Topic: Computer Monkey - J.M. Band lyrics?

I'm looking for the lyrics to Computer Monkey, but am terrible at figuring out these things.  No idea what the vocoder monkey is saying. Any ideas?

life is heaven 1987 space age children monkey talk monkey talk

Re: Computer Monkey - J.M. Band lyrics?

Try searching the CBS-forum first for these things cause a lot of them have been handled there before. I think this is the best the robots can do for u: http://www.cbs.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21797

"Are you loving?"

Ah, I did a search here and forgot to do a search there. Thanks!

You're welcome and very nice track b.t.w.

Don't you just love those mysterylyrics? My brain just fills in the parts I can't understand. Not that it makes more sense then. smile

"Are you loving?"

Just listening to it, hilarious. Didn't know that one before.

So what's the message behind it?

I have a guess:

Women are able to distinguish between their human and their animal side, while men are not able to do so. According to the lyrics, every woman has got her (inner) monkey on a chain and in order to create a happy family tree (?), the monkey within has to be unleashed, i.e. man and monkey, instead of man and woman, have to unite.

Does it make sense?

"Life has been a party ever since the world began
God made woman fall in love with him
Listen to the story of the happy family tree
It took Adam and a monkey to be"

Another interesting detail: when it comes to love, they speak of "woman", when it comes to the "happy family tree", it's about the monkey. Confirms my theory, right?

for me it's just an italo record, stopped a long time ago to understand the lyrics
krijg je een punthoofd van

Vlam Aan

For me it's just a file. But hey, why not pretend the music we love has got a message? Search for it and you will find! tongue

9 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-25 12:54:16)

C. wrote:

"Life has been a party ever since the world began
God made woman fall in love with him
Listen to the story of the happy family tree
It took Adam and a monkey to be"

Another interesting detail: when it comes to love, they speak of "woman", when it comes to the "happy family tree", it's about the monkey. Confirms my theory, right?

Ah, you're trying to make sense out of the lyrics. smile

I think it's basicly a somewhat other version of the biblestory about Adam & Eve. There it was a snake. Here it's a monkey from space.

"Are you loving?"

It's so much more than just an italo record, it's a deadly italo record

lina wrote:

I wouldn't go further than killer track.

"Are you loving?"

C. wrote:

For me it's just a file. But hey, why not pretend the music we love has got a message? Search for it and you will find! tongue

yeah you might have a point there, but the main thing is : it has been made for dancing

"voor boodschappen ga je naar de albert heijn"

which means :  for your grosery you go to the supermarket, but i don't know if it's the right explanation big_smile

Vlam Aan

Scarface wrote:
lina wrote:

yeah but you aren't from dublin. everyone uses deadly instead of cool over there

keep hackney crap

byron wrote:
Scarface wrote:
lina wrote:

yeah but you aren't from dublin. everyone uses deadly instead of cool over there

O.k., I interpreted deadly as lethal. But hey, I'm from Holland, what do I know.

B.t.w. I've been to Ireland (also Dublin) the previous two weeks and was very impressed! You speak English in your own unique way I noticed. Things like: "tanks" instead of "thanks" and so on.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

I think it's basicly a somewhat other version of the biblestory about Adam & Eve. There it was a snake. Here it's a monkey from space.

lol. there's a sentence that could only make sense in relation to Italo

Scarface wrote:

B.t.w. I've been to Ireland (also Dublin) the previous two weeks and was very impressed! You speak English in your own unique way I noticed. Things like: "tanks" instead of "thanks" and so on.

It's called Hiberno-English and incidentally, I was just raving about it the other day on my friend's site: http://ilovethisworld.com/?p=2863

17 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-25 13:44:44)

@Paudical
I was only speaking in (very) general terms that Computer Monkey could have got its ideas from Adam & Eve, ofcourse. wink

@lina
That was a educating reading on that site. This accent came over to me as very genuine just like the Irish people themselves can be. I have a collegue who has been to Ireland several times and has developed a pretty good "Hiberno-English"-accent. He shows off with it sometimes which makes me laugh and then I try do to some too. But I'm not nearly as good at it as him.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

@Paudical
I was only speaking in (very) general terms that Computer Monkey could have got its ideas from Adam & Eve, ofcourse. wink

Don't listen to Paudical, he's only a little dog

lina wrote:
Scarface wrote:

@Paudical

Don't listen to Paudical, he's only a little dog

I think he has a point though. Some things only make sense in a italo song, nothing wrong with that.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

@Paudical

I know. I wasn't criticizing you or anything (LINA). It's just funny that substituting a space monkey for a biblical character doesn't even raise an eyebrow on this forum smile

Paudical wrote:

I know. I wasn't criticizing you or anything (LINA). It's just funny that substituting a space monkey for a biblical character doesn't even raise an eyebrow on this forum smile

arf

22 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-25 14:12:02)

Gods wegen zijn ondoorgrondelijk....en die van italo disco helemaal.

Transl: God's ways are inconceivable....and those of italo disco even more.

Die mag wel op een tegeltje van mij (you can write that one a tile for me) smile

"Are you loving?"

23 (edited by Bender 2008-09-25 15:57:47)

Hm, you've made me really curious about this song...
Will try to get mp3 from that one, now. (hopefully successful)

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1