampling in Rushed), but couldn't you say Italo was "underground" in the US?

Of course, in Western Europe, it's quite funny when people think of it as an obscure genre reserved for an elite of chinstroking music connaisseurs.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

what kills forums is stupid discussions about what influenced what and what came first. if theres any question in your head about why you listen to italo -- youre listening for the wrong reasons.  theres obviously still some shame associated with it and reasoning youre way out aint gonna help

cebteq wrote:

what kills forums is stupid discussions about what influenced what and what came first. if theres any question in your head about why you listen to italo -- youre listening for the wrong reasons.  theres obviously still some shame associated with it and reasoning youre way out aint gonna help

we came out of the scooter closet in the OTHER thread Celebrity-Tech wink

there's one genre you haven't tried out  give it a shot I'm sure its in you!

which genre is that?

112 (edited by cebteq 2011-07-05 21:08:19)

according to discogs scooter is "German hard dance" - - couldnt have said it better myself

I made a hardstyle album under the name E-gypt. The E is for ecstasy.

this is too easy

back on topic:  any worthy opponents out there?

cebteq wrote:

this is too easy

back on topic:  any worthy opponents out there?

I remember this response from the playground, its usually when the other person is defeated.

Come now Sir, let us not descend to Last Resort Fighting

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t12RHAyPd4A[/youtube]

http://www.thurstontogether.org/drugFacts/images_drugs/e-heart.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD5hcEb5x4w[/youtube]

cebteq wrote:

you got a point there

Vlam Aan

cebteq wrote:

"stupid discussions about what influenced what and what came first"

they call that "history". so stupid. boring and unimportant as well, no? what the f. could we learn from history?

I listen to (some) Italo because I like it. You can't go cheesier than Italo and I don't care. I just like to know about the history of certain electronic music and discuss it.

cebteq wrote:

Shared shame is half shame.

"Are you loving?"

the end has come!
let's talk about what's good on beatport/junodownload/whatpeopleplay

5, 3, 6 or 100 platenspelers, fuck it!

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/movie/endofdays/end_of_days_2.jpg

wink

"Are you loving?"

http://heavemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/rapture.jpg
cool

5, 3, 6 or 100 platenspelers, fuck it!