Topic: mixer problem

if a two channel mixer has two different volume outputs like at the same gain and at the same volume level one is louder than the other, should I throw the mixer away? do you think is an easy fix? what could it be?

Re: mixer problem

can be a problem of the deck?

can a deck varies the output volume?

Yes, I had a problem with output volume and was the rca of one deck

was it lower or higher the wrong volume output?

but I think <you are right, i tried another turntable, and it seems the same of the other... perhaps one rca is fucked up or the other.

i dunno, but maybe one of your needles is busted?

you damn right echolot.

as simple as that, why didn't I think of it? jus tried now to switch pick ups and needles, and yes, the one which was softer now is louder. so, verdict, needle busted.

thanks. but now I have a new funny problem... one turntable is wobbling a bit, but you can hear it... fuck... time to throw everything away I guess. try to open it see if the screws where loose but they seems very tight... so, perhaps the engine is gone...

i also had some cheap geminis as my first set and one of them had a similar problem after some time..  some part of the spinning plate and/or parts of the directdrive were rubbing against each other or the chassis. you could hear some grinding noises in cyclic repetition and also see it on the strobe that it slowed down during the chrrr sound. they just weren't build to last... besides that the pitch faders were just horrible so i didn't bother anymore with them and got new ones, though the problem could have been fixed maybe