Re: House Music's Obsession with Itself

Let Me Jack!!

"Opinions are a private matter. The public has an interest only in judgments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zsG7qhoUcY

wow. pretty stupid topic no offense. If there is any genre that is obsessed with itself it would be rock. with house there is jack, and with rock there is rocking, or jamming hmm. and why is 303 used hahaha simple because the 303 is sick! hands down a sick bass machine that is kinda like the guitar for acid house music. but really though all music is obsessed with itself because music is great. One of the best things on this earth is music. I agree with elec. that house and jack are used to support the rhythm using words as an instrument in itself. Music is life robots.

GREETZ!

SLEEK wrote:

wow. pretty stupid topic no offense. If there is any genre that is obsessed with itself it would be rock. with house there is jack, and with rock there is rocking, or jamming hmm. and why is 303 used hahaha simple because the 303 is sick! hands down a sick bass machine that is kinda like the guitar for acid house music. but really though all music is obsessed with itself because music is great. One of the best things on this earth is music. I agree with elec. that house and jack are used to support the rhythm using words as an instrument in itself. Music is life robots.

??? what is this lecture all about? were you drunk when you posted it?

yeah ;0

GREETZ!

Trance is also pretty misused, with its king T(r)i

E-Activity 004 out now: https://clone.nl/item29652.html

E-Activism

32 (edited by AFROBOT 2008-10-15 00:13:58)

think it's not only 'house' producers using the word house all the time, there are as well countless hiphoptracks about 'hiphop' and reggaetunes on reggae, rock, disco and funk mentionned before! Pop music is a therm for thousands of styles, there's indeed not a band labeling itself as a popgroup. Popsection in a recordstore is most of the time where you find the good selling popular records they are not specialized in!

It's imo more because these are (sub)cultures, and the artists represent those cultures, they are appealing to the group feeling not ashamed of the underlying ideas and the fact they making this kind of stuff, so they're proud and say out loud!

Of course this principle can easily be misused in a commercial way...

music sounds better

Freek wrote:
Guyver 303 wrote:

Supposedly the name "house" came generally from the venues it was played in, house parties, warehouse parties and The Powerhouse in Chicago. I think anyway.

definitely!

btw: even Bambaata refers to it in Planet Rock: smile

True...also Unknown DJ Mentions House several times in Basstronic...

the word house came from the music that was played at the famous warehouse in chicago.

GREETZ!