Re: bad vinyl?

Just got home and checked it, there is definately no shit on the record, the promo is "clean". O, and it sounds excellent.

just checked too, the promo sounds decent enough for the floor. i'd bet my bottom dollar though that the audio has been "tampered" (maximizing, or whatever you would call that) with. i can't imagine that the original sounds like that. of course i have no original to cross check with.

mine I cannot say

i didint notice the sound being bad on my copy, but i am listening to it through the shittiest amp on earth.

(but i do remember it sounding odd at the store on headphones, infact i enjoyed it more at home through the amp. but it could have been distorted by the sound of jungle playing through the stores p.a. system)

so....i will check agian at home with headphones.
sucks that we all got over excited by the same record only to be let down sad

when I let you down, no title could have been better

ha! i didnt even catch that one!

first I thought mine sounds okay, then I heard the original pressing. what can I say, it is def not the same (???)

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

captain duran wrote:

first I thought mine sounds okay, then I heard the original pressing. what can I say, it is def not the same (???)

I'd like to hear the original press then, because at first when i listened to the skylax release on a pretty ropey soundsystem i just put it down to the limitations of the amp; but i must confess that i didn't notice anything much when i played it out over a bigger system a few months back hmm

34 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2008-10-06 07:49:14)

compared the original to the (normal, not promo) skylax. the difference can be spotted within seconds even on a so so system. yet another reason to hunt down the original: it doesn't have the shite mixes.

another question: what's it with the sensation "reprint" that i see now and then on ebay? it it a legit/official reprint or just another bootleg?

captain duran wrote:

I just bought the original, and yes, it is a different track basically. Don't know the promo, but I'm fairly sure it'd be the same. For I believe the differences are not in the pressing but on the master. And there would be no two different masters, one for each release.

OT: duran, why your das drehmoment promo for dream disco, in your eyes and i hope is so low in volume? I cannot play it anywhere and I'd love to play "I hope" but even gaining all up it sounds half the volume of many other tracks.

stop buying skylax records, man this label sucks bigtime and has the ugliest artwork i ever saw.
if you don't buy 5 records from that label you saved yourself 50 euri. For that money you can
buy a brand new spanking m&g record with picture sleeve

and for those who don't want to pay 50 euri and don't shop on discogs
there's also a reissue ( yes a real one not a bootleg ) from m&g
without the siae stamp, same artwork and for sale for around 20 euri
had 3 copies from that one ( yes i'm showing off )
but i just want to say if you dig good enough you can find it..

believe me!!

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:

and for those who don't want to pay 50 euri and don't shop on discogs
there's also a reissue ( yes a real one not a bootleg ) from m&g
without the siae stamp, same artwork and for sale for around 20 euri
had 3 copies from that one ( yes i'm showing off )
but i just want to say if you dig good enough you can find it..

believe me!!

I have to verify if there s the siae stamp on mine, because the sleeve is red without a picture wink

No somo Roberto Succo

I also have the reissue.. it comes without the picture sleeve.

Heil CBS

what i meant was label artwork not picture sleeve

Vlam Aan

I have the stamp but not the real sleeve.

No somo Roberto Succo

Someone here has problems with Novamen - Lies?

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

I didn't find the Skylax one to sound that bad. I played in clubs and was OK.
Anyway, a few months after I bought it I got an original copy for free<--big show off

burp