Topic: Any thoughts..

http://www.clone.nl/item13478.html

just had a listin on the clone site

bwh - stop / grandmaster flash mash up or how you call that?

Vlam Aan

2 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-24 16:43:51)

Re: Any thoughts..

Mash Up you could call it I guess although I thought most stopped doing that years ago. My first impression is like: "This sounds like kinda fun." On the other (heavier/zware) hand I have got some "mashed up" feelings about "lending" materials so obviously. The sleeve is also a pastiche of Break Machine - Break Dance Party

"Are you loving?"

.. yeah saw that too, and the very limited blabla again
seems to be normal lately

Vlam Aan

Nice use of the word "pastiche". This record has parody written all over it. In the actual sense, not the "funny" sense.

Why is this goofy stuff always so popular in England?

5 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-24 16:52:39)

kuczera wrote:

.. yeah saw that too, and the very limited blabla again
seems to be normal lately

Yeah, that limited bla bla salestalk is getting on my nerves (I guess that's what it meant for). Like: "Are you selling or are you half selling?" It could better be called "playing it safe financially but you all to run for a copy" than "limited". hmm

"Are you loving?"

i like it

7 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-24 17:07:19)

Gabe wrote:

It's like the "Holiday Rap" in the 80's (and loads of other examples like "Woodpecker From Space" to name something). I like those from time to time (I do!). You shouldn't take things so seriously to enjoy this. If I go along this line I can almost enjoy any music (yes I can!). So it's also a case of drawing the line or having an open mind for this.

"Are you loving?"

If they release a mashup of Wijk 7 - Voor Je 't Weet Ben Je Gek (Dutch coverversion of "The Message'') with BWH - Stop that would be the bomb to me!

"Are you loving?"

dunno i kinda like it too, but i think only because of the energy from the bwh record.
other 3 tracks are poep

Vlam Aan

Scarface wrote:

If they release a mashup of Wijk 7 - Voor Je 't Weet Ben Je Gek (Dutch coverversion of "The Message'') with BWH - Stop that would be the bomb to me!

jaaaaaaahhhh die ja.. dikke plaat.

Vlam Aan

the title is great

kuczera wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Voor alle fans: http://wipneusenpim.nl/discohoek/Wijk17.mp3

Tis net een jungle die stad...

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:
kuczera wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Voor alle fans: http://wipneusenpim.nl/discohoek/Wijk17.mp3

Tis net een jungle die stad...

thanks hahaha hah

Vlam Aan

14 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-24 17:47:14)

My brother told me that some guys of Radio Stad Den Haag made this coverversion. Wrote down the lyrics on the CBS-forum once (this is the 12"-version which has somewhat more lyrics than the 7"):

't is net een jungle die stad
't is geen wonder want er is altijd gedonder X2

gebroken ruit aan de overkant
je vraagt je eigen af wat is er aan de hand
't zal wel weer een inbraak wezen
bij wie dat kan ik morgen in de krant wel lezen
ze pikken je auto als-ie voor de deur staat
het is vandaag de dag niet veilig meer op straat
de stad is

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:
Gabe wrote:

It's like the "Holiday Rap" in the 80's (and loads of other examples like "Woodpecker From Space" to name something). I like those from time to time (I do!). You shouldn't take things so seriously to enjoy this. If I go along this line I can almost enjoy any music (yes I can!). So it's also a case of drawing the line or having an open mind for this.

You'll have to forgive the skepticism. Ever since the Stop/Milkshake "incident" a few years back

english are goofy through and through, thats why.

Paudical wrote:

i like it

+1

kuczera wrote:

dunno i kinda like it too, but i think only because of the energy from the bwh record.

+1

Gabe wrote:

I think the BWH/GMF cover/mashup song is really cool actually. If I heard it in a club I would probably go apeshit.

+1

Scarface wrote:

My first impression is like: "This sounds like kinda fun."

+1

Thoughts are +4 until now, right? With the some (political) nuances made here and there ofcourse. wink

"Are you loving?"

Had this mashup since ages ago for free from the datasette website. Nice, but would not jump on the record, mostly because 1) it has no impact efekt on me already after so many listens, 2) the other three tracks are indeed poep, they have some more worthy stuff they could put up on there.

It sounds horrific

Italo democratization, that s all.

No somo Roberto Succo

1st track is super lame and the rest dont make sense either

i hear you

sucks

Scarface wrote:

My brother told me that some guys of Radio Stad Den Haag made this coverversion. Wrote down the lyrics on the CBS-forum once (this is the 12"-version which has somewhat more lyrics than the 7"):

't is net een jungle die stad
't is geen wonder want er is altijd gedonder X2

gebroken ruit aan de overkant
je vraagt je eigen af wat is er aan de hand
't zal wel weer een inbraak wezen
bij wie dat kan ik morgen in de krant wel lezen
ze pikken je auto als-ie voor de deur staat
het is vandaag de dag niet veilig meer op straat
de stad is

24 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-24 23:41:07)

@Smackos
Here's the 7"-version. http://wipneusenpim.nl/discohoek/Wijk17.mp3

The lyrics I took from the 12". You have to skip some lyrics here and there to rap along with 7".

B.t.w. I'm still searching for Radio Stadio Den Haag-versie of Andrea - I'm A Lover. It's a long shot, I know but maybe you know it... I think I better try the RSDH-forum now that I think of it... In this version the lyrics go  like:

"I'm a lover man..............'k wil een borrellllll" (sang like someone who is drunk)

Deze dus maar dan anders:

http://www.tigersushi.com/site/content/disc/cover/6358_2.jpg

"Are you loving?"

wow that is the best dutch rap record I ever heard

je neemt je fietsketting mee ja toch

Pages 1 2 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Any thoughts..