Topic: bad vinyl?

I recently picked up the skylax release of m&g - boogie tonight: http://www.discogs.com/release/698687

and the quality is terrible. sounds really distorted, even at low volumes. any other record I play sounds fine.

does anyone else's copy sound bad? should I go and buy another one?

Re: bad vinyl?

My copy sounds bad too sad

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

Yup, very poor sound quality. Tis a pity, but I still like being able to listen to it anytime i like big_smile

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

its a shame yeah, but its nice to know its not just a bad copy Ive picked up. thanks guys.

I remember there was a thread on another forum with the same record.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

captain duran wrote:

(buy the original! big_smile)

$$$$ lol

If I see it for a nice price... sure will smile

I would do the same wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

if anyones interested Ive got a near mint copy of m&g - 'boogie tonight' coupled with the awesome 'when I let you down' on skylax records for sale. played just twice. just get in touch.

gotta get back to my promo copy of m&g on skylax which i just got recently (played only once). i didn't notice the poor quality on my livingroom stereo because the speakers are really really sub standard. they look very nice (that's why i have them in my livingroom) but sound shit. i'll have to listen to the skylax with my headphones then... and WTF was this hardrock striker (what a lame name) thinking with his remixes?

mmm, I never realized it... perhaps it's because I never listened to the original one, to get the difference. But I played in clubs two three times, and it sunded good there. I don't know.

another question, yesterday I was listening to the ben richardson skydiver on safey copy, is it the original also with this kind of rumble, plane takes off, mega noise here and there in the track? sound funny... the only other one I know is the neon one (thanks jamesT) and apart from been funkier, it doesn't have that tremendous noise...

what you think?

meschi wrote:
captain duran wrote:

(buy the original! big_smile)

$$$$ lol

If I see it for a nice price... sure will smile

Got mines for a tenner, mint too!
Very lucky
big_smile

paid 20

"Heaven's in the backseat of my Cadillac"

i'm sure you'll find people who paid 2 euro on the flea market for this. just like other people win 2000 euro in the lottery. point is, this is not the norm and not the market price.

and stop showing off!
everybody does what they can

most complicated robot wrote:

and stop showing off!
everybody does what they can

How is commenting on a bargain, in context showing off? neutral
Im sure there was a baragin thread on here before

bargains do happen... its all a matter of luck smile

oh c'mon guys, I can feel a hint of "I had it cheaper than all of you that have paid 50 to 70 bucks, perhaps more" in all those posts like I find this super expensive for 5 10 or whatever...
that's what I'm saying, but, not too seriously, ok?

I got some kind of whitelabel version of the Skylax release and it sounds fine.

most complicated robot wrote:

oh c'mon guys, I can feel a hint of "I had it cheaper than all of you that have paid 50 to 70 bucks, perhaps more" in all those posts like I find this super expensive for 5 10 or whatever...
that's what I'm saying, but, not too seriously, ok?

haha its cool,
Wasnt meant like that, just keeping it topical.

Mr. Maximal wrote:

I got some kind of whitelabel version of the Skylax release and it sounds fine.

you're not by any chance talking about the promo which is white label on one side and has that ugly skylax logo on the other side?

yes I'm pretty positive its this one: http://www.discogs.com/release/1128543

and why should it be different from the official release? same plant same pressing same shit

because it sounds normal?

yes, I mean, why then the official release is a bad one if it has been pressed just after the promo copy?

maybe someone at the plant wiped his ass with it after the promo/test run?