Topic: Is holland really a gabber country?

Never been. I'm curious how gabber is Holland?

Re: Is holland really a gabber country?

It went over the top mid nineties and now it's a kind of semi underground thing, mostly for white youths and nostalgic ex gabbers.

very. every weekend there are still several mega raves with thousands of people on speed in big halls jumping up and down to these old hardcore dj's.. it's for sure a bigger scene than ours.. maybe only trance is a bigger thing here..

Its live and kicking smile
This Friday I'll go to a party in a well known 'pop temple' in Amsterdam (Melkweg) with the following killer line-up: 

* Manu Le Malin / The Driver (techno set)
* Kotzaak Klan (PCP)
* Promo
* Dr. Macabre (Lunatic Asylum)
* Miro Pajic a.k.a. E-Man
* Emission

Those used to be the quality producers. I always have been more into their stuff than into the "dutch" sound.

gabber is quite finished, there is a large group of Longsdale Hardcore teens... but its nothing like it was in the mid-90's... I guess now its more a varity of jumpstyle, hardstyle, en hardcore...

TB or not TB

aye, i just can't really fathom what it'd be like. i mean i guess we here in the midwest had drop bass network parties, but thats a different breed. there's some folks who throw "hardcore raves" but they are quite bizarre. the last one i went to had a bunch of really shitty hardcore, and happyhardcore, and Richard Divine.
^. . ^

On most freeTeKno parties theres also alot of Hardcore played but for different crowd.

9 (edited by Freek 2008-10-13 19:03:58)

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

On most freeTeKno parties theres also alot of Hardcore played but for different crowd.

I'm sure these are the parties Bankie would like wink

TB or not TB

hardcore is still alive i ve heard , a boy at my work (20 years old) is totally crazy about hardcore. but he said that in belguim most of the party's get "ruined" by skinhead assholes and the best raves are in holland. its more chilly.
but i never liked it. its just to fast for me :-)

???

In the summers, during early middle nineties, they went to Lloret del Mar. I saw some of them here.

No somo Roberto Succo

This question would have not been asked on cbs.nu i think, feels like robotsforrobots.net is too open. My emotions are mixed wink

Cray wrote:

This question would have not been asked on cbs.nu i think, feels like robotsforrobots.net is too open. My emotions are mixed wink

+1

Cray wrote:

Are there black people in Africa?

wink

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

I used to like Gabber/Digital Hardcore when i was in highschool (circa 1998-2001), but I moved more into electroy weirdness. There's some really annoying people trying to push "to have hardcore represented like in Holland" and I was curious to see if it was.

Gabber music and culture, seems so ridiculous, but I think if I moved to Holland I'd become a gabber producer to make money wink.

Bankie Phones wrote:

Gabber music and culture, seems so ridiculous, but I think if I moved to Holland I'd become a gabber producer to make money wink.

there's some 'new technology' around I heard about... It's called 'internet' and it seems that it might come handy in case of sharing music with people  around the world.

saves you moving the The Netherlands wink

bnkie, lets hear some of that gabber big_smile

here you go: hardcore

I know Catscan pretty well.
He is a little gear crazy like me.
I think he is one off the best Hardcore producers.
But it just isn't my type off music.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

here some Dutch tekno

smile

TB or not TB

kikke!

voor mij is toch wel Curley zn muziek het dikst!

http://www.hardcoreradio.nl/

And some pictures http://www.karpergabbers.nl/pageID_5272452.html

Some quality hardcore DJ's (Gizmo, Darkraver) quit playing this stuff caus' of the whole racist thing in the gabberscene .. don't know really what's going lately, only thing I do visit from time to time are those oldskool party's (ouweknarrenhouse wink)

Sogar die gr

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

kikke!

voor mij is toch wel Curley zn muziek het dikst!

David Spaans is the man!  people always forget him i think    he must have his credits too

lot's of that music is made in david's studio curly lived in david's house for a while
some things are made by david  or by curley and david  or ........  but he isn't mentioned

this is the record!
http://www.discogs.com/release/205181

it was fun for a while (a while lol)  energyhall  parkzicht  eurorave and al those teknivals and on and on   but i'm happy that i left that horror senario  not good for my health.......  people dead or in a loonyhouse brrrrr