1 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:50:25)

Topic: Folding bike (anyone has one?)

Re: Folding bike (anyone has one?)

ive rode on one and they are handy but you need to get the biggest wheels you can if you want to travel any distance...also they are really overpriced i think...this is kinda cool but gets a lot of bad reviews..it only glows in the pitch black and where in the city does that happen...http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/01/glow-in-the-dar.html

Deathcrush '99

3 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:50:33)

yeah that seems like a bargain....just be sure to check out online reviews i guess

Deathcrush '99

5 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:50:40)

6 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:50:52)

i think the dahon will be better and with care will last you longer.
they are handy for running errands, doing groceries, manuevering through crowds (sometimes), and getting to work (if you live fairly close to work and there are no hills or slopes). but as you are on 20" wheels, going fast or riding for a long distance will require lots of peddaling. i've never ridden one with multiple speeds though, only a 2 speed that had a back break, which is how you triggered the speed change in the hub, so it was a bit of an odd ride compared to a more common bike.
but the gears may help.

but if your main concern is taking a bike on a plane, why not buy a smaller framed, light weight road/hybrid bike with quick release everything and a travel bag/box?

8 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:50:59)

had a dahon from 1982 when i was growin..ill

10 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:51:07)

11 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:51:15)

ah yeah looks like i typed "..when i was growing ill" haha hmm.

yes dahon rulez